R.I.P Mike Carrigan SR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh, didn’t know he was sick.
    He didn’t return my last email and figured he was out on road doing the 18 Wheeler thing.
    He loved talking to Valla at boat shows and was quite the gentleman to her.
    I’ll reach out to Mike Collins and see what’s up
    Rest in Peace Big Mike
    2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Sad that he didn't ever come back and participate. I loved his boat business stories. Anyone know what happened? Condolences and prayers to his family. I assume he was married? His wife has had a couple of hard years with losing a son and now a husband.

Agree with Kemper......our time here is short compared to eternity.
      Andrew Munao Jr
      Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
      888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
        Met Mike on TOS when I had questions about my new to me Proline. Took time out of his busy schedule to help a complete stranger with (I admit) far too many questions! He was a huge help and even though we didn’t see eye to eye on politics I always respected him!

They say every time someone passes....a library burns! This is certainly true in his case! A vast wealth of knowledge is now gone but not forgotten!!

May he Rest In Peace! Prayers going out to his family!
        "They say every time someone passes....a library burns!" Interesting comment, i'll remember that.

Of course, some of those libraries are coloring books and pulp fiction.

I never interacted with Mike C, but somehow I never came across a bad side online. He was a wealth of knowledge. RIP

Comment

I always loved hearing his stories of the early days of the boating industry. He sometimes came across very strong but he was a red blooded American. His extensive knowledge will be missed.
          2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

RIP He will surely be missed. Prayers for the families comfort and peace
            Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
              Sad that he didn't ever come back and participate. I loved his boat business stories. Anyone know what happened? Condolences and prayers to his family. I assume he was married? His wife has had a couple of hard years with losing a son and now a husband.

Agree with Kemper......our time here is short compared to eternity.
              Andy, I reached out this morning to Mike Collins who is/was (just retired) national sales manager for Contender.
              He and Carrigan had a long history in the business, worked together on & off, and Carrigan referred to him often in his posts.

According to Collins, Mike had been diagnosed with C and had been treated at a renowned cancer center in Tampa named Moffitt. Incidentally, my SIL’s dad had a bone marrow transplant there about two years ago and goes back monthly.
              Collins mentioned he had suffered a lot but was peaceful in death.
              Type of cancer wasn’t mentioned and I did not ask.

Mike hadn’t replied to my last couple emails so figured he was just busy OTR.
              As we all know, Mike was also a very private person in many regards.

I'm so happy that he got to do the BWP trucking thing for a while because it was always something he wanted to try.
              Man lived a full life and we were fortunate to have him here for a while.
              2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
              Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• bluewaterposer
                bluewaterposer commented
                Editing a comment
                It was so cool to talk with him regarding something he knew very little about, he knew more about boating than I do with commercial driving!. It was cool his reaching out to me, I was secretly in awe of his boating knowledge, he was very humble picking my mind about what little I knew.

• SIM
                SIM commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the update TT. Does anyone know if he was married? To soon for funeral plans?

• Bstnsportsfan
                Bstnsportsfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I remember him mentioned “other” Mike. Andy, I do believe has a wife of many years. And a couple kids.

And gone with him, decades of boating knowledge and stories. May Mike RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish'nfool View Post
                And gone with him, decades of boating knowledge and stories. May Mike RIP
                Yes, times two (2).
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

To bad he can't read the thread on TOS, he would be impressed.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                    To bad he can't read the thread on TOS, he would be impressed.
                    I would hope so. He got many accolades when he was with us, maybe its just me, but it never seen to matter to him. He was a great story teller. Do you know if he was married?
                    Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

I would hope so. He got many accolades when he was with us, maybe its just me, but it never seen to matter to him. He was a great story teller. Do you know if he was married?
                      He was, and had some kids and grandkids.
                      His namesake son MC Jr, passed away 3-4years ago? It affected MC greatly.

Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Wow , sad news , R I P Mike .

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                          He was, and had some kids and grandkids.
                          His namesake son MC Jr, passed away 3-4years ago? It affected MC greatly.
                          I remember that, its a parents worse nightmare. Do you know what town he lived in? Like to figure out if they are having any services for him, send flowers or something from his BOB family.
                          Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

• Tiretyme
                            Tiretyme commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Andy, I’ll ask Mike Collins for that information and let everyone know

• Bstnsportsfan
                            Bstnsportsfan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I’ll be happy to contribute.

I remember that, its a parents worse nightmare. Do you know what town he lived in? Like to figure out if they are having any services for him, send flowers or something from his BOB family.
                          Sarasota area I think.
                          I'll see if they post the obit on TOS.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear this. I had always hoped he would return to our Bob family if only to share another one of his great stories. The man was an encyclopedia of boating knowledge.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times at boat shows and he was always so friendly. Just a good guy.

I hope he has reunited with his son who we all know affected him so much. He is now at peace and will greatly be missed by many.

Comment

• Tiretyme
                              Tiretyme commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Amen brother
                          Working...
                          X