How tough are things in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing is right, there's a place kind of close to me that bottles what amounts to tap water, but the company calls itself "mountain spring water co" their bottle label says Mountain spring water, so in fact, they are not telling lies, they sell pallet loads of the stuff.

Comment

In my truck driving days,I would often pick up bottled water as a backhaul.
      Water would be palleted to the ceiling, and I'd have to verify the labeling to be sure I got the right load.
      Same water would be labeled as walmart and then hilton hotels.

Comment

I like flavored carbonated water just fine; so long as it includes hops and barley and such

Comment

I was in St Tropez many years ago and the boat next to us was filling the hot tub with Evian!

Comment

• bluewaterposer
            bluewaterposer commented
            Editing a comment
            Ouch 😳

• LFBB
            LFBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Show off's!

• jmike
            jmike commented
            Editing a comment
            What! No Dom and caviar?

Big fan of AHA sparkling water. Just like how it tastes. They have it with a little caffeine, which is just enough since I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago.

We used to have FUJI water at work for the team, but it got stupid expensive so we switched to Kirkland brand.
          Andrew Munao Jr
          Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
          888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

I do keep bottle water in the fridge at work. The plain cheap stuff. I don't like town water (chlorinated). At home, it's faucet, spigot or water hose.
            Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

One issue with bottled water is that the quality is highly variable and there are no guarantees that it is not contaminated. Some people drink bottled water to avoid the fluoride and chloramine added to many public water systems. The problem is some bottled water is just tap water in a container. Some spring water isn’t from a spring. Some purified water is not truly purified.

I have a conductivity meter and REDOX meter which I use to measure the quality of water and the amount of dissolved solids in aquariums and ponds I maintain. I also will test bottled water to see how consistent the quality it. I have found that I will get inconsistent readings with certain brands which speaks to quality control.

There was a company who was distributing alkaline water under their private label and they were so inconsistent in measuring the carbonates and additives that some water went out with toxic levels. After multiple people were sickened the health department traced the illnesses to this specific brand of alkaline water and production was shut down and the products recalled. The company was then litigated into oblivion.

Do I drink bottled water? Yes, when on the boat especially. Do I worry about the quality? Yes, more than most people.
              2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Somewhere in the late 80's early 90's, when I was still doing the engineer thing, we had a guy hire us to do all the testing, permitting, etc with the state for bottling "spring" water. I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard of. Who would pay for water in a bottle when it comes right out of your tap.

I REALLY wish I had invested. Who knew it would become a 100's of billion dollar industry.

btw: His "spring" source was a tap in to one of the municipal water systems that he ran thru a little packaged reverse osmosis filter. Wasn't in business too many years before he had to change his labeling.
                Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by blaster View Post
                  One issue with bottled water is that the quality is highly variable and there are no guarantees that it is not contaminated. Some people drink bottled water to avoid the fluoride and chloramine added to many public water systems. The problem is some bottled water is just tap water in a container. Some spring water isn’t from a spring. Some purified water is not truly purified.

I have a conductivity meter and REDOX meter which I use to measure the quality of water and the amount of dissolved solids in aquariums and ponds I maintain. I also will test bottled water to see how consistent the quality it. I have found that I will get inconsistent readings with certain brands which speaks to quality control.

There was a company who was distributing alkaline water under their private label and they were so inconsistent in measuring the carbonates and additives that some water went out with toxic levels. After multiple people were sickened the health department traced the illnesses to this specific brand of alkaline water and production was shut down and the products recalled. The company was then litigated into oblivion.

Do I drink bottled water? Yes, when on the boat especially. Do I worry about the quality? Yes, more than most people.
                  Well come on man, name some names.
                  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                  You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

I run through the large 5 gallon water jugs in my Otlando office so quickly we literally keep 20 of them in the hallway and get a new delivery every 2 weeks.
                  We have a well for water and across the street is the Kinder Morgan Central Fl Pipeline. There are probably 20 of those 100,000 gallon tanks over there. Gas trucks come and go 24 hours a day. They have spilled so much petroleum that my well and property is completely contaminated. Before the state EPA got involved we could put water in a Styrofoam cup and it would only take about 10 minutes before water was seeping out of the sides. The petroleum would eat its way through the cup. Every morning you could go to the toilets and use a stick to lift up a layer of some sort of plastic/jelly substance that covered the surface of the water. The state made me put signs above every sink warning not to drunk the water and after washing your hands you weren't supposed to touch your mouth of face for 5 minutes.
                  Bottled water? Doesn't bother me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
                    I run through the large 5 gallon water jugs in my Otlando office so quickly we literally keep 20 of them in the hallway and get a new delivery every 2 weeks.
                    We have a well for water and across the street is the Kinder Morgan Central Fl Pipeline. There are probably 20 of those 100,000 gallon tanks over there. Gas trucks come and go 24 hours a day. They have spilled so much petroleum that my well and property is completely contaminated. Before the state EPA got involved we could put water in a Styrofoam cup and it would only take about 10 minutes before water was seeping out of the sides. The petroleum would eat its way through the cup. Every morning you could go to the toilets and use a stick to lift up a layer of some sort of plastic/jelly substance that covered the surface of the water. The state made me put signs above every sink warning not to drunk the water and after washing your hands you weren't supposed to touch your mouth of face for 5 minutes.
                    Bottled water? Doesn't bother me!
                    I fill my pool with bottled water

Comment

I try to avoid putting harmful crap in my body. It's an effort. I minimize bottled water because of the plastic byproducts (bisphenol A and phthalates) that leach into the water from the soft plastic bottles. Both are endocrine disruptors that remain in your body for a long time.

At home, we have a whole house carbon filter to remove chloramines, and an R-O system to clean crap from the drinking water. My main concern was fluoride, which is shown to give you brain fog, and to lower the IQ of developing children. The fact that water systems add that crap to our water is one more data point in my model of how the world works.

If I'm on the road, I'll load a few bottles (nalgene, glass, or stainless) and take some clean water along.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
                        I could never understand bubbly water, it's water with fizz, no?

Can't you buy a carbonation machine and carbonate it at home?
                        Me neither.

But I remember while in Europe some years back
                        whenever we went out to eat (which was every meal)
                        We'd ask for water.

They would always ask "Gas or no gas?"

SO apparently bubbly water is a thing🤷‍♂️

Comment

This looks cheap.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_091402.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	171637
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1
                          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Just went to the website, about 43 to 60. bucks a case or 12 pack. Sam's club, 28 20 oz. for 4.95. Used to be 3.95. The wife drinks it, I prefer tap water, in a glass, with ice made from the same water.
                            She does refill her bottle a few times with tap water before she gets rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X