My God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My God

Getting ready for bed and on TV pops up a disclaimer, "The following program does not reflect the views of this station." Then on comes the 700 club. A show I can't say I really watch, but I don't see why a disclaimer is needed, are we that afraid of showing wholesome shows?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

They do that with infomercials too. I guess it's paid programming so for some reason networks don't want to held responsible for what is said or shown on them...now if only they would use the same disclaimer for the slanted, biased news that they broadcast

Comment

• Sans Peur
      Sans Peur commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't need a disclaimer when they are the ones making up the news.

If you don't watch it, how can you say it's wholesome?

Comment

Wholesome is one thing.

A guy that says hurricanes are punishment from god because of a countries law or political stance, or that an earthquake was due to a political party's pact with the devil...

I could see a network making a disclaimer about the program.

Comment

• LFBB
        LFBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Really they say that shit, wow!

• Jughed
        Jughed commented
        Editing a comment
        The founder Pat Robertson said some crazy shit in the past.

Hurricane Katrina was sent to the US by god because of our stance on abortion. The devil sent the earthquake to Haiti because they made a deal with him, the devil, to drive out the French slave owners.

So… networks cover their ass, then take his money.

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
      Getting ready for bed and on TV pops up a disclaimer, "The following program does not reflect the views of this station." Then on comes the 700 club. A show I can't say I really watch, but I don't see why a disclaimer is needed, are we that afraid of showing wholesome shows?
      Oh yeah , wholesome , haha . Just another program to bilk the elderly out of their money selling tickets to heaven . Biggest scam ever ! Should be a law against it , preying on old people . "Just send me $100 ,and I'll say a prayer for you ." Total scam.
      And half the infomercials .

Comment

• savedbygrace
        savedbygrace commented
        Editing a comment
        Smitty, I am with you on this in a sense. It’s one thing to give to your local church, your tithes and offerings but there is no where in the Bible that states a prayer shall be answered or healing shall come because you give money. It’s just not the way that God operates. What he does ask of us is that we repent, love him and accept Jesus as our Savior.

• SIM
        SIM commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen!

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
      Oh yeah , wholesome , haha . Just another program to bilk the elderly out of their money selling tickets to heaven . Biggest scam ever ! Should be a law against it , preying on old people . "Just send me $100 ,and I'll say a prayer for you ." Total scam.
      ....and for $100 they should include a Croc Pot and for $200 you get a nice Air Fryer or Instant pot.
      The rewards program goes up from there.

Comment

They’ve been showing that disclaimer for as long as I can remember. I guess it’s all part of “Let’s not offend the snowflakes”.

QUOTE=LFBB;n172620]Getting ready for bed and on TV pops up a disclaimer, "The following program does not reflect the views of this station." Then on comes the 700 club. A show I can't say I really watch, but I don't see why a disclaimer is needed, are we that afraid of showing wholesome shows?[/QUOTE]

From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

• Jughed
          Jughed commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing it's not about snowflakes. It is about some of the prior statements made by that group that the network actually doesn't agree with...

Originally posted by V_Thirteen View Post
        If you don't watch it, how can you say it's wholesome?
        It was late when I posted this last night, I was tired and couldn't think of the right word, so wholesome wasn't what I was looking for.

That said, I don't watch the 700 club but I see a commercial here and there and have caught the first few minutes of it from time to time. I guess I'd refer to it as a vanilla, white bread sort of news show with religious overtones.

Does that help?
        This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
        You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

As I said above I used the wrong term, but I had no idea of the things I'm learning from this thread.

Comment

It was late when I posted this last night, I was tired and couldn't think of the right word, so wholesome wasn't what I was looking for.

That said, I don't watch the 700 club but I see a commercial here and there and have caught the first few minutes of it from time to time. I guess I'd refer to it as a vanilla, white bread sort of news show with religious overtones.

Does that help?
            So then, not wholesome at all! Agree!

I'd go for Holsum, maybe...

Comment

Does that help?
              Religious overtones ? LOL It's purely a scam of a show that politicizes religion . Takes today issues and cast them in a biblical tone , flat out telling the old and the feeble what to think and how to vote . It uses religion as a tool to manipulate the masses .
              Nothing vanilla about it , pure garbage .

Comment

Religious overtones ? LOL It's purely a scam of a show that politicizes religion . Takes today issues and cast them in a biblical tone , flat out telling the old and the feeble what to think and how to vote . It uses religion as a tool to manipulate the masses .
                Nothing vanilla about it , pure garbage .
                Not sure what you don't get about me saying I have never watched the show. I got what I got from sound bites and hearing a minute or two as background noise.

Comment

• jmike
                  jmike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda like this thread

Not sure what you don't get about me saying I have never watched the show. I got what I got from sound bites and hearing a minute or two as background noise.
                Hmmm , so you're saying you got offended by something you really didn't have any idea about ?
                Kinda sounds a little Snowflakey too me ?

Comment

All paid for programs have a disclaimer....fyi

As far as that show...koo koos....to far gone and extreme....

Just My opinion....I have graduated from the seminary too...believe it or not

Comment

• savedbygrace
                    savedbygrace commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Out of curiosity, did you get ordained as a minister? Just curious. As per previous conversations I know you do know a lot about the Bible.

• Lprizman
                    Lprizman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No...not a minister...my parents pulled me out of public school day before high-school was to start...at 8 pm my dad said get in the car...went to this church I'm Providence...sat down in front of a priest....
                    My dad said " this is Lance...his friend was just killed while they're trying to runaway again..we are protestant...he's baptized...we can't fix him...I think you can...how much$$"

Catholic school Our Lady of Providence Preparatory Seminary...

Best thing ever!!

He pulled out a check...wrote it...and 4 years later they broke me...😇😆

I have studied all religions

I know a lot of people who can tell you all about Christianity, who appear to have very little understanding of the Bible. I think watching TV shows by lying televangelists, and attending churches led by lying pastors, is a major cause for this.

Why do the digging, research, and reflection yourself, when a pompous, loudmouthed, personality cultist is available to do the work for you? Why seek God when His self-appointed representative comes on at 3:00? Why ponder the verses that strike you as confusing, when the guy on the TeeVee won't mention them at all?

Praise Jesus, and don't forget to send money!

Comment

• Smitty45
                    Smitty45 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or why use logic when looking at the actions of the Catholic Church through time ?
                    Or look at how the Bible has evolved over time , how the narrative has changed ?
                    Or look at how the Dead Sea scrolls were initially interpreted before the Vatican bought them and had their scholars interpret them ?

I love it when they say -"God so loved the world that he gave his only son!" Really ?
                    God must've not loved his son very much to send him here , if heaven is so wonderful , why send him to this shithole ?

And my favorite , is the song by Dire Straights , Ticket to Heaven , it's making fun of religion , yet it's the number one song played at funerals , LOL

No matter what , I had plenty of discussions with Biblical Scholars , self proclaimed or otherwise , and when presented with the facts , they always end up saying -"Well , you just have to have faith ?" LOL
                    Sorry , but I'm not sorry .

• V_Thirteen
                    V_Thirteen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As an aside, buddy of mine and his psycho bitch GF selected "Every Breath You Take" (Police) as their wedding song. I told him, "You know that song is about a stalker, right?" It proved prophetic, the new wife was exactly that.
                Working...
                X