Pets in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets in HD

WTF is it with people bringing their pets into HD?

Not service dogs, out and out pets.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

I take Buddy everywhere , whats wrong with him in HD ?

Comment

I’ve taken Roxy when just picking up something small. She loves riding in the truck, the attention she gets in the store, and the overall experience.
      One time a lady with two small children asked if they could pet her as the kids had never been that close to a dog. I taught the kids the proper way to greet a strange dog. The kids were tickled and Roxy loved the attention.
      Our local store there’s a lady in customer service that if she’s working gives your pooch a treat when you enter the store.

Comment

I'm afraid I'll run over a critter in Homeys. Same with kids. That's one reason many of us go to professional yards. No kids, pets, homeowners.

Comment

I have always been a big dog kind of guy, mainly Shepherd's. About 3 or 4 weeks ago the GF/Wife get this little guy. His name is Bob.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221005_123135.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	175585

Bob now has his own seat in both my F350 and the Bronco Raptor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221115_082902.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	175586

He is actually very chill, hardly barks and goes everywhere with us. Home Depot included. Never thought I would like a small dog.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
            WTF is it with people bringing their pets into HD?

Not service dogs, out and out pets.
            Ennnngh, they are better than some of the people in HD.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Must be a world wide trend, it's common to see dogs in shopping trolleys, dogs in coffee shops, dogs everywhere. I like dogs, but.....most owners don't realise that they think their dog is fabulous, but, not everyone shares that love, kids can be scared of dogs, respect others if you must take your dog shopping with you, or if you take your dog out walking or to the beach.
              Last edited by noelm; 11-28-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I won't address anyone individually here, afraid someone might get butt hurt. Animals do not belong in retail environments.
                • Dogs wonder a bit when owners are preoccupied bragging about their particular mutt. Leads to tripping hazard.
                • Dogs (not all) bite or nip when strangers approach.
                • Some dogs don't like other dogs and go after them, fur flies then fists, emotions follow in suit.
                • Your dog isn't nearly as cute as you think they are.
                • Some owners feel the need to stop in the middle of an aisle to chat about their dog when others are trying to get what they need and be gone (holding up the flow ain't good).
                What did I miss, surely someone shares my opinion.

PS, it's HD, Target, the Mall, I can understand Pet Smart.
                This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

• Smitty45
                  Smitty45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Show me on the doll where the mean doggy hurt you , LOL . Go to your safe space , the doggy will pass .

I have no desire to shop or worse eat with other people's pets. If they're allowed I go somewhere else.

Comment

• Sans Peur
                  Sans Peur commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea, not taking him into a restaurant. Outdoor open air tables might be ok. Inside? NFW.

• noelm
                  noelm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even outdoor tables should have no pets (in my opinion)

• Smitty45
                  Smitty45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Buddy is a regular at many outdoor restaurants around here , they love him , always bring him water . He sits or lays beside my chair and never causes a fuss . Better than most people's kids , and that's a fact !

How about in the bank?
                My brother and S.I.L have a dog, named Bader. I kid you not. As in Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
                Their life revolves around the dog. She is nice and all, butt.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• DaleH
                  DaleH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's the new business model for DIODE's .... Dual Income/One Dog Existence

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                How about in the bank?
                My brother and S.I.L have a dog, named Bader. I kid you not. As in Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
                Their life revolves around the dog. She is nice and all, butt.
                PETS in general do not belong in a business establishment, period. We are turning into an attention starved people. When I was a kid and quite frankly up until recently you never saw a pet inside a store of any kind. I can recall any number of times someone would walk their dog to the corner store or deli/liquor store and tie their dog to a pole or street sign, they make a quick run in and leave. No prancing around, "Oh look how special I am, I have a F'ing dog!"

Not directed at you, just responding to your question or point of the bank.
                Last edited by LFBB; 11-28-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Boy, there are some really angry sounding people on this thread.

Maybe they should get something that keeps them calm and relaxed, like a dog or.something.

Comment

In our current displaced situation, out of necessity, our chocolate lab goes pretty much everywhere with us, including many trips to HD. There are many here in the same situation, hotels are packed with dogs. He's always well behaved, bothers no one, including other dogs, unless perhaps they would hassle him for some reason. He could easily pass for a therapy dog and usually brings a smile or gets a rub on the head/belly from other patrons. He is also much better groomed than some of the people in places we frequent, and never wears his PJ's in public.
                    Sanibel FL
                    2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

Comment

We have both of our Yorkies here at work, everyday in my office. Its more out of not wanting to go home and let them out and being alone all day. We have a conference room for meeting with customers and vendors, so if someone comes in my office, they are usually friendly. Usually. The larger male can be protective, which I hate.

I would not take them into a retail business. But it doesn't bother me if someone brings there pooch into a HD or something like that. As long as its not a cat, otherwise I would have to ask them to turn in their man card and leave.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6076[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.63 MB ID:	175618
                      Andrew Munao Jr
                      Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                      888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

• SIM
                        SIM commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Got me there! We have 4 children and when the last two left home(twin boys) the house was awful quiet and big. I didn't like the new life style and suggested to my wife about adopting one or two kids. Next thing i knew we had two dogs! lol

• Smitty45
                        Smitty45 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Smart woman , LOL

• LFBB
                        LFBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your office, your rules. HD, Publix, not so much.

My uncle used to say , - If you don't have a dog and a pick up truck , you just ain't nice people ! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X