New House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Gunner!

I built my home as a owner builder in1999, it still stands, is paid for and there is very little I would change.

Build it high enough and you'll be fine, keep your excitement, it will make it a more enjoyable process.

Be blessed!

BWP

Comment

We live in a piling home, although our piles are wood.
      Last year I added a cargo lift and it’s turned out to be the handiest thing ever. I looked in to elevators, too, but didn’t have a good spot for one and they were quite expensive.

Comment

• Gnrphil
        Gnrphil commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you get your lift?, I've been looking at https://galaxylifts.com/

• Coastboater
        Coastboater commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s who I used. I got several quotes, some more than double what Galaxy quoted. Took about 2 months for them to build it. I had one custom dimension for the basket. Then, it took about a month for them to have enough installations (3) out this way. Their installation guy was a professional bass fisherman. With me “helping” we had it installed in 5 hours. Very happy with it.

• Coastboater
        Coastboater commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a pm

Congratulations!!
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I love the house , that's what I would build given the chance . Nice

Comment

Congratulations! Your going to have a beautiful view out onto the water!

Comment

Putting in a generator?

Comment

That is going to be a great place. The view is fabulous.
              I designed and built my "Forever Home". It was actually a lot of fun. My wife and i (at the time) were in agreement on most everything we wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnrphil View Post
                Well we sold our house last November and moved in with the in-laws and are now finally building our forever home. It has been my dream and goal for the last 15 or so years, and after a long and painful process of getting plans and permits we're finally moving forward.
                I felt like sharing the journey with you guys if you don't mind.
                Here's what it'll look like
                How deep do those "pilings" go?
                This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

• Gnrphil
                  Gnrphil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't measure but I'll take a guess at 3-4 feet.

• LFBB
                  LFBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, pilings we put in on our old house were 10' deep.

• Coastboater
                  Coastboater commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn’t build the house I’m in, but found the foundation (piling) plan. They documented the houses around me for cracks and such since the pilings were to be driven in. Anyway, they used 55’ long, 16” diameter, driven to 45’ down, 10’ up. The house has been through 3 hurricanes since I’ve lived here and there’s nary a crack in any crown molding in any room.

Very nice

Comment

Congrats, very nice
                  Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Working...
                  X