• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oyster Mushrooms

Click image for larger version

Name:	87B21E51-DEA0-4618-97DC-3769638ECD18.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	143021 I like mushrooms, so I’m going to try and grow some. I ordered the spawn and am going to grow them in a bucket. Got the bucket, straw and spawn. Drilled the bucket, sterilized the straw and put it together yesterday. Let’s see how it goes in a few weeks. Will let you know.
    By the way...the bean sprout growing is too easy and taste great.

Name:	4DF105B0-8958-4E21-BE71-882A2FBFB4DE.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	143020

Very interesting. We love mushrooms as well.. I will follow this..
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Trippin?

Comment

I have grown "common" mushrooms many times, from store bought kits, to full on starting from scratch, (and finding them in paddocks growing naturally) they are simple to grow, I do believe they grow from "spore" not spawn, but I could be wrong. I have never grown Oyster Mushrooms though, but have tried "Swiss Brown" and those funny looking long stalky looking ones, they were by accident, the spores must have been in the kit I got.

Comment

Construction term. "Feel like a mushroom". Kept in the dark and fed shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Billinfla View Post
          Construction term. "Feel like a mushroom". Kept in the dark and fed shit.
          actually that's " fed bullshit".

Comment

All my friends call me Mushroom , because I'm such a Fun Guy ! Ba-Da Boom , I'll be here all night , don't forget to tip your server !

Comment

I’ll be interested to see how this works for you. I’ve tried numerous times to cultivate morels. Zero success.
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• SeaCat22
                SeaCat22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Will keep you posted on the progress and outcome. We are limited to less varieties due to our warmer climate in S FL.

From what I have heard/read/learned, you never pick Mushrooms by pulling them out of the ground, you use a knife and cut them off, leaving the "roots" in the ground, this promotes further spores to grow and producing another crop in the same spot.

Comment

• SeaCat22
                SeaCat22 commented
                Editing a comment
                These grow through the 1/4” holes in the bucket, so you just cut or twist them off.

Please post pics as this progresses
              From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

Name:	D7E52CE6-A866-4D4F-81C0-4B37AD447D46.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	786.4 KB
ID:	144505 Ok folks. We have mushrooms. Exactly 2 weeks for them to grow through the holes. I mist the outside of the bucket a few times a day. Yesterday, the holes were clear. This morning....voila.

Name:	A0FD88E6-339B-4109-A150-CEA46CD83861.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	784.0 KB
ID:	144504

Comment

L.I.B.
                M.R. Mushrooms.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Congratulations, mushrooms are not easy to grow as they are so vulnerable to attack from other fungi. Looks awesome.
                  2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Damn cool!

Comment

They should be ready in about a week. I can’t eat all it will produce. Gotta give some away to friends and neighbors. I made a bucket for my sister and nephew, so they will also have plenty. Too delicate to ship. That’s why you don’t find them in stores.

Comment

Working...
                      X