Haulover Plane Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulover Plane Crash

Anybody else watch the footage from BoatZone of the plane crash? They had it up pretty quickly.

https://youtu.be/bl9pVf7NxgM

Watching it I knew there was someone still in the burning plane just by how a couple of the people were acting and still trying to get in the plane. Also watching the guy start spraying his fire extinguisher 20' from the fire and doing absolutely nothing but waste it was a little frustrating. Not saying it would have actually done anything but damn, get a clue.

Plus the bystanders kept picking up one of the injured guys and unnecessarily trying to move him. How much more damage did that cause to him? He was airlifted out.

Twrrible
    hopefully the one that died, died on impact or was unconscious when the plane burned.

Comment

Awful.. What a tragic thing..
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Tried to land on the bridge and hit the minivan?

Comment

Stoopid place to land IMO.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Was also watching this. Boat Zone got the million dollar drone footage. The guy with the fire extinguisher got excited and sprayed way to early. As far as moving the injured I gotta think there was a fear of an explosion and they wanted to get away from the source.

What annoys me the most is the peanut gallery just standing there recording it.

I want to think if I witnessed a tragedy I’d help rather than freeze and be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bstnsportsfan View Post
              Was also watching this. Boat Zone got the million dollar drone footage. The guy with the fire extinguisher got excited and sprayed way to early. As far as moving the injured I gotta think there was a fear of an explosion and they wanted to get away from the source.

What annoys me the most is the peanut gallery just standing there recording it.

I want to think if I witnessed a tragedy I’d help rather than freeze and be useless.
              A fairly common issue, but there are treatments.🤣

I didn't watch the video, but heard there was a cop who kept trying to get someone to stop helping. The guy apparently told the cop to f off, and kept up his rescue efforts.

Comment

Tragic, guy w fire extinguisher…..he had it….just didn’t know how to use it. Uggh….so unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                  Stoopid place to live IMO.
                  fify

Comment

I had to stop watching. Only one person with a fire extinguisher? I keep three in my truck. Much like guns, there are never enough when you really need them. Easy to pick on the guy but I would have approached up wind and sprayed the base of the flames with a sweeping motion. That’s what the directions say.
                    2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Working...
                    X