So , when Russia shoots rockets into civilian buildings it's terrorism ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So , when Russia shoots rockets into civilian buildings it's terrorism ....

But when Israel does it to the Palestinians its OK ? Hmmmm ?

I usually don't take a trolled bait. But what the hell, its cold and I got nothing better to do.

I think the main difference is:
    The Russian's are invading and targeting civilians with no military presence or objective.
    The Isralies are shooting directly back to the source of fire AFTER they were fired upon. The Palestinians are purposely using the civilian population as shield's. (Plus hamas are firing first)

Those are polar opposites. Most reasonable people can determine that and not attempt to stir crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
      I usually don't take a trolled bait. But what the hell, its cold and I got nothing better to do.

The Russian's are invading and targeting civilians with no military presence or objective.
      The Isralies are shooting directly back to the source of fire AFTER they were fired upon. The Palestinians are purposely using the civilian population as shield's. (Plus hamas are firing first)

Those are polar opposites. Most reasonable people can determine that and not attempt to stir crap.
      Guess I'm unreasonable. But I'm damn sure not unreasoning.

I suspect that your news sources are not telling the truth. The Russians went into Ukraine to protect their country from NATO infringement, and to protect Russian-speaking civilians who had been receiving artillery fire from the western Ukrainians for eight years. They've actually been pretty judicious with their use of force, but have kicked it up a notch, probably from frustration at the slow rate of progess that resulted. They've also been forced to take the gloves off to deal with all of the western military help being given to Ukraine.

​​​​​​​The Israelis are simply expanding their territory by bulldozing the Palestinians out of their way, and killing them when they get uppity and try to resist. No different, really, than what the European settlers did to the natives in America, except now we're supposed to be civilized.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

• Sans Peur
        Sans Peur commented
        Editing a comment
        "The Russians went into Ukraine to protect their country from NATO infringement"

Seems to me by that measure of justification we should be militarily invading quite a few countries to protect our NATO allies from communist infringement. I say we begin with China.
        Soon as we supply enough ammo and sanctions to kill off rusiaa.

• LFBB
        LFBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Sans, you may well have a valid point there, what you are missing though is, we (the government) now invites communisum.

• fijon
        fijon commented
        Editing a comment
        The biggest difference is that the Jews once lived in that land before the Romans kicked them out and renamed it. Palastine comes from the word Philistine. Land of the Philistines. They were the people that lived there prior to the Jews, aside from Abraham and Lot.

There is no such thing as an ethnic Palastinian. Just arabs that moved in over the last 1000 years.

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post

No , the Hamas is just a faction of the Palestinians and do not represent the population as a whole . The Palestinians civilians have no say in what the Hamas does .

And , the Palestine's are not receiving 3 billion dollars a year to wage war from the US . Also , they have just as much right to the land we ceded to the Jews as the Jews do .

Also , it's a well known fact that the very first nation to be born from a war of terrorism is ..... the USA . We practically invented terrorism , we fought an uncivilized war against the British , and reinvented the way wars were fought .

Comment

• Ol Mucky
        Ol Mucky commented
        Editing a comment
        Palestinians don’t/can’t do anything about it’s violent citizens? And gosh gee wiz, what the heck those hamas guys, bunch of jokesters they are

• DaleH
        DaleH commented
        Editing a comment
        "The Palestinians civilians have no say in what the Hamas does ... "

Yeah, right ... especially when they turn a blind eye!

• fijon
        fijon commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew u was a redshirt. Many old Americans will assert that quite a few settlers had no allegiance to the king. They left the Island he ruled because they didn't want him to rule them. When he followed with an army and started taxing them like subjects they called bullshit.

The Issac and Ishmael families will always be at war with each other.
      Arabs and Israelis.
      Ishmael: Abraham is my father.
      Issac: And he is my father too.
      Ishmael: But I was born first.
      Isaac: Yeah, but the promises were made to me and so was the Promised Land.

Bada Bing, Bada boom.
      I’ll shoot a rocket into your room.

Comment

I can see this whole thing being a "school yard" scrap for years, and over time, more and more countries will add to the size of the "issue" until it finally blows up into a world wide "Police action"

Comment

Isreal Palastine 1,000 plus years religious land war.....

Russia Ukraine recent intentional douchebaggery.....

Apples to explosive Diahiar comparison

Comment

• fijon
            fijon commented
            Editing a comment
            toilet terror

Originally posted by Lprizman View Post
          Isreal Palastine 1,000 plus years religious land war.....

Russia Ukraine recent intentional douchebaggery.....

Apples to explosive Diahiar comparison
          Not true , there was no Israel until 1948 , before that it was Mandatory Palestine . Jews and the Arabs fought , but there was no country of Israel .

