Clear All

• Slough
    replied
    Dewalt 20v is good general use tools.

Leave a comment:

• V_Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Billinfla View Post
    My first cordless tool was a small electric screwdriver in the late 1980's. Almost 40 years ago. Made by Black and Decker.
    My first cordless tool was a pocketknife.

I have a Kobalt drill, it's held up pretty well. Used to buy Milwaukee, but I thought the quality was slipping. My Dewalt gear holds up well also.

Leave a comment:

• Coastboater
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post

I’m thinking about going with Kobalt from Lowes—anyone with experience?

Was in Home Depot yesterday, their shelves were empty and trying to find an associate with a brain is next to impossible. Now I know why Lowes parking lot usually has twice as many cars. The store is just a few minutes farther than HD and I’ve been gravitating to them slowly.
    I’ve had a few of their pieces, a 3/8” drill and 1/4” impact - their 24V system. They come with smart batteries that you can press a button on the battery and it will tell you how much of a charge it has. I have 2 2Ah and 1 4Ah batteries. I has Dewalt prior and they started failing batteries right after the warranty expired…
    The 1/4” impact was surprisingly powerful. I use it a lot with the 3/8” socket adaptor. Not sure why it took me so long to buy one of these as I use it a lot.
    As to the drill, I had a contractor replacing front porch columns and his Dewalt died so he used mine. We were drilling hurricane straps and brackets(steel) and he remarked that it was more powerful than his Dewalt, for whatever that’s worth.
    They do have a decent assortment of tools using the same battery system.

Leave a comment:

• Billinfla
    replied
    Don't know about Kobalt cordless. Too new to develop a track record. Reboxed Harbor Freight stuff??

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Billinfla View Post
    My first cordless tool was a small electric screwdriver in the late 1980's. Almost 40 years ago. Made by Black and Decker.

I've had some really good stuff (Bosch) and some shit (Porter Cable). I don't think I've ever really worn a tool out. The batteries and chargers always fail first.

Milwaukee: Finally threw it in the river
    Makita: I like most of their stuff but the cordless sucked. Agree. All I have is electric which has been solid so far.
    Bosch: I've got 10.8/12v stuff which I love. The bigger stuff they kept changing batteries but tools were excellent
    Porter Cable: REALLY shitty batteries.
    Ryobi: Since I retired my last brand. Actually not bad. No complaints except some plastic housings are kinda flimsy. Where I am now with most with except for a few Dewalt products my Dad had. No complaints with Ryobi to this date.
    I’m thinking about going with Kobalt from Lowes—anyone with experience?

Was in Home Depot yesterday, their shelves were empty and trying to find an associate with a brain is next to impossible. Now I know why Lowes parking lot usually has twice as many cars. The store is just a few minutes farther than HD and I’ve been gravitating to them slowly.

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    commented on 's reply
    I do agree some Ryobi tools feel a bit flimsy in your hands and seem like they won't last. But I have used and abused them and they seem to be holding up surprisingly well. I wouldn't call them professional quality but not bad for the price...Charlie

• Billinfla
    replied

I've had some really good stuff (Bosch) and some shit (Porter Cable). I don't think I've ever really worn a tool out. The batteries and chargers always fail first.

Milwaukee: Finally threw it in the river
    Makita: I like most of their stuff but the cordless sucked.
    Bosch: I've got 10.8/12v stuff which I love. The bigger stuff they kept changing batteries but tools were excellent
    Porter Cable: REALLY shitty batteries.
    Ryobi: Since I retired my last brand. Actually not bad. No complaints except some plastic housings are kinda flimsy.

Leave a comment:

• Coastboater
    commented on 's reply
    “Old Milwaukee” LOL
    Perfect!

• NO WAKE
    replied
    Originally posted by Lprizman View Post

What's up with them?

Yes some stuff overpriced....but... considering they come to me... warranty anything...99% of the time...and when I call he's there...

Ah....maybe I shouldn't know.....

How long were you with them?
    Ten years total. Five as a dealer with my own truck and five as a Sales Manager.

I have always said...service sells! I never attempted to sell on price! Quality of products and the service after the sale is what makes their products worth the money!

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
    Snap-On.
    If it was for a shop I would
    For my house and once or three times a year use, nah

Leave a comment:

• Lprizman
    replied
    Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post

Yep. That’s what I own also. But, based on my past employment with them, I’m biased. 😃
    What's up with them?

Yes some stuff overpriced....but... considering they come to me... warranty anything...99% of the time...and when I call he's there...

Ah....maybe I shouldn't know.....

How long were you with them?

Leave a comment:

• NO WAKE
    replied
    Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
    Snap-On.
    Yep. That’s what I own also. But, based on my past employment with them, I’m biased. 😃

Leave a comment:

• Lprizman
    commented on 's reply
    Yup!!!!!

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    Snap-On.

Leave a comment:

• Tiretyme
    commented on 's reply
    Have the breaker bar, just tired of twisting the rachet
Working...