It's boating related. You'll enjoy this piece of art.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's boating related. You'll enjoy this piece of art.

Created by a Tattooist artist named Jason Stieva.
    Took approx. 15 months to complete.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1524).png
Views:	156
Size:	888.0 KB
ID:	175611
    That's bad _ _ _!

No idea on market value but I can guarantee it's not cheap.

Not my cup of tea, but you have to admire the attention to detail. Wonders what its all made of.
    Andrew Munao Jr
    Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
    888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

• DaleH
      DaleH commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine either .... and it looks like it needs to be keel-hauled .... too much crap on her, lol!

very cool, many collectors would pay a lot for something like that. Unbelievable how may collectors there are for anything unusual; and they'll pay plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
      Not my cup of tea, but you have to admire the attention to detail. Wonders what its all made of.
      Details are incredible.
      Probably some kind of hard wood.
      That's not a small model ship. Guessing from the size of the table top I'm guesstimating here and saying the length of the vessel is 5+ foot long and close to 4 foot in height.

Comment

I love it!!
        Pirates of the Caribbean
        2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
        Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Coastboater
          Coastboater commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I thought of…Jack Sparrow

Pretty cool!

Comment

Wow that's cool, I'd hate to dust it though. Reminds me of the opening of black sails.

Comment

Now, take that bad boy and 3 D print out 1,000 copies and make a fortune.
            This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
            You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
              Now, take that bad boy and 3 D print out 1,000 copies and make a fortune.
              Spoken like a true Chinaman. LOL. Is that you Tunnels???. LOL
              China has been pulling that crap forever and flooded our industries with garbage that's subpar, doesn't last........You get what you pay for.

I can only guarantee 1 thing here, steal and reproduce that ship design and you'll be getting Cease & Desist Orders. Those artist' will sue you in a nanosecond.

Comment

Originally posted by Riptied View Post

Spoken like a true Chinaman. LOL. Is that you Tunnels???. LOL
                China has been pulling that crap forever and flooded our industries with garbage that's subpar, doesn't last........You get what you pay for.

I can only guarantee 1 thing here, steal and reproduce that ship design and you'll be getting Cease & Desist Orders. Those artist' will sue you in a nanosecond.
                I'm suggesting the artist make the copies and sell them.
                This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Just ask Louis Vuitton about suing for replicas. It doesn't work to well whe. You sue a Chinese company owned by the Chinese government in a Chinese court.

Comment

It's a 1 of a kind which is 1 of the attributes what makes it so valuable. Too much detail for some chinaman to hand carve a replica. Not profitable.

What they WOULD do is possibly carve one and use it as a core for mass cast production.

Comment

They don't need to carve it. I have a customer with a movable camera system where they put an object on the stand, the camera moves all around the object and creates a 3D image in the computer with tolerances within .0000001. (They do power generator turbine blades) Load it into a 3D printer and BOOM, they start coming out by the hundreds for next to nothing each.

They have 3D Lazer Printers that print in Titanium and make power generator gas injection nozzles. It is super cool but very tedious to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X