TOS, as mentioned by a (pretty) famous Naval Artichoke. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOS, as mentioned by a (pretty) famous Naval Artichoke. .

https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/b...board-warriors
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

From the link- " In today’s more civilized times, I don’t expect boaters to be so mean, but it only takes logging onto a forum like “The Hull Truth” to find some really nasty people. "

Same can be said for here, but much more prevalent there.

Comment

Join the discussion… LOG IN WITH

OR SIGN UP WITH DISQUS
      Barefoot Boats
      [email protected]
      (386)256-6977

Comment

I don't expect non-boaters to be commenting on boating sites and web publications, but that happens too.
        Barefoot Boats
        [email protected]
        (386)256-6977

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

From the link- " In today’s more civilized times, I don’t expect boaters to be so mean, but it only takes logging onto a forum like “The Hull Truth” to find some really nasty people. "

Last paragraph, I don't see that!

BWP

Comment

The author has a point.

"I am sure the founders of the site did not foresee it as a place for people to hide anonymously behind their user names, bashing boatbuilders, designers, and fellow boaters at will. These blogs have taken on a ridiculous “Ford versus Chevy” slant, pitting loyal owners of one boat brand against another. Hey, guys, it’s boats we are talking about here. Where did all this hostility come from?"

I can't count how many times THT told me that I would die going out on my buddies POS Trophy... (which is now 22 years old and holding up just fine).. Had to pay 5x and buy a Grady to be in the cool club... that is, until the transoms started falling off of them...

Forums have people thinking they need, and fighting about, all sorts of unnecessary overpriced stuff to go boating and catch fish. Bring a few thousand people together and get them fighting about coolers, fillet knives & a few degree of deadrise...

Comment

I'm not saying nuttin !

Comment

I always look at the nasty people to see what boat the have or had. Most of the time they don't have a boat and never post much helpful info about boats, which leads me to think they never had one. They are just there for the sparring match and to cause trouble.

Once I identify them, I never look at their posts or responses. I try to not engage.

Comment

In The Beginning...... (TOS was a totally different world that morphed from the Florida Sportsmans Forums where a lot of good friends were made and still exists) But I digress......Mr. Peters is well regarded and highly sought out for his fluid dynamics knowledge and hull shape modeling. I was fortunate to meet him and work on the new Bertram 61 project in some design meetings and later as project manager for hull Blogs The thought of him "stooping" to that level is a non-starter. I really enjoy his monthly column alongside the rational writings of Michael Rybovich which often appear in Yachting Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
                    I'm not saying nuttin !
                    If I were to know something, I would not even tell myself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	e1111727cb1c990554766149526c6dba.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	163625

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
                      I'm not saying nuttin !

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post

BWP
                        PM with some data sent to you this morning.

Comment

• bluewaterposer
                          bluewaterposer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Saw it didn't get it, I'm not that bright, but, that's why I like boats so much!

1 comment

• #12.1
                          bluewaterposer commented
                          Today, 08:20 PM
                          Saw it didn't get it, I'm not that bright, but, that's why I like boats so much!
                        I posted the following-

You posted-
                        I posted-
                        PM with some data sent to you this morning.

The data I sent you shows data in regards to what we are talking about here from the OP of this thread - From the link- " In today’s more civilized times, I don’t expect boaters to be so mean, but it only takes logging onto a forum like “The Hull Truth” to find some really nasty people. "

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post

Join the discussion… LOG IN WITH

OR SIGN UP WITH DISQUS
                          Has that been 5 years ? Wow . That certainly has held true for me. Being known as a detectorist allowed me to help numerous people out, and probably more importantly, lead them to where they should best be able to find answers to their questions. As well as communicating with others that are interested and/or also detect. THT provided the opportunity for me to do something that would have been much more difficult to do to that degree on a detecting forum. I don't think I had/have a negative effect there or did/do any damage .

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post
                            I don't expect non-boaters to be commenting on boating sites and web publications, but that happens too.
                            I expected a boater would have commented on this web publication but that didn't happen . I do have a boat and some vintage boat motors and have done some boating , I wouldn't consider my self a boater though. I'd probably be disappointed if I was a boater and commented on the web publication and no one else did.

I'm not surprised that non-boaters post at TOS because they have the numbers and are more lenient than a lot of non-boating sites.

Comment

Working...
                            X