TOS, as mentioned by a (pretty) famous Naval Artichoke. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

I expected a boater would have commented on this web publication but that didn't happen . I do have a boat and some vintage boat motors and have done some boating , I wouldn't consider my self a boater though. I'd probably be disappointed if I was a boater and commented on the web publication and no one else did.

I'm not surprised that non-boaters post at TOS because they have the numbers and are more lenient than a lot of non-boating sites.
    Methinks you didn't understand my comment.
    Barefoot Boats
    [email protected]
    (386)256-6977

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post

Methinks you didn't understand my comment.
      Your post- " I don't expect non-boaters to be commenting on boating sites and web publications, but that happens too. "
      In my response- " I'm not surprised that non-boaters post at TOS because they have the numbers and are more lenient than a lot of non-boating sites. "

I hope I did .

Comment

Damn and another one is about to get closed.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_23_a88aec1e0c0161bd1544a85fec5fc10923d8e234_d57de8c4d733393d6a9b212926026dc092d32b28.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	163805

All this time I have been on here and never a fight or closed thread. Suddenly we get a few members and all hell breaks loose. Every comment is dissected and parsed up to be made into something else.
        Wait? Am I back on TOS?

Comment

Notice who commented on the article?? LOL..
          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

Notice who commented on the article?? LOL..
            That was my thought when I read the thing. The dude's whole motive is to needle boaters. What a troll.
            Barefoot Boats
            [email protected]
            (386)256-6977

Comment

That was my thought when I read the thing. The dude's whole motive is to needle boaters. What a troll.
              ^^^^^^^^A poster posting on an off-topic thread making an accusation and name-calling . Turning a good thread by his fellow boater negative . Highlighting his problems while seeming to be what he is accusing someone of.

Comment

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	54
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	163833

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

^^^^^^^^A poster posting on an off-topic thread making an accusation and name-calling . Turning a good thread by his fellow boater negative . Highlighting his problems while seeming to be what he is accusing someone of.
                  My dude, you have 5x the posts I do. Within those, you have incredibly few related to boats; you have even fewer that are technically helpful in nature. On the other hand, I have just a handful of non-boating related posts. Care to guess what my interest in this site entails? I find value in there being curated boat information. I like begin a contributing member of that community. Every other boating site is rampant with poor advice or misinformation about how to install items or perform maintenance tasks.

You have a history on TOS, here, and I suspect elsewhere (including detecting forums), of deliberately getting people riled up. You posting a completely unrelatable comment on a yachting design blog belonging to an industry veteran illustrates your intentions quite well. Your comment then was a poorly veiled attempt to agitate your rivals on TOS. It's similar to your soapbox posts you make here.

I try very hard to ignore presence here as I believe it dilutes the value of this forum. Today, I was not successful. If there was an "ignore member" feature, I would use it.
                  Barefoot Boats
                  [email protected]
                  (386)256-6977

Comment

My dude, you have 5x the posts I do. Within those, you have incredibly few related to boats; you have even fewer that are technically helpful in nature. On the other hand, I have just a handful of non-boating related posts. Care to guess what my interest in this site entails? I find value in there being curated boat information. I like begin a contributing member of that community. Every other boating site is rampant with poor advice or misinformation about how to install items or perform maintenance tasks.

You have a history on TOS, here, and I suspect elsewhere (including detecting forums), of deliberately getting people riled up. You posting a completely unrelatable comment on a yachting design blog belonging to an industry veteran illustrates your intentions quite well. Your comment then was a poorly veiled attempt to agitate your rivals on TOS. It's similar to your soapbox posts you make here.

I try very hard to ignore presence here as I believe it dilutes the value of this forum. Today, I was not successful. If there was an "ignore member" feature, I would use it.
                    You wouldn't happen to metal detect would you ? I've seen similar comments on those forums .
                    I would suggest you get some boating encyclopedias . They do not have an off-topic section as there is here. You would then for sure be able to be successful in ignoring any content you don't like.
                    You can be a contributing member here ,as you said you like to do, by participating in off-topic with a different attitude. You can up that post count by doing so also, unlike at TOS where they don't count. The reason for that is they are seen as an important factor here but should not contain the negativity you bring. PEACE

Comment

• fijon
                      fijon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it takes 2 tah tanga.
                      Why are you suggesting he get boating encyclopedias?
                      You are not content. You choose your words and type.
                      What is wrong with his attitude? How does he bring negativity?

There is one common denominator.
                    And this is not a debate or a discussion. It's passive aggressive.
                    I see a pattern happening and dejavu from a couple of years ago if this persist.
                    Final and last discussion on the subject.

Comment

I don't get the big deal, BOB is a boating website about boats, amazing!

We all have other interests besides boating all though in my opinion they aren't as important .

I admit to bed pretty inocoulos, or just seeing the best in others, yet I can be cynical !

All on BOB, post more about boating and ignore off topic things as you see fit, my 2 cents!

His bless all

BWP

Comment

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	163913 Yuk

Comment

I am still wondering what a naval artichoke is... Charlie
                          Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

• jmike
                            jmike commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That would be architect but, as a rule, most of the one's I've worked with over years in the construction industry have the IQ of an artichoke.
                            Mr. Peters is the exception to the rule and a brilliant navel architect.

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	163913 Yuk
                          He posted his questions after the warning from the mod and on that subject I think we should respect that .

Comment

Originally posted by Mako runner View Post
                            I am still wondering what a naval artichoke is... Charlie

It's one of these . I wish I could be more specific but it's in there.

Comment

Working...
                            X