Truth about Dealers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaCat22 View Post
    I have a great mechanic who has a small shop. He specializes in sports and exotic cars. BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. His guys are very careful with trim pieces, panels and such. He is very honest, fair, charges percent of hours and his rate is cheap. He works on our M Coupe and I even get my tires from him.
    I’m curious about your experience with BMW. I’ve never owned one, but have an itch…
    I’ve owned 3 Porsche’s so am aware of $200 oil changes and brake bleeds, but other than tires and normal maintenance all 3 were trouble free.
    From my research, they’re leased a lot and turned in after the factory warranty expired, and take a big hit in value after warranty expiration, so I’m looking at 4+ year old vehicles.
    Last edited by Coastboater; 08-04-2022, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Ol Mucky
      Ol Mucky commented
      Editing a comment
      I know 3 people who had/have them.
      All 3 were/are in the shop regularly.
      2 got rid of them and said never again
      The third lady keeps hers cause she likes the looks of it.

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post

I’m curious about your experience with BMW. I’ve never owned one, but have an itch…
    I’ve owned 3 Porsche’s so am aware of $200 oil changes and brake bleeds, but other than tires and normal maintenance all 3 were trouble free.
    From my research, theyreleased a lot and turned in after the factory warranty expired, and take a big hit in value after warranty expiration, so I’m looking at 4+ year old vehicles.
    It is a 2002 M Coupe. It was a limited production project the engineers did based on the Z3 convertible. They put an M engine, the hard top and other goodies in it. They call it the Clown Shoe. It is kind of a collector car, otherwise I would not own a BMW out of warranty. It is a toy my youngest son bought from his uncle very cheap. It has hail dimples so my brother-in-law didn’t want it anymore. The dash gauges have their electronic quirks, but otherwise, trouble free. It is a bullet and handles like it’s on rails. Fun car to zip around in.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A12C6298-4A20-4549-8F87-CDF7645E0D82.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	167387 Click image for larger version  Name:	8B99F5E4-8BF8-444B-8A6F-96FA9D8D0384.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	167388

Comment

• Coastboater
      Coastboater commented
      Editing a comment
      Clown shoe…that’s an apt nickname! Cool car, though👍
      Thanks for the feedback. I have a friend that’s an aficionado and he sheepishly admits he just takes them to the dealer and accepts the punishment.

We had a plain 325 for years. I told people that underneath all the stoopid electronics was a great cat screaming to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post

From my research, theyreleased a lot and turned in after the factory warranty expired, and take a big hit in value after warranty expiration, so I’m looking at 4+ year old vehicles.
      My wife and I just played this game with a Mercedes. We were looking for AWD vehicles and hopefully diesel, though we figured that would be difficult to find. The Merc had everything we wanted plus some and was less than half of the new MSRP and had only 20k on it. The downside was the service cost. I bought software and a service manual online and have yet to do anything to it past fluid, lube, and filter changes. It has been flawless.
      Barefoot Boats
      [email protected]
      (386)256-6977

Comment

Working...
      X