Booster shot 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem with this entire vax/no vax thing and the "smarter than me" people is, I am not allowed to question their motives (political or monitary). When I do (and I do) the result is the "smarter than me" people go into a snooty I am better than you attack mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post

That is such a silly and blatantly wrong analogy ,it's hard to even reply to , but it is in itself a great example of what IS wrong today . Your attitude that you can use trite and flat out wrong statements to defend a position you deem worthy , while every intelligent person in the world is opposed to it , just because it's a popular position in the political party you are affiliated with , is the problem .
      A little skepticism is ok , but , at some point you have to realize there are a lot of people way smarter than you , working on the solution , and while they may not be perfect and of course they will make mistakes , in the end , the experts always get it right .
      That's what makes us a great nation , in my humble opinion .
      Although , I can say , I gotten quite few laughs reading things you've posted here , thank you for that .
      Not sure if your reply is sarcasm, but on the chance that you're serious: the analogy, of course, is that the vaccine does not stop one from catching Covid, nor transmitting it. Yet proponents of the vaxx, who themselves are vaxxed, insist that I get the vaxx to protect them from Covid. That, sir, is bullshit.

Clearly, there are people who are way smarter than I, working on a solution. Dr. Robert Malone comes immediately to mind. Unfortunately, their voices are drowned out by a flood of lying propaganda about Covid. This propaganda is pushed by big pharma, big government, and big media, and it's quite effective. The fact that any medical or scientific research that contradicts the official line is ridiculed and buried, rather than being evaluated by use of the scientific method, is evidence that the Covid narrative is cooked up for reasons other than public health. The suppression of effective treatments (thus allowing the emergency use authorizations to continue) and the lack of coverage of vaxx side effects, are just two examples among many.

Your statement that "in the end, the experts always get it right" is either funny (if you are, in fact, being sarcastic), or evidence that you aren't very well educated, despite any schools you may have attended. Don't despair, that can be corrected with effort and attention. Your attributing "experts getting it right" as the reason the US became a great country seems a tad simple as well, and some study of history and economics would serve you well.

I'm not affiliated with any political party. I'm registered Independent, which in Florida prohibits me from voting in primaries, and I consider the two major parties to be completely corrupt. I generally vote for libertarian candidates (knowing they have no chance) or oddballs like Perot or Trump, hoping they'll shake things up, knowing in my heart that they won't.

Now, if your reply was, in fact, sarcasm, it was well done, and I congratulate you. I swallowed the bait completely. If not, then I'd suggest a couple of Midols, and a warm cup of chamomile tea. It'll reduce the cramps and bloating, and you'll feel better in no time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1641864098131.png
Views:	53
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	149469
      V_Thirteen
      Senior Swabby
      Last edited by V_Thirteen; 01-14-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

A lot of "smarter than me" people that I've met are actually confounded on the simple stuff...

Comment

As far as beliefs, viewpoints and opinions on this Covid matter, and many other discussions....
          Most folks don’t really want to hear your opinion.
          They want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth.

Here is another.....
          Most folks, if they dislike what you are saying, they will dislike you.
          If they hate what you believe, they will hate you.

As a last resort....
          Character assassination is the best defense.
          If folks don’t like what you say or believe and the discussion is not progressing,
          abandon the issue, kill the person.

Stay classy, San Diego.

Comment

I guess I just have to ask the question. And this is a serious question, for pro vaxers / pro boosters.
            How many boosters are you willing to get? Again, not trying to be a smart ass, just curious what might be the end point if they do not prevent covid.

Right now, in my known "personal sample of people" its about 50/50 vax vs un-vaxed with Covid. Nobody seems to be better or worse off than the other. No hospitalizations.
            I will say, so far, the un-vaxed are very quick to take the recommended remedial medicines and most are recovering VERY quickly, except for taste.

Comment

On another note, son, at home, came down with really bad head cold two weeks ago. Tested positive??? No other Covid type symptoms.
              He already had covid 6 months ago, not bad at all, but did lose taste and smell for a week or so.
              So did he really have Covid this time??
              Three of us in the house, unvaxed, nothing, not even a sniffle. And we did not separate at all. Fished, dinner, TV, golf, all together and nothing for the three of us.

Comment

Originally posted by riplipper View Post
                I guess I just have to ask the question. And this is a serious question, for pro vaxers / pro boosters.
                How many boosters are you willing to get? Again, not trying to be a smart ass, just curious what might be the end point if they do not prevent covid.

Right now, in my known "personal sample of people" its about 50/50 vax vs un-vaxed with Covid. Nobody seems to be better or worse off than the other. No hospitalizations.
                I will say, so far, the un-vaxed are very quick to take the recommended remedial medicines and most are recovering VERY quickly, except for taste.
                Ok. I will answer as it relates to my vaccination experiences....
                Been vaccinated since I was a kid in elementary school and later on in life while on the Fire Dept for Polio, (MMR)Measles, Mumps, Rubella, (DPT) Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis, Influenza, Shingles, CoVid, with all followups and boosters. They did their job, I guess.
                While on the Fire Dept, we got exposed to all kinds of sick folks in a big city, like Miami. Patients sneezed, coughed, spit, vomited, pee’d, pooped and bled on you. We didn’t get sick much; the immune system was on point. After retirement, I don’t get exposed much to sick folks anymore...so I get my Flu shots every year. It keeps the immune system equipped for viral battle.
                That is my experience, choice and convictions about vaccinations. It is neither right, nor wrong, just a personal choice. Many factors, both voluntary and involuntary, formed my vaccination history and beliefs and will also influence future practices.
                I hope this helps helps folks understand how private, personal and unique each persons reason for their decision is.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCat22 View Post

