Kelly Slater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Slater

Seems like he was supposed to be attending a surfing event here at Easter, but it's held in a state where visitors must be double vaxed, he can get into the country, but not that state, he has said he "was" an anti vaxxer, but will get double vaccinated before coming here, let's hope he learned from Novak..the Joker.

Damn That sucks I highly doubt Kelly will get vaccinated just to surf an event in OZ. I still don't get why being vaccinated for C19 is so important.

Comment

• Fandarr
      Fandarr commented
      Editing a comment
      It is certainly proving to not do much. Here in NJ where I live hospitalizations are almost an even split. 47% are fully vaccinated while 53% are not vaccinated.

• noelm
      noelm commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I guess laws are laws, right or wrong, I think he will do what he can to get to the event.

If the GOAT is looking for his 12th title then he has to surf OZ, maybe he'll take the jab...or not and just say F--k it I'm done.

It is amazing he's 49 and still competing and winning titles.

Comment

• Lprizman
      Lprizman commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed.....I hope he stays true to his convictions

• noelm
      noelm commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep agree, he is still going great at that age, most professional sports people are washed up long before late 40s

The latest is he will get vaccinated, the contest "Bells Beach" is a major event and he has been here many times, I have seen him surf there, unfortunately it's in the state of Victoria that has a double vax rule, or stay out, right or wrong, I guess it's their call, I think they are the only state requiring it, except Western Australia who has their border closed to visitors....still! The rest of the country is pretty much open with masks required in doctors and hospitals and businesses that made their own decision that masks are to be worn. Funny thing is, I have some Victorian friends coming to stay next month, they can visit my state no problems, but require proof of double vaccination to get back home, how strange is that?

Comment

I still say no way he gets vaccinated. He is way too into his health to risk getting sick from the genetic therapies. He can try the route of the tennis player. Medical exemption.

Comment

The issue as I see it (and this is only my interpretation) getting into the country is easy, but the event is held in Victoria (a southern state, the same one the tennis was in) and to enter, you need proof of double vax, no exceptions, it's been reported that seeing as the event is not until Easter Kelly said he has plenty of time to comply, whether he does or not, I don't know, I can see your point, and his, time will tell.

Comment

Working...
        X