Comment

• noelm
            noelm commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess you can change the names, but religious, cultural, land border, generational "hate" has been a part of life in that part of the world for centuries.

• Lprizman
            Lprizman commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm implying that entire region has been a shitstorm for centuries.....

• DaleH
            DaleH commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's a FACT back at ya' ...

"There is no such thing as a 'Palestinian People or Person'. When the Romans changed the name of Israel to Palestine, the people living there at the time were JEWS .. Israelites ... not Arabs."

Speaking of wars...the battle of Armageddon is believed by many scholars to be fought in the city of Megiddo in Israel. A location where many previous battles have taken place. Some believe it is a symbolic representation of the Final Battle. None the less, This reference of the battle is found in Revelation 16:16.
          Israel is a target country and people throughout the ages. They have been held captive, attacked, scattered and attempted extinction. They are still God’s chosen nation and will be protected and remain until the End of The Ages. They will still encounter persistent attacks until the end, as it is foretold in the Bible.
          Ezekiel 38 & 39 are other good references about some other attacks come to Israel. Good read. Crazy stuff, as far as wars go.
          You ain’t seen nuthin yet.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCat22 View Post
              Israel is a target country and people throughout the ages. They have been held captive, attacked, scattered and attempted extinction. They are still God’s chosen nation and will be protected and remain until the End of The Ages. They will still encounter persistent attacks until the end, as it is foretold in the Bible.
              Not sure how that can be true since Smitty says the nation of Israel has only been around since 1948. lol
              Andrew Munao Jr
              Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
              888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

So funny to me the way people recite the Bible as if it's actually true . It's a proven fact that the Old Testament was written by a small group of Greek Jews , like maybe 6000 people . The Dead Sea Scrolls proved this . There were many discrepancies between the Scrolls and what is actually the Bible of today .
                That is until the Catholic church did what they do best .
                They bought the scrolls and had their own interpreters put a spin on them that precisely matches the version of the Bible they promote .
                The Bible had been re-written and edited so many times it's not funny . But , if the Jews wrote the Bible it's no wonder they're the chosen people .

God didn't write the Bible , man did . And saying God spoke to Moses holds as much truth as when Tammy Faye Baker and her Hustler Husband Jim saying God spoke to them .

To think that People living in caves made up story that many deem relevant today is beyond belief .

Comment

• fijon
                  fijon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is patently false. The Old Testiment or Jewish torah was written by Hebrews. Rabbi's in turn refined those laws into the Mishah and Talmud. They keep digging up stuff over there that supports so many claims of it's efficacy. You can forget everything the Catholic church has done since it's inception and there is ton's of historical evidence supporting the existence of ancient Israel.
                  Just because YOU choose not to believe doesn't make it false. Many scientists, atheists and historians have chosen to believe.

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
                So funny to me the way people recite the Bible as if it's actually true . It's a proven fact that the Old Testament was written by a small group of Greek Jews , like maybe 6000 people . The Dead Sea Scrolls proved this . There were many discrepancies between the Scrolls and what is actually the Bible of today .
                That is until the Catholic church did what they do best .
                They bought the scrolls and had their own interpreters put a spin on them that precisely matches the version of the Bible they promote .
                The Bible had been re-written and edited so many times it's not funny . But , if the Jews wrote the Bible it's no wonder they're the chosen people .

God didn't write the Bible , man did . And saying God spoke to Moses holds as much truth as when Tammy Faye Baker and her Hustler Husband Jim saying God spoke to them .

To think that People living in caves made up story that many deem relevant today is beyond belief .
                The saying is true...We mock what we don’t understand.
                Since you are attacking its veracity, I’d like to share some unique details about this book.
                Some interesting facts about the Bible:
                It was written in 3 languages, across 3 continents and took approximately 1500 years, by about 40 authors whom most didn’t know each other, yet who’s accounts corroborate each other’s.
                It supports many scientific facts before any astronomers nor telescopes existed:
                The earth is round, Isaiah 40:22 (NIV),
                “He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.”

Another fun scientific fact found in the Bible is the reference to space. This is found in Job 26:7 (NIV), which dates back to approximately the 6th century B.C.:
                “He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.”

Blood Is the Source of Life
                With modern science, you know that blood is needed for life. However, this was not common knowledge in biblical times. In Leviticus 17:11 (NIV), it is noted that,
                “For the life of a creature is in the blood.”

​There are two verses within the Bible many scholars say relate to the hydrologic cycle before this was an understood concept. Written in about the 8th century, Amos discusses the ocean going into other lands and bodies of water. In Amos 9:6 (NIV) it says,
                “He calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land."

