Djokovic—Australia Sends Him Packing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djokovic—Australia Sends Him Packing

Love the Aussies! Break the rules and we’ll kick your A$$ out!
    Deporting tennis star Novak Djokovic for lying re: Covid on his visa application.
    He’s a world class prick anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cond-time.html
    2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Seeing as how I drive, my local AM stations have been playing it all week about him and his Australian predicament.

BWP

Comment

This story is wrong. The Australian government knew he was unvaccinated before he was given the Visa.
      This whole vaccine and no vaccine is getting way out of hand. Shit barely works anyways.

Comment

First guy ever to lose a Grand Slam by missing only two shots.

Comment

What's Noelm's opinion???

Comment

While knowingly breaking a nation's laws I cannot stand behind. However everything I know is the Ozzie knew he wasn't vaxed so it's a bs story.

Screw the Ozzie's and their dictatorship rules.

I say America should start taking the good Ozzies in as a discriminated class and running for their very lives.
          This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
          You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

In a funny kind of way, he deserved to be "kicked out" he blatantly supplied false information, then his legal team tried to say it was just a "mistake" laws are laws, being a high paid sportsman doesn't mean they don't apply to you, as I understand it, he is lodging an appeal, whether he is successful or not remains to be decided. The Australian Open is a nothing event this year, most top players have decided not to attend (for various reasons, including Covid) "Joker" as I understand it could have played had he not falsified his passport documents, it isn't clear why he didn't just "jump through the right hoops"

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
              While knowingly breaking a nation's laws I cannot stand behind. However everything I know is the Ozzie knew he wasn't vaxed so it's a bs story.

Screw the Ozzie's and their dictatorship rules.

I say America should start taking the good Ozzies in as a discriminated class and running for their very lives.
              It's nothing to do with a Dictatorship, stop believing every news item you see, he was found out to be breaking immigration law, the vax thing was just a "side line" issue.
              edit....it's not 100% clear what was false on his paperwork, but, he is not exactly new at this, and has been here many times, the no vax, Covid thing can be overcome, he knew that, I guess what was wrong will come out soon, but from his interview he has not really disputed the document.
              edit..again, local news says he faces possible jail time (though I really doubt he will) for the false information he supplied, whatever it is/was.
              Last edited by noelm; 01-14-2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noelm View Post

It's nothing to do with a Dictatorship, stop believing every news item you see, he was found out to be breaking immigration law, the vax thing was just a "side line" issue.
              edit....it's not 100% clear what was false on his paperwork, but, he is not exactly new at this, and has been here many times, the no vax, Covid thing can be overcome, he knew that, I guess what was wrong will come out soon, but from his interview he has not really disputed the document.
              edit..again, local news says he faces possible jail time (though I really doubt he will) for the false information he supplied, whatever it is/was.
              Please note the space between my 1st and 2nd comment and my 2nd and 3rd comment.

They were intended to show a new thought process.
              throught 1, the story is a BS story imo for the reasons you pointed out.

Thought 2, screw the Ozzie's (I guess I should have interjected "politicians" and their dictatorship rules.

Thought 3, America has been known for taking in persecuted called of people, right now from all I know going on in places lime Victoria with lockdowns, arrests for not being vaxed, not wearing a mask, out for curfew (as if a virus has a time clock) These people to me qualify as persons being punished by government for their personal beliefs.

I hope that cleared things up for you, certainly didn't mean it as screw the Ozzie people.
              This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
              You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Its the western state of OZ that is like a dictatorship. Those cunts went crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
                  Its the western state of OZ that is like a dictatorship. Those cunts went crazy!
                  I'm not there but I know Victoria is on the eastern side of Oz.

Comment

Just to clear something up (no idea what news you guys see/get) as it stands right now, there is no travel restrictions, no "curfew" with the exception of Western Australia who are still recording no cases, and are keeping their border closed, I can go anywhere I like, masks are mandatory in hospitals and most public places, like supermarkets and so on require masks to be worn when inside. I can have a party, go to a sporting event or out to dinner, how a private business conducts their rules is up to them, most are spacing tables out and restricting numbers, some (like a bar) are required to comply to certain rules to remain open. We had very low cases for a long time, it was then decided (by state governments) to just drop all restrictions, including entry for overseas travellers, no masks, no checks, Covid took off like a wild fire (well by numbers we were used to) states recorded a few thousand cases a day, and the current restrictions (as mentioned above) came into "force" numbers are now dropping in almost every area, and its back under control. I doubt anyone will see a "normal" life for a while yet, whether you are vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands or stay home, the general consensus is, you will get it, our government (right or wrong) is trying to maintain a controlled infection rate to allow proper care and manageable hospital numbers, so far, it's pretty good.
                    whether you consider our laws a dictatorship, draconian or whatever is fine, that's your choice , we all live by our countries laws, like it or not, being different is not always wrong, it's just....different!

Comment

I guess to put something in perspective, in rough numbers (very rough, this is just to get the point across) we have about a tenth the population of the US in a land area around the same size, divided into only 8 states (and territories) most of the population is in the two eastern states, Victoria and New South Wales, Western Australia is huge, but very sparsely populated, as is the Northern Territory, controlling Covid in those states was pretty simple really, so few states makes it way easier for state leaders to "agree" it much easier for a handful of people to agree than getting 50 to do so! Being an Island nation, overseas visitors were easy to restrict, lots didn't like it, some tried to sidetrack laws (like the tennis playing individual that started all this) I still don't know what he falsified, or what he had to gain, he has been here before many times, had certain privileges because he was attending a sporting event, but "something" was not right, maybe our Immigration department were just trying to prove a point and being heavy handed, I don't know.....

Comment

Just saw on the news (not a great news site) that it seems he travels on a "Diplomatic" Passport, (whatever that is) and as such he has certain obligations and criteria that need to be met, and certain forms to be accurately completed (I doubt he completes forms himself) it appears that details necessary were not supplied or mistakenly/fraudulently entered, why? I have no idea.

Comment

I'm not about to argue about a country that's not mine, I don't live there and you play by your own rules. I can say that locking people in their own houses apartments without notice (per reports) isn't exactly the actions of a free country.

The USA isn't far behind in some cases (NYC/California). But speaking for myself, I'd never live under those conditions.

Comment

• noelm
                            noelm commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It was only a very small minority that were "quarantined" no one was locked in their houses really, as explained, if an apartment had a number of cases, the residents were asked/advised to self isolate, most did, but some of the "no one can tell me what to do" people just blatantly ignored any advice just to make a point, these people, (that made the news) were come down hard on, no one was stood over or locked in, but, that's their choice, just like it would be yours. I have said this many times, different is not always wrong, laws are laws, you just live with them, you can "buck the system" if you like, the protests staged confirmed not everyone was happy with how it was handled, but by far, the majority did.

• LFBB
                            LFBB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Per one report(video) an entire apt complex was locked down without notice, mostly of immigrants (not sure why that is relevant). Without notice. I'll post a quote coming out of Oz, you can tell me if it's factual or not.
                        Working...
                        X