Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	149997
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

WOW!!! They always say to just follow the money!!!!
    95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
    Seaford, De
    Curtis

Comment

• Ol Mucky
      Ol Mucky commented
      Editing a comment
      They don’t actually go into .gov to make a difference

If true, it's just another case of quid pro quo

Comment

I have no idea whether that is true or not, but it has validity. The "commissions" we all see (insurance commissions, public utilities commissions, etc..) are all members of the "field" of expertise. These commissions are made up of the executives of the various industries they oversee. Nothing new there. On one hand, it seems illogical.. Why would you have people with obvious bias and ulterior motives be on these commissions? On the other hand, it only makes sense to have people on the commission that have an acute awareness and oversight capabilities to enact change, if needed.
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Move along, folks, nothing to see here. All just a coincidence. /sarc

Comment

If one of your biggest customers is Fed or State gov's, it would make sense to hire some retired "inside" guys. It looks suspect, but is it?

If it was the other way around, (retired private sector drug company "higher ups" moving to the FDA) that might be a higher conflict of interest.
          Andrew Munao Jr
          Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
          888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
            If one of your biggest customers is Fed or State gov's, it would make sense to hire some retired "inside" guys. It looks suspect, but is it?

If it was the other way around, (retired private sector drug company "higher ups" moving to the FDA) that might be a higher conflict of interest.
            Or, if you reach out to them while they're still working for the government and offer them a sweet deal after they "retire" from public service...nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Or, if you reach out to them while they're still working for the government and offer them a sweet deal after they "retire" from public service...nudge, nudge, wink, wink
              True!
              Andrew Munao Jr
              Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
              888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post
                I have no idea whether that is true or not, but it has validity. The "commissions" we all see (insurance commissions, public utilities commissions, etc..) are all members of the "field" of expertise. These commissions are made up of the executives of the various industries they oversee. Nothing new there. On one hand, it seems illogical.. Why would you have people with obvious bias and ulterior motives be on these commissions? On the other hand, it only makes sense to have people on the commission that have an acute awareness and oversight capabilities to enact change, if needed.
                Yup, you may know Dr Hahn came from MDA. He actually wrote my daughter's recommendation. I have met him personally, broken bread, and he's a brilliant yet humble man, a scientist, a giver for sure. So where would the cynics suggest they go work that does not have some connection to their chosen field of expertise, basket weaving? Intel once hired me away from their customer, my employer, so yes, in fact, I did follow the money, must be criminal lol (I was leaving anyway). You guys crack me up with some of this, but SMDH, someone just dreams up a twisted narrative the same way as the folks we so despise.

Sanibel FL
                Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post
                  Yup, you may know Dr Hahn came from MDA. He actually wrote my daughter's recommendation. I have met him personally, broken bread, and he's a brilliant yet humble man, a scientist, a giver for sure. So where would the cynics suggest they go work that does not have some connection to their chosen field of expertise, basket weaving? Intel once hired me away from their customer, my employer, so yes, in fact, I did follow the money, must be criminal lol (I was leaving anyway). You guys crack me up with some of this, but SMDH, someone just dreams up a twisted narrative the same way as the folks we so despise.
                  100% dead on right..
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• DaleH
                    DaleH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ditto! NOTHING to see here folks, as EVERY profession does it! At least those associated with Federal Agencies.

Fauci is the one who should be tried and hung for sedition!

We are and have been totally duped with this virus. Faucci said in a pharmaceutical conference about a year before we knew what covid-19 was that there would be a major pandemic happening in the current administration, which was Trump at that time. Yet many Americans are still sold on everything they hear, hook, line, and sinker!

Comment

Pretty much knew ll this after listening to the Joe Rogan podcast. I highly recommend listening to his podcast with the John Abramson . Its disgusting what theses drug companies get away with by just paying fines.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
                      We are and have been totally duped with this virus. Faucci said in a pharmaceutical conference about a year before we knew what covid-19 was that there would be a major pandemic happening in the current administration, which was Trump at that time. Yet many Americans are still sold on everything they hear, hook, line, and sinker!
                      I don't think duped is the right word. Was this virus created in a lab and released? Yes. Was it accidental or purposeful? No way to know right now. Fear drives people to do crazy things sometimes. What has happened in this country, we allowed a virus to drive a wedge between people. How? By some crying for draconian lockdowns and destroying peoples way of life. The other extreme is, I don't care about anyone or anything outside my own bubble. This goes further than this virus, too.

To some, they got Covid and had a very mild case. Some of those people developed survivors bias.. While some developed what's called the Dunning-Kruger effect. Others got sick and it was not so mild. Others, it killed and is still killing. Some people are into conspiracies. Others just want this to go away. Being a guy with leukemia, this is a very serious virus, with a mortality rate of nearly 50% for people like me. Add in any comorbidities, and it is much higher.

So, not sure what those "Many American's" got sold on, hook, line and sinker. This virus is as real as cancer is to those of us who are unfortunate to have it. Maybe if EVERYONE was more willing to understand where the other is and why they are there, this would be a much better situation.
                      Last edited by KMac; 01-20-2022, 06:34 AM.
                      Mobile, Al.
                      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I’ve always asked, “how does a $175k a year Congressman or woman parley that into a $200M fortune?”

Not to mention all the ones who stay a few terms, then get on the board of every lobbying group out there for low-low salary of only $500-1M a year per seat.
                        And let’s not forget all the stock info and land development investments that they partner in on while it’s still swampland or cow pastures.
                        Invest a million and your ROI turns out 10-20 times and you keep rolling it to avoid paying gains.
                        Next thing ya know is your worth $100M and all the tax loopholes have been implemented to protect your ill-gotten gains.

That my friends is also the other world I have experienced with venture capital slicky boys.
                        2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
                        Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                          I’ve always asked, “how does a $175k a year Congressman or woman parley that into a $200M fortune?”

Not to mention all the ones who stay a few terms, then get on the board of every lobbying group out there for low-low salary of only $500-1M a year per seat.
                          And let’s not forget all the stock info and land development investments that they partner in on while it’s still swampland or cow pastures.
                          Invest a million and your ROI turns out 10-20 times and you keep rolling it to avoid paying gains.
                          Next thing ya know is your worth $100M and all the tax loopholes have been implemented to protect your ill-gotten gains.

That my friends is also the other world I have experienced with venture capital slicky boys.
                          Have asked that very same question, many times over. However, the simple truth is, people just don't care, or better yet, they don't want to know. Look at Bernie Sanders. The guy has NEVER had a job.. Never. And look at him. Multimillionaire who rails against millionaires and the evil of money. LOL.. His "followers" ignore that he is as dirty as the rest of them.

The government is a cesspool of corruption. They don't call it the "swamp" for nothing.
                          Mobile, Al.
                          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Working...
                          X