Someone please help me, I was a bad boy-----.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I don't see the point.
    It is like a place I belong too, there was a point in time I was very passionate about it.
    Time came along that the people at the top and I did not agree, I stopped caring.
    And guess what? Place still survives, and my heartburn is less.
    It's unfortunate, THT has such a huge presence.
    But I'm not going to beat my head against the wall trying to explain why my widget is more, it's beyond my control.
    And, I don't need to watch people post whom I know is blatantly lying with the masses believing him.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Comm. Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post
      Well, truth be told there are those who have noticed you've been getting a little out of hand lately.
      Dont wish to name names but it hasn't gone un noticed.

The alcohol addiction is treatable however I find crack cocaine to be more relaxing and you meet a better quality of people
      Rather tough on one's teeth I am told though...

Comment

What you smokin in them ceeegars?

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
          Honestly, I don't see the point.
          It is like a place I belong too, there was a point in time I was very passionate about it.
          Time came along that the people at the top and I did not agree, I stopped caring.
          And guess what? Place still survives, and my heartburn is less.
          It's unfortunate, THT has such a huge presence.
          But I'm not going to beat my head against the wall trying to explain why my widget is more, it's beyond my control.
          And, I don't need to watch people post whom I know is blatantly lying with the masses believing him.
          Your call of course
          It's just a shame as good people leave it then leaves the schmucks a place to call their own.

Comment

Problem is people read the site
            People go to the site for information
            The site is quoted all the time

I'm outta there but because of my new/old job, it's been suggested I resume but not the site specifically
            I really dont want to go back there

BUT..............Your doing a dis service by pulling out
            Your a voice of reason and your pulling out leaves a void that will be very missed

Maybe reconsider?
            I go there daily mainly for dockside. I know you are missed. Not sure it's worth the hassle for you though.
            Ocean Master 336
            ETEC 300s

Comment

I'm shocked at how argumentative some of the people are over there. I've got 2 people over there telling me you need a HMS permit to fish offshore and I'm full of crap because I suggested only buying one if you think you'll need it if you're targeting HMS regulated species. Sometimes it's like the Twilight Zone.

I often feel, why bother?

Comment

I see you have your own threat in IM personal section over there?
                I saw that. Farmer is a good friend of mine and he worked for me for quite awhile. I am honored that he left and went out on his own to open up a successful business. There have also been 2 other employees that worked for me that went on their own and are doing fantastic. I once worked for somebody and went on my own that is how its supposed to be. I don't keep my employees down I want them to be better than I am!

I shouldn't have posted on there but I am still so pissed at what they did I just can't let it go. Nothing like having a brand new boat that cost me over $100,000.00 and having a simple transducer install go so wrong. They put my family in danger with the terrible workmanship. Went to bimini only to see my bilge filling up with water from the transducer leaking. They fixed it and it leaked again. I was so mad I took it to have somebody else fix it correctly.

Parker you shouldn't leave THT people need real advice.

Ah I feel so much better know

Comment

• Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr.
                  Editing a comment
                  That's my point
                  If people like OLE continue to leave then the advice left is offfered by who?

Therein lies the problem

As I go thru my humble daily existance I often read about stuff having to do with boats and our usual interests.
                I see TOS quoted all the time
                Sometimes I see me from topics discussed, argued, whatever years ago.
                Very recently I had an ongoing banter with a friend having to do with a specific boat brand and the brands construction.
                In bringing up the brand what do I see? Me and an ongoing discussion quoting a THT topic about the brand from maybe four years ago or longer.
                So, I told my friend that I was having the arguement with that I consulted the experts on the net re the subject
                He asked me who the experts were which I responded..............me.
                I was one of them there gen u ine boat expert kinda guys.
                Shit, kinda makes me want to go to a boat show and pound the side of a hull, huh?

In any event, like it or not, agree or not, TOS is considered the place to go for advice
                That can be truly scary not to mention one of the experts might be yours truly which is very-very scary.

Comment

Here's the problem.
                  I was correcting a post concerning the length of Yamaha Warranty. It is a confirmed, posted on Yamaha's site official Warranty of three (3) Years, a guy quoted it as Two Years and said Suzuki gave six.
                  I corrected him, said what Yamaha gave, alone with Promotions and I was immediately jumped on by Mike, who then started pontificating and I asked a question that I know he answers as untrue and I was jumped on by both his posse and a Mod concerning same. I was labeled as "butt hurt and angry".
                  I have been attacked by Canarianfisher, a guy who lives have way around the world, hasn't bought and engine yet, but is building ONE very expensive CC/WA in a REALLY nice warehouse.
                  He can't even tell who I am, Parker Yacht (which is who I really am) or Parker Suzuki, whom he thinks I post as.
                  I really am smarter than that.
                  I defend Yamaha to deaf ears, Yamaha gets hit on this warranty thing, they get lambasted for not providing warranty for engines YEARS out of warranty.
                  Anyhoo, Just wait a couple of years when the Suzuki fan boys try to get warranty when the need it, should prove interesting.
                  One vendor over there gets the run of the place and lets just leave it at that.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I reccognize some names
                    Some things and names dont change.....regretably

I was a partner in some sets of tooling
                    My partner sold the tooling to a builder which was fine
                    We never used the tooling, had no intention of using it so he turned it into a little cash which gave a builder an immediate boat to build with some very good tooling at a great price.
                    A win win for both parties.

