Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	148687
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

That is one B.A Bote to be driving around.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Can we still call a ship a 'she' or is that not allowed in this WOKE world?

Good for her, huzzah!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	148691
      Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

Magnificent!!!!!!!!
        Killing machine!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
          That is one B.A Bote to be driving around.
          Decades ago Car and Driver did a "test drive" on an aircraft carrier. Top speed was classified, but seems the fuel economy at top speed was measured in feet per gallon..........

Comment

All are nuclear and have been for a while so no feet per gallon anymore. I used to go onboard to work on computer equipment and always needed a guide to get around. They are huge. A Navy pilot lived next door to me and told me he was on board for a few months when he found out he'd been going the long way to the ready room before flights. He estimated he cut off 10 minutes by taking the better route.

I'm fortunate that I get to see them fairly regularly. You can't get close by boat. The support craft, helicopters and security boats, will warn you to leave while aiming 50 caliber guns your way. Learned that when I thought he said turn to port, but he said don't turn to port while a submarine was leaving Norfolk.

Always fun to watch, except when they are doing serous stuff. Been chased away from good fishing grounds while 80 miles offshore so they could use explosives. Amazing how well sound carries over water. Couldn't see much from 15-20 miles away, but sure could hear it.
            Richard - Sailfish 245DC
            Virginia Beach

Comment

My step daughter is a nuclear engineer and is in New Port News working on the George Washington refit. I think it is funny as hell. The pasty white Red Head who hated boats is working on one of the largest boats around. I giggle like a little girl every time I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
                My step daughter is a nuclear engineer and is in New Port News working on the George Washington refit. I think it is funny as hell. The pasty white Red Head who hated boats is working on one of the largest boats around. I giggle like a little girl every time I think about it.
                Glad she's got the opportunity. I only got into the yards at Newport News to do computer work and that was rare as the main computers weren't in the shipyard itself. It is an impressive shipyard.

Oh, those computers changed the way the Navy does ships altogether. Saved them all sorts of shipboard space not having paper diagrams of shipboard systems. Then when building the ship when a builder took a pipe down into the ship it fit first time. Before the computers it often took 2 or 3 times of measuring and re-cutting or getting a longer pipe to get it to fit. Considering it might take a half hour to go from the bowels of the ship to the metal shop and another half hour to get back, the savings in time alone paid for the multi-million dollar computers.
                Richard - Sailfish 245DC
                Virginia Beach

Comment

I am not sure what she does. The security clearance is pretty deep and she doesn't discuss any of it.

I tell everyone she went into nuclear engineering because that was the only way she could figure to take over the world. We will all be slaves to "The Evil Refhead" as I called her growing up.

Comment

Working...
                  X