Marco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco

Good morning, just arrived in Marco last evening and all ready sweating my butt off---poor me. Traffic was awful yesterday which was to be expected. Just glad to be south for the winter!

Good morning ! My daughter lives in Marco , the traffic is nonstop over there , but it's really nice , enjoy the humidity , LOL

Comment

That’s wonderful!!
      And yes, imagine traffic was crazy.
      How long of drive?

I’d much rather be sweating my butt off than freezing my balls off🤪
      Time to get that putter ready for South Florida greens.
      2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Tiretyme
        Tiretyme commented
        Editing a comment
        Hit’em good!!

• erie skipper
        erie skipper commented
        Editing a comment
        Executive course, great place to work on iron play

• Tiretyme
        Tiretyme commented
        Editing a comment
        Post up score this evening

....Polo.

Comment

• bluewaterposer
        bluewaterposer commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn! Best me to it.

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it , funny !

How was driving through Atlanta?
      Andrew Munao Jr
      Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
      888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

• LFBB
        LFBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully he went around Atlanta.

Originally posted by SIM View Post
      How was driving through Atlanta?
      All you have to do with Atlanta is hit it at the right time just like any major city. We went through Sunday morning at 8 am, it was a breeze. But farther south every other snow bird like us was heading south along with the Thanksgiving weekend crowd. We got here and that's all that matters---a few cold Stellas and I was right as rain after driving for 10 hours Sunday.

Comment

• massbay
        massbay commented
        Editing a comment
        24 more to winterize, will be south by mid december.

• erie skipper
        erie skipper commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you!

I hate driving in-thru Atlanta, especially in a commercial vehicle!

Yes, Atlanta traffic IMHO is worse than SoFlo traffic which I am used to!

BWP

Comment

• bluewaterposer
        bluewaterposer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank for the perspective, the last mile is always the most difficult mile.
        Out Interstate system is easily travelled due to it's designed to flow with minimal entrance and exits, until you get to big cities, then there is an exit every mile.

The beauty of traveling is zeroes or dives is a major highway leading coast to coast whether E or W, or N or S, 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's are shorter highways leading to major cities between the longest routes.
        Interstates 5, 15, 25, etc, start W and go E,.

Interstates, 10, 20, 30, etc start S and go N.

I-95 starts in Miami and ends up in Maine.
        I'll explain in further detail if you wish about spurs into cities and bypasses around them.

• bluewaterposer
        bluewaterposer commented
        Editing a comment
        Zeroes or fives.

• bluewaterposer
        bluewaterposer commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't resist, Miami has a 195 leading directly into the city, Ft Lauderdale just 35 mile N has a 595 again leading directly into the city.
        Odd digits are a spur directly in, Even digits are a bypass around, 3 digits together are special highways denoting specific routes.
        All major N, S, E, or W arteries never exceed 2 digits.
        Atlanta has at least 3 major interstates going through or around, I-20 E to W, I-75 N to S, I-85 also N to S.
        285 is the bypass around Atlanta and it is what sucks, I -75 goes straight through the city and trucks not allowing unless making local deliveries.
        I know the Interstate system well due to being a commerce vehicle driver for decades and a few years over the road, OTR.

Hope this helps you Noelm from down under!

Next lesson is streets and avenues, note!
        Streets typically run E to W,

Avenues typically run N to S.
        There are always exceptions.

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

All you have to do with Atlanta is hit it at the right time just like any major city. We went through Sunday morning at 8 am, it was a breeze. But farther south every other snow bird like us was heading south along with the Thanksgiving weekend crowd. We got here and that's all that matters---a few cold Stellas and I was right as rain after driving for 10 hours Sunday.
      We are heading down to the Orlando area later this week. I know when I have gone to Yamaha/Kennesaw and with the airport on the other side of town, its been hit or miss. If it all goes right, should be passing through there are 1pm. Was looking at when we hit Nashville, taking the Birmingham-Montgomery route. Adds 2 hours to the driving time, but I guess it matters how long it takes to get through Atlanta.
      Andrew Munao Jr
      Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
      888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

• erie skipper
        erie skipper commented
        Editing a comment
        You probably know this but going straight through town is best; the bypasses are worse than straight through.

• SIM
        SIM commented
        Editing a comment
        I've done it both ways. I think it depends how I feel and when I come up to that intersection where they all split off and if there are traffic jams either way.

Many of the people who normally go to Sanibel and FMB are apparently crammed into Naples and Marco. It's gonna be a busy season down there.
      Sanibel FL
      2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

Comment

• erie skipper
        erie skipper commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a new apt building just down from us near the Marco airport and I am told many of those people you mention have taken up residence there.

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
      Can't resist, Miami has a 195 leading directly into the city, Ft Lauderdale just 35 mile N has a 595 again leading directly into the city.
      Odd digits are a spur directly in, Even digits are a bypass around, 3 digits together are special highways denoting specific routes.
      All major N, S, E, or W arteries never exceed 2 digits.
      Atlanta has at least 3 major interstates going through or around, I-20 E to W, I-75 N to S, I-85 also N to S.
      285 is the bypass around Atlanta and it is what sucks, I -75 goes straight through the city and trucks not allowing unless making local deliveries.
      I know the Interstate system well due to being a commerce vehicle driver for decades and a few years over the road, OTR.
      These seem to conflict.

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
      Hope this helps you Noelm from down under!

Next lesson is streets and avenues, note!
      Streets typically run E to W,

Avenues typically run N to S.
      There are always exceptions.​
      :
      BWP
      I've found about an even chance any given city will run streets E-W and avenues N-S, or vice versa. Miami and Ocala do the first, Gainesville and Saint Petersburg do the second.

Also, different cities group road labels differently. In Ocala, courts, avenues, and terraces all run N-S, and streets, lanes, and ways run E-W. In Miami, terraces run parallel to streets. You'd think that planners would have standardized, but the engineers invented the GPS, so not needed.

Another handy thing to remember. "Nose", for 'north odd, south even. Less memorable is 'weeo', west even, east odd..This tells which side of the road a given srteet address is on.

Comment

The best laid out town I’ve ever lived in as far as knowing just from the street/avenue address the location is Phoenix.
        Starting in the middle of the city, streets increment as you go east and avenues increment as you go west, both going N/S. Named roads run E/W with Baseline Rd. being the origin of the city layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post
          The best laid out town I’ve ever lived in as far as knowing just from the street/avenue address the location is Phoenix.
          Starting in the middle of the city, streets increment as you go east and avenues increment as you go west, both going N/S. Named roads run E/W with Baseline Rd. being the origin of the city layout.
          I hate cities, but Wash DC is pretty easy to figure out---numbers one way and letters the other.

Comment

Well, how’d ya play?
            Just getting your S FL game on?
            2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
            Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• erie skipper
              erie skipper commented
              Editing a comment
              It was ugly on about 3 holes; otherwise not bad. Small greens and elevated. Got to remember how to play the short executive courses around here--they're about all that's affordable around here.

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha!!
              I live on a course I refuse to join. $40k initiation plus around $700 per month!! Nope, ain’t happening.
              Too many friends that got in when it was minimal and I’ll pay the $140 to play.
              We have many affordable courses that range from $35 -$50
          Working...
          X