Metatarsophalangeal Joint Synovitis , anybody ever have it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metatarsophalangeal Joint Synovitis , anybody ever have it ?

So I've had this pain in my foot and I didn't really think much of it , been walking more trying to get ready to go out west .
    But it kept getting worse to the point making it hard to walk . Dr today said it looked like Morton's Neuroma and sent me to a Podiatrist . But , googling it , my symptoms resemble MJS to me . Either way it's a bad time to have a bum foot , I hope it's fixable and fast .

Never heard of that one. Any idea what the treatment is?
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Smitty45
      Smitty45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just what I read online , steroids' or surgery , maybe manipulation . Nothing solid .

I think I had that at a Chinese restaurant once..........sorry, just had to say it! Never had it, but know what it is.

Comment

Amputation

Comment

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well , then I can rock the pirate costume on Halloween , LOL

Just lay down, cause your dead.
      This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
      You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll just keep limping along , but thanks for the prognosis .

I'll check with my OT & PT daughters and see if they know anything about it.
      Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you .

Did you go to the podiatrist?

You better get your butt in shape. How long till you leave, 2 - 3 weeks?
      Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes , four weeks . If it don't get worse it's bearable , and it's better in my boots . Flip flops or barefoot it feels like walking on a marble on the ball of my foot . For a old guy , I'm in pretty good shape .

• Smitty45
        Smitty45 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully I get in to the podiatrist next week , I explained the rush , we will see .

Sometimes pain takes months to resolve, sometimes weeks, sometimes you live with it.
      2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

I had metaphysical joint synapsis once. I saw the Beatles get back together again. It was groovy.

Comment

• Smitty45
          Smitty45 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds like transcendental ascension by Tetrahydrocannabinol . Far out man !

• V_Thirteen
          V_Thirteen commented
          Editing a comment
          Breakfast of champions!

• Ol Mucky
          Ol Mucky commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol

From my oldest, the PT. She’s in to lots of foot stuff since she is a ultra-marathon runner and does lotsa therapy stuff for other runners.

“Hard to say exactly what it is without having more detail but I would consider going to a PT. A lot can be gained by making sure he has shoes/ boots with a wide enough toe box and strengthening the deep muscles of the foot can go along way. First order of business is to make sure his boots aren’t too tight. If he stands on the liner of the shoe and his foot overhangs then it’s too narrow. Massaging the tissues between the long bones of the feet can help w the Morton’s neuroma and I would start w some toe yoga. Keep in mind that if any of that is painful than hold as I have not assessed him. If lifting to big toe hurts ( not sure which toe it is… than he can focus on big toe down and little toes up and the other 2 exercises)”

I need to get on my computer to post the link she sent me for “toe yoga”. I kid you not. But PIA I can’t figure out on my phone.

Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Smitty45
          Smitty45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you ! It actually feels better today than t has in weeks . The nurse practitioner massaged it inbetween the toes , pushing her thumb up into it . Not sure if it was that or it's just getting better , but I will check out what you send me . And have the wife massage it . I need to get to walking more.

Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Smitty45
          Smitty45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow , she makes it look easy . Thank you .

This place is helpful for any advice!

BWP

Comment

Shit , can't get in to the podiatrist till Oct 5th , now what ?

Comment

Working...
          X