​ Another verse that reflects this cycle is Ecclesiastes 1:7 (KJV):
                "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.”

Air Has Weight
                The fact that air actually has weight is a relatively new discovery, accredited to Evangelista Torricelli in 1644. However, the Bible discussed the weight of air in Job 28:25 (ESV):
                “When he gave to the wind its weight and apportioned the waters by measure.”

​There is much more to support the Bible’s uniqueness and veracity.
                It takes more faith to NOT believe the Bible than to believe it. Your faith is commendable, but sadly, leads to destruction.
                If you are not in agreement, take it up with God. He is faithful to listen and reveal answers...if you are truly seeking.
                Matthew 7:7-8
                7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Many blessings.

Comment

• Smitty45
                  Smitty45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry , but what about when the Vatican said the Earth was the center of the Universe and imprisoned Galileo for proving the Earth did in fact rotate and revolves around the sun ?

This time, Galileo’s technical argument didn’t win the day. On June 22, 1633, the Church handed down the following order: “We pronounce, judge, and declare, that you, the said Galileo… have rendered yourself vehemently suspected by this Holy Office of heresy, that is, of having believed and held the doctrine (which is false and contrary to the Holy and Divine Scriptures) that the sun is the center of the world, and that it does not move from east to west, and that the earth does move, and is not the center of the world.”

Quoting the Bible to prove it's authentic is useless , as it's been edited so many times . What about how the four gospels were vastly different in the original version and now they are practically the same ?

Believe what you want , it's no big deal to me .

Only thing that is proven , is there has been a different religion for every stage of evolution , from worshipping fire , to the Sun , or Oden , religion is an invention of mankind .

• LFBB
                  LFBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not looking to piss on anyone's thoughts or beliefs, I would like to know when there observations were made. Wasn't some guy (was it Magellan) going around the world and persecuted by the Pope for it? I may be way off but it's what I remember. I learned a long time ago, where there is human element there is corruption, it's no different with any organized religion as far as I'm concerned. Trafficking in young children, illicit affairs, aborted babies, persecutions you name it, they are all guilty to me.

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Not sure how that can be true since Smitty says the nation of Israel has only been around since 1948. lol
                I don't want to speak for Smitty (not qualified, I'm sure), but I believe he's referring not to the historical 12 tribes of the Israelites, but to the modern Zionist State of Israel. Two different things.

And the modern Zionist State of Israel was in fact formed in 1948, largely out of the efforts of Lord Walter Rothschild, the terror campaign by the Irgun (led by David Ben-Gurion and Menachem Begin), and support in the UN by Josef Stalin. Despite the Balfour Declaration, Britain tried hard to sandbag the creation of the Zionist state. The US really didn't want it either, but accepted it:
                “Since Stalin was determined to give the Jews their own state, it would be foolish for the United States to resist!” - concluded US President Harry Truman and instructed the "anti-Semitic" State Department to support the "Stalinist initiative" in the UN. -https://peskiadmin.ru/en/kak-i-zache...-istoriya.html

David Ben-Gurion, leading the Irgun, said, "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Has anything changed in the last 80 years?

When Menachem Begin took over the Irgun in the early 1940s, he launched an offensive against the British colonial occupation of Palestine. The Irgun carried out a bomb attack against the King David Hotel in 1946, killing over 91 people. Their campaign of terrorism largely convinced the British to turn its future over to the United Nations in 1947, and leave. When the going gets tough, the tough "get going", a skill the American military has shown recently.

Not all Jews are descended from Jacob, nor even Abraham. God promised Abraham, "“Look around from where you are, to the north and south, to the east and west. All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever." ​Applying the promise to anyone who claims to be a Jew, whether the offspring of Abraham or not, is heresy, as it takes a very plain Bible statement, and twists it to mean something else.

The link above has a good quick history of all of the various incarnations of Israel in Palestine, if anyone's interested. Much more interesting, and more enlightening, than what you'll get at a modern Sunday school, which is tainted by the use of Cyrus I. Schofield's tortured reinterpretation of the King James Bible.

Yeah, I know, my opinion. Remember Proverbs 27:17.😉​

Comment

I guess I'm a bit in the middle here (and a skeptic in a lot of ways) but, old text can be interpreted a dozen ways, people have "predicted" the end of the world and who knows what else, but.....it didn't happen, kind of like reading your stars in the paper and relating it to "stuff" to convince yourself it's all true. My sister in law is a huge believer in the "after life" and pays to see all these people to tell her about the past, most facts they tell her could easily be found by looking at her Facebook posts! My point is, almost anything can be related by twisting words to suit your narrative.

Comment

Working...
                  X