Car dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car dealers

Lease is up on my wife’s car and I ask her what she wants next……. Her answer: the exact same thing, black on black with seat warmers. Totally practical for South Florida but it’s not my car so whatever.​
    Attempt 1: speak to the dealership and get it all lined up for a swap out. Pricing is agreed on and the spec is right. I turn up and am told there will be a short wait….. 30 minutes later a FILTHY “new” car pulls up and it’s not the right spec. F this! I drive off

Attempt 2: I turn up this morning at the arranged time and I even got email confirmation and verbal confirmation that the car would be clean and ready…..Wrong! New salesperson and he apologizes that the car wasn’t ready but he did get it cleaned so we trundle off to the car park to find said car. He’s holding the key fob above his head and finally a car beeps and I see doors open. The car is clean but it’s also bright red and a different body shape! sales guy tells me the one I wanted must have been sold last night after he left at 7pm….. even though I have multiple email confirmations about picking the car up today.

so I’m now well pissed off as I turned down a drive job today on a 40m yacht to sort this out which is mucho$$$$. I go in and see the manager who’s about as helpful as tits on a bull. Tried to tell me about stock shortages, inflation blah blah blah and I leave one very pissed off Kiwi!

Is it me?

I know what I want. The terms I want and I want it within the next month. I’m a pretty bloody easy customer One would think

I would find another dealer. There has to be another one of the same manufacturer somewhere. Maybe take a captain job somewhere and drive the car back.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO View Post
      Lease is up on my wife’s car and I ask her what she wants next……. Her answer: the exact same thing, black on black with seat warmers. Totally practical for South Florida but it’s not my car so whatever.​
      Attempt 1: speak to the dealership and get it all lined up for a swap out. Pricing is agreed on and the spec is right. I turn up and am told there will be a short wait….. 30 minutes later a FILTHY “new” car pulls up and it’s not the right spec. F this! I drive off

Attempt 2: I turn up this morning at the arranged time and I even got email confirmation and verbal confirmation that the car would be clean and ready…..Wrong! New salesperson and he apologizes that the car wasn’t ready but he did get it cleaned so we trundle off to the car park to find said car. He’s holding the key fob above his head and finally a car beeps and I see doors open. The car is clean but it’s also bright red and a different body shape! sales guy tells me the one I wanted must have been sold last night after he left at 7pm….. even though I have multiple email confirmations about picking the car up today.

so I’m now well pissed off as I turned down a drive job today on a 40m yacht to sort this out which is mucho$$$$. I go in and see the manager who’s about as helpful as tits on a bull. Tried to tell me about stock shortages, inflation blah blah blah and I leave one very pissed off Kiwi!

Is it me?

I know what I want. The terms I want and I want it within the next month. I’m a pretty bloody easy customer One would think
      It ain't you and it ain't supply BS either. Let's face it, you either respect your customer or you don't. You either have the car/truck/SUV in question or you don't, you either agree on a sale or you don't.

If you do on all the above you would have a car right now and would not be pissing on a light pole. This dealer doesn't deserve your business. I'd be talking face to face with the GM and finance manager before walking out.
      This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
      You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Is it me?

I can paint it SHINY Black for you---------.
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• MikeO
          MikeO commented
          Editing a comment
          Pizz off

Dealers will do anything, including lying, to get you on their lot.
        Buying a new car for the wife I printed out their email stating their OTD price. Arrive at the dealer and they tried to add $2k in add-ons. Nitrogen and shit like that. Showed them their email and got loud. Real loud. Loud enough for every customer in the place to hear. Then left.

Comment

Sounds like the classic "bait and switch", they tell you they have the car in stock but don't (probably never did) and try to sell you something else.

Comment

They can't sell a car they don't have. But they will try to sell you a car they do have.

If they aren't being honest, go elsewhere.

Comment

I have a good friend that has been a car salesman for years, every week they advertise a very cheap car (all legitimate) and buyers come in to buy it, but it sells to first customer, the others they sell about 15-20% another car. He started a semi scam himself, he used to sell the cheap advertised car to a friend, then resell it for a profit later. We always joke about car salesmen.....

Comment

• LFBB
                LFBB commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup

Well I had a call from the manager apologizing about what happened and trying to get me back in the door but that isn’t going to happen. Fingers crossed a dealer out west has the right car.

Comment

I absolutely hate buying a car! Its seems there is always some issue.
                Good luck!

Comment

This is a strange car market right now. Car dealers generally have few new cars due to parts shortages. Used vehicles can be stupid expensive, and the same with new vehicles.

Keep your existing vehicle.

Comment

My daughter had to buy a car last week in the Clearwater area, just two days after Ian. She called me Friday morning and said her car took a dump and she needed reliable transportation. She wanted another Toyota, so I told her to call the local dealer, establish a rapport and get over there that day. I knew the inventory would diminish once folks in the damage areas got their insurance checks for their totaled vehicles. I called my Cadillac dealer in Miami, whom we’ve bought several vehicles from, and my salesperson said they were getting calls from the west coast for vehicles and the buying madness had already begun. The dealer sent a shuttle to pick her up, had the car she wanted and didn’t raise the price of the car. She did pay MSRP for a new basic RAV4 and drove off Friday afternoon. They bought her 2012 Corolla with 110K miles, sight unseen, for a fair price and picked it up on Monday. She had a positive experience at Pinellas Toyota.

Comment

• Parker Yacht
                      Parker Yacht commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But, will the Rav4 pull a Freeman?

• SeaCat22
                      SeaCat22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. I’d love to have a Freeman to try.

I had exactly the same experience with my Toyota! Painless, straight up and had all the paperwork waiting for me when I arrived. Zero BS

Comment

Well I had a call from the manager apologizing about what happened and trying to get me back in the door but that isn’t going to happen. Fingers crossed a dealer out west has the right car.
                      I'm petty as [email protected] at times, I'd send the dealer that lost your business a copy of the contract you wind up with and a note, this money should have been your pocket.
                      This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                      You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X