T-Day and the Holidaze-----.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Day and the Holidaze-----.

What's the plan, what's on the plate? Is it still a Covid thing?
    For me, the family was going to get together after not doing it for the large group last year, well, that did not plan out. We lost two sections of family, so we are down to 13ish.
    The two sections? Not coming because of Covid.
    Turkey, and I'm hungry, I might throw a fillet on there to keep me busy before the bird(s) get done.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

You headed North?
    Low key for Valla & I, have early reservation at yacht club.
    Oldest grandson (terrible 2’s) is in the middle of a 10-day stint with us.
    We’re hosting the entire enchilada for Santa Clause
    2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Parker Yacht
      Parker Yacht commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. Head there Wed. Leave Sat. Shooting a match at JTAC Sunday.

Younger daughter is coming from TX for a couple weeks with her bulldog, really looking forward to it. Lunch is at the fancy resort next door, let 'em cook it.
    Sanibel FL
    Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

• Parker Yacht
      Parker Yacht commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that one year. It was nice actually. Food wasn't as good, but the hassle factor was really low.

We’re doing the bird and all the fixings at our house for anyone that wants to show up. Probably going to have 20 family members. Looking forward to it.
    95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
    Seaford, De
    Curtis

Comment

It’s going down here this year. I got 2 turkeys for the deep fryer, because 1 is never enough! Not sure how many we will have but inviting everyone! Anyone here want to cone? LOL!

Comment

We’ll go to the n Florida property w the kids and the camper and see a couple nieces.
        most all we have left in FL are dead.
        we have a ton of kin in MI but they mostly suffer from TDS and are Whitmerized and don’t gather.

Kids have an uncle that lives off the grid. He cooks the Turkey in the ground (hot coals, wrap the Turkey, drop it in the ground, cover w dirt, dig up, eat).
        exciting times.

Comment

• Tiretyme
          Tiretyme commented
          Editing a comment
          We learned that in Boy Scouts

We are doing our same as last year. 35 people, family and friends. Everything is catered by the Ravenous Pig (they even season and brine the 3 turkeys, I smoke 2 of them and fry one). We have a musician with his guitar, speakers and looper showing up at 5 and playing until he either quotes or the cops show up (last year we had a different guy, we kept feeding him food and good whiskey so he kept playing)

Anyone gonna be in Central FL, holler and stop by.

Comment

Just us two, my daughter, my MIL and wife's aunt.. Dad isn't coming, so we'll bring him a plate. May see my oldest that evening. Middle 2 kids are scattered, living life.

Smoked turkey., Ham. Normal fixings..
          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

We’re doing a thing Thanksgiving weekend. Turns out the Clemson/South Carolina football game has more appeal than Moms turkey, so our crowd is coming in for the weekend.
            6 extra folks and one extra dog in the house. Calls for a large prime rib 👍

Comment

• Boat Bum
              Boat Bum commented
              Editing a comment
              "Calls for a large prime rib"

Humblebrag much? 8)

• Coastboater
              Coastboater commented
              Editing a comment
              My youngest son is a Business Development Manager for Sysco.
              He gets incredible quality meats at restaurant cost. We need that since his pricing for beef is up 24% since January. FJB 👎
              yeah, humblebrag 😀

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              Ole and KMac sent me a standing rib roast and instructions for cooking around 2 years ago
              It was amazing

We are having Thanksgiving lunch the Sunday before that actual day at my sons house. Youngest son will be at work on Thanksgiving day and youngest grandson will be with his dad so we have to get together early. Thanksgiving day will be just Todd and I. This will be the first time ever. Normally we have about 30 family members at my house. This will be different for sure.
            From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

Just the 2 of us on Thanksgiving Day. None of the kids can get home and extended family this year all rotate to their spouse's side. It's our year to be together on Christmas. Maybe. Hopefully.

Not sure what I'm gonna do for T-day yet other than the traditional hunting in the morning.

With both my Dad & FIL gone, seems like the family cohesion for holidays may be slipping. Guess it falls on me to get that back in order.

My Mom & MIL coming over on Sunday and I'm gonna smoke a prime rib, like last year.
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

No Thanksgiving here, but Christmas is at my place (as it has been for decades) somewhere between 30-40 freeloaders, I will carry on like a baby about the effort and expense (as I do every year) as usual it will probably be a hot day (middle of summer here) we will have way too much food, Turkey, Ham, Pork, Blue Crab, Prawns, every type of salad ever made, people swimming in the pool or over at the beach, while my wife slaves over the food making sure everything is just right, white table cloth, proper knives and forks, proper plates (no plastic) the whole box and dice, the vultures will eat, make a mess have a swim then buzz off leaving me to clean up.....bah humbug, get off my lawn!

Comment

- Oven roasted Turkey with natural Turkey gravy.
                  - Stuffing with fresh sausage.
                  - Buttered Mashed Skinless Potatoe.
                  - Candied Yam with Marshmellow.
                  - Fresh Greenbeans with Bacon/Onion redux.
                  - Chilled Cranberry Sauces.
                  - Homemade Michigan Apple pie with White Chocolate and Cherries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0053.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	143256
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0076.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	143257
                  Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1
                  Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Tiretyme
                    Tiretyme commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ole can cook!!

Originally posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
                  It’s going down here this year. I got 2 turkeys for the deep fryer, because 1 is never enough! Not sure how many we will have but inviting everyone! Anyone here want to cone? LOL!
                  Going to give the deep fried Turkey a go (it's never done here) do you cook the Turkey first somehow? or do you just put it in the oil (avoiding the fires you see on YouTube) how do you cook it through without burning it?

Comment

• blaster
                    blaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve always seen them cooked raw. Proper regulation of the oil temperature is the critical factor. Make SURE the turkey is completely thawed before frying.

Originally posted by noelm View Post

Going to give the deep fried Turkey a go (it's never done here) do you cook the Turkey first somehow? or do you just put it in the oil (avoiding the fires you see on YouTube) how do you cook it through without burning it?
                  You don’t pre-cook the turkey. The turkey must be completely thawed or you will have a mess and possible fire.
                  You can marinate/brine beforehand but the outside of the turkey should be patted dry.
                  Before heating the oil I would stick the turkey in the pot I was using then add my oil (peanut😀) until it came to the level I wanted for cooking. This is so you don’t overfill your pot with oil and have an overflowing mess when you putting the turkey in heated oil.
                  I heat the oil to 375*f and cook for 3-4 minutes/pound. Small turkeys maybe a little less.
                  Be prepared to get the turkey out and drain the oil as it’s now a hot mess😀
                  It will be up to the billing, though, tender and moist.

Comment

Working...
                  X