Ok. I will answer as it relates to my vaccination experiences....
                Been vaccinated since I was a kid in elementary school and later on in life while on the Fire Dept for Polio, (MMR)Measles, Mumps, Rubella, (DPT) Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis, Influenza, Shingles, CoVid, with all followups and boosters. They did their job, I guess.
                While on the Fire Dept, we got exposed to all kinds of sick folks in a big city, like Miami. Patients sneezed, coughed, spit, vomited, pee’d, pooped and bled on you. We didn’t get sick much; the immune system was on point. After retirement, I don’t get exposed much to sick folks anymore...so I get my Flu shots every year. It keeps the immune system equipped for viral battle.
                That is my experience, choice and convictions about vaccinations. It is neither right, nor wrong, just a personal choice. Many factors, both voluntary and involuntary, formed my vaccination history and beliefs and will also influence future practices.
                I hope this helps helps folks understand how private, personal and unique each persons reason for their decision is.
                All good and reasonable points. I' too, have been vaccinated against lots of things.

The difference here is that these "vaccines" aren't - they are untested gene therapy, using a technology that has (per my reading) killed every animal group it's been tried on. There is no good information on side effects, other that it started out as "safe and effective" and now we realize it's neither. It is not approved for use except under an emergency use authorization - why? - because it has not been properly tested.

To conflate people who will not take this shot with the more generic term "anti-vaxxers" muddies the discussion. I have lots of vaccinations - but I will not take this shot.

Comment

• SeaCat22
                  SeaCat22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ....and it is a decision to be respected and considered when policies are enacted.
                  I do not like the forceful nor strong-handed mandates that we have seen recently, nor the ridiculing.

Not sure if your reply is sarcasm, but on the chance that you're serious: the analogy, of course, is that the vaccine does not stop one from catching Covid, nor transmitting it. Yet proponents of the vaxx, who themselves are vaxxed, insist that I get the vaxx to protect them from Covid. That, sir, is bullshit.

I was serious , and thanks for the suggestion of taking midol , but I'll pass . But if that works for you , go right ahead , you be you , LOL !

I wasn't really singling you out , more just a broad statement on the whole resistance to the shot , sorry if it came across that way .
                But your statement above is again so wrong it's funny .
                Taking the vax lessons the effects if you get it , by building up your immunity , keeping you out of the hospital , freeing up space for those who need surgery or treatment .
                You saying the Pro-vaxer's want you to get the shot to protect them from Covid shows you really don't get it .
                But you just keep on being you , searching the internet for sites that say what you what to believe , not really looking for the truth .

Comment

And , back to my previous point , every year they come up with a new flu shot , sometimes on very short notice , but nobody hesitates to take that , and no one seems to die from it either .
                  Why is it any different than the Covid ? Because it's not been politicized , such as Covid .

Comment

• riplipper
                    riplipper
                    Probie
                    riplipper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Covid "vaccine" is not different just because it's been politicized. It is technically VERY different from any flu vaccines that have been used in the past and present.

And , back to my previous point , every year they come up with a new flu shot , sometimes on very short notice , but nobody hesitates to take that , and no one seems to die from it either .
                  Why is it any different than the Covid ? Because it's not been politicized , such as Covid .
                  I don't take flu shots.
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1
                  Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Never had a flu shot. Don't get the flu. Go figure.

I read on the internet that your body actually has a system for identifying alien cells and destroying them. Sounds crazy, I know, it's probably a conspiracy theory.

Comment

I wasn't really singling you out , more just a broad statement on the whole resistance to the shot , sorry if it came across that way .
                    But your statement above is again so wrong it's funny .
                    Glad I could entertain you.

Taking the vax lessons the effects if you get it , by building up your immunity , keeping you out of the hospital , freeing up space for those who need surgery or treatment .
                    Source: trust me, bro. LOL

But you just keep on being you , searching the internet for sites that say what you what to believe , not really looking for the truth .
                    Nailed it! Man, it's like you can see right into my mind and read my thoughts. Have you ever considered taking your show on the road? You could pack the (socially distanced) house and give The Amazing Kreskin a run for his money!

Comment

Latest US numbers I’ve seen, 68% vaxxed. Only 38% boosted. So half of the vaxxed have decided no more? Granted some are probably not in a booster window yet, but I’d think that number was low as the % vaccinated hasn’t risen much last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by V_Thirteen View Post

Glad I could entertain you.

Source: trust me, bro. LOL

Nailed it! Man, it's like you can see right into my mind and read my thoughts. Have you ever considered taking your show on the road? You could pack the (socially distanced) house and give The Amazing Kreskin a run for his money!
                        I don't have to see in to your mind , I've read all the stuff you posted on the covid thread and this one , among others .
                        You post all kinds of stuff from known fake news sites , then quote one doctor that says what you want to believe while calling all the real doctors quacks .
                        The facts are most doctors are PRO Vax , but you refuse to accept that , why ?

Then , when I dare to post an opinion different than yours , and yes , admit I find your stance amusing , you get all snarky and insulting . Typical .

But that's OK , I find that amusing too , LOL !

Comment

Working...
                        X