X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Help Please

Need a to buy a battery powered 1/2” impact tool
    All I’ve ever used are the pneumatic Ingersoll-Rand impact in our shops
    My small pancake compressors at home won’t pull much, even tied together.

Home Depot has quite a few on sale today but I have no idea what to look for
    Makita or Ryobi are the majority of my power tools with woodworking stuff being Makita and general battery operated are Ryobi

Any thoughts, direction and input would be appreciated
    2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

I have a 1/2" Ingersoll Rand we use in the shop for removing tires from trucks and trailers. Its a beast. 5-6 years ago it was $400 or so. It has an aluminum gear housing, but the rest is plastic. Still on the original battery.
    Andrew Munao Jr
    Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
    888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

I have dewalt 20v and its great for around the house sort of stuff but on the island I have the Milwaukee m18 1/2 impact and its a beast!

Dewalts are $70 off at HD

Comment

I’ve settled on the 24V Kobalt stuff from Lowes. Very happy with both a drill and 1/4” drive impact. I have a pneumatic 1/2” impact for lug nuts and such so haven’t used the Kobalt 1/2”.

Comment

Everyday shop use, no opinion. Occasional home use..Ryobi single battery system. Remember Ryobi built all those bulletproof tools for craftsman a few decades ago.

Comment

My guys have the Ryobi tools on job sites, we use Dewalt in the shop. Both work well and take a ton of abuse. I think Ryobi has a second line for heavy-duty applications.

Comment

Do you have any other battery powered tools currently? You may want to stay with the same brand and maybe be able to save on buying spare batteries. Just a thought.
              95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
              Seaford, De
              Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
                Do you have any other battery powered tools currently? You may want to stay with the same brand and maybe be able to save on buying spare batteries. Just a thought.
                Yes, the battery operated ones are Ryobi and Dewalt
                Electric are Makita
                2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
                Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

The cost of batteries is the big issue. Stay with the same battery system. Ryobi has a shitload of tools which run on the same battery..or batteries for some 2 battery tools.

Comment

I have a bunch of the Ryobi tools including the half inch impact wrench some as much as 15 or more years old. Most of them have held up very well. Some of them have surprised me at how well they held up with the abuse I have given them. I would say the tools are a very good deal considering they are not that expensive compared to other brands. The batteries on the other hand are a different story. I have had many failures with them. I don't have much experience with other brands so that may be the case with all brands of batteries. That I just don't know...Charlie
                    Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

Buy from who has the best return program....you buy it....you brake it....they take it....no Bullshit and you take a new one.....
                      ......since your limited to the big box stores....here is my recommendations from what I have and used....

1. Old Milwaukee
                      2. DeWalt
                      3. Rigid
                      Pick your poison for the rest......

I'll send you my Snap On 1/2" 12 volt gun....it'll rip your arm off....but it's $700.00 and weighs 6 pounds....

Get a good breaker bar to initially break them loose...and no need to tighten them till your balls turn blue...just snug plus a 1/4 turn....

Or the " lance - 0 - rachet 3,000 "
                      🙃🙂
                      Attached Files

Comment

Milwaukee batteries are good, but expensive. The tools are great. I have 30yo saws and drills and demo tools. All corded, though.
                      I’m partial to Hilti tools. The students not only use them, they abuse them. Then, they get washed off and lubed after every class. They get full, I mean full of concrete dust. They get dragged in the debris while being used inside the concrete pipes and scenarios and layed down in the mud. It pains me to see the abuse.

Comment

Snap-On.
                        Engine Sales and Service
                        Ph +1 954.463.1515
                        Fx +1
                        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                        Snap-On.
                        Yep. That’s what I own also. But, based on my past employment with them, I’m biased. 😃
                        95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
                        Seaford, De
                        Curtis

Comment

Yep. That’s what I own also. But, based on my past employment with them, I’m biased. 😃
                          What's up with them?

Yes some stuff overpriced....but... considering they come to me... warranty anything...99% of the time...and when I call he's there...

Ah....maybe I shouldn't know.....

How long were you with them?

Comment

Working...
                          X