So then a Bozo pontificates over the fact that the tooling was used by us to build a boat which it never was.
                    I told him he was wrong that we never built a boat using that tooling
                    He began arguing with me over it?!?!
                    He had zero idea what he was talking about
                    He had zero knowledge of the subject but was a TOS expert

Lots of that shit goes' on but it does' not change the fact that guys like you need to be there so as to display some degree of sanity

I have no intention of returning so I guess that make me a wimp but rather you than me

Comment

Here's the problem.
                      I was correcting a post concerning the length of Yamaha Warranty. It is a confirmed, posted on Yamaha's site official Warranty of three (3) Years, a guy quoted it as Two Years and said Suzuki gave six.
                      I corrected him, said what Yamaha gave, alone with Promotions and I was immediately jumped on by Mike, who then started pontificating and I asked a question that I know he answers as untrue and I was jumped on by both his posse and a Mod concerning same. I was labeled as "butt hurt and angry".
                      I have been attacked by Canarianfisher, a guy who lives have way around the world, hasn't bought and engine yet, but is building ONE very expensive CC/WA in a REALLY nice warehouse.
                      He can't even tell who I am, Parker Yacht (which is who I really am) or Parker Suzuki, whom he thinks I post as.
                      I really am smarter than that.
                      I defend Yamaha to deaf ears, Yamaha gets hit on this warranty thing, they get lambasted for not providing warranty for engines YEARS out of warranty.
                      Anyhoo, Just wait a couple of years when the Suzuki fan boys try to get warranty when the need it, should prove interesting.
                      One vendor over there gets the run of the place and lets just leave it at that.
                      Way back during the who owns Fountain/Pro-Line/Donzi and Baja, wars, is there a BK or not, and the legal battles between all the players, I was the official/non official mouth of the south for the goings on while no longer employeed by any of the brands.
                      I had the unsaid authority to do so and was well in the loop
                      I reported exactly what was happening including the direct links to read exactly what the judge said and the rulings.
                      Understand that I gave the links to the rulings and the Federal Judges words on the matter.

Then came the idiots
                      The guys with the "inside knowledge"
                      The guys who I guess had a brother in law who ran a gas station and knew someone that knew someone who knew the "real goings on"

Some of the PM'S I recieved went beyond any sense of reason

Look guys, here's the judges own words
                      Here's the judges rulings
                      Here's the depositions
                      All written, public record, requiring perhaps a fourth grade reading skill

But, there was always those who had the "Real inside story" and not to believe what the Federal Judge said or the rulings

It's a subject of conversation today with the Pro-Line owner and the same man who owns all the Fountain buildings and property
                      The same man who saved the brands from those who wanted to BK them and sell them off
                      The same man who kept the brands intact and kept people working
                      The "Good Guy" who prevailed and is my new boss today

I look back on all that shit and the idiots I had to deal with and it's almost laughable but at the same time dangerous because there are many who believed the idiots version and (you ready for this) still believe it this very day.

So Ole
                      If I can do it you sure as shit can

Anyway, rather see you thrown to the sharks than me
                      I spent my time in the barrell
                      It's your turn for a while

Comment

Mike,
                        It's a good site, for exposure.
                        It generates activity, people contact me all the time saying the saw me on TOS, but not alot rolls over into $$.
                        But still, you post it there, it gets out to the WWW.
                        And I have purchased some good items from people there.
                        I have learned some things from there.
                        I have met good people from there, look at all the good people on this site? They cam from there.
                        Butt-------.Enough is enough.

Problem also is now, the attrition, there are so many new people, no one knows who or what we are anyway, other than a "Butt hurt, angry" Yamaha Dealer.
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

You'll be greatly missed

It's a shame however you know what's best for you

And, as an aside............I'm Suzuki and Mercury
                          Who wants one of them there Yamaha's anyway

Comment

BUT..............Your doing a dis service by pulling out
                            Your a voice of reason and your pulling out leaves a void that will be very missed

Maybe reconsider?
                            I hear what you are saying Mike, but I would disagree. Its not a dis-service to leave something that causes you angst and aggravation. I think you would agree with that.

The management on TOS is what is taking that site down in quality information. They don't care about anything but clicks and clicks and more clicks. Its all about the traffic,which is the reason they bought the site from Wiley. Nothing wrong with that, its a business. But the close-nitness of the site, left years ago in my opinion. Even though I left for the reasons I did, I used to say to myself long before that, I don't know why I even bother staying. So many unsubstantiated opinions presented as facts, baseless accusations, hiding behind fake user names. Similar to Facebook, but at least with Facebook you know who the other person is.
                            Yamaha Sales-Parts and Service
                            Toll Free 888.231.2392
                            Direct 920.264.0873
                            andyjr@shipyardisland.com
                            www.simyamaha.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

I hear what you are saying Mike, but I would disagree. Its not a dis-service to leave something that causes you angst and aggravation. I think you would agree with that.

The management on TOS is what is taking that site down in quality information. They don't care about anything but clicks and clicks and more clicks. Its all about the traffic,which is the reason they bought the site from Wiley. Nothing wrong with that, its a business. But the close-nitness of the site, left years ago in my opinion. Even though I left for the reasons I did, I used to say to myself long before that, I don't know why I even bother staying. So many unsubstantiated opinions presented as facts, baseless accusations, hiding behind fake user names. Similar to Facebook, but at least with Facebook you know who the other person is.
                              I'm sorry to see legit people leave so as the people seeking info are left to what's left
                              My intent with the dis service was to say that good people will not have the advantage of people like OLE
                              I think it's a shame however I admit that maybe I could have used a better choice of words.

OLE'S good people
                              We're accumulating alot of good people on BOB
                              I guess I'm just wishing that we continue to take the high road but am sorry that the good information is leaving TOS to the boneheads

Comment

Working...
                              X