• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this could have potential use

assuming its 1/2 decent

I could see it with a semi stripped head on a bolt

https://superbrandtools.com/collecti...s/products/buy

We need Lance to buy one and do a review for us.
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Lprizman
      Lprizman commented
      Editing a comment
      Junk....I did this years ago....lol!

Unfortunately the pins are rounded and that is the WORST profile to try and grip an already buggered up surface or profile ... You think Allen heads strip easily? IMHO this would slip even faster!
    Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

Actually that concept has been around for 25 plus years. There is a German tool company that sold bolt extractors that use that same approach (round internal rods). I can’t remember the name but have several in my tool box at home. I worked for Snap On Tools for over 10 years both as a dealer (had my own tool truck) and a regional manager. I remember selling the extractors. I’ll get the name tonight. Believe it started with an “A”. They actually work quite well.
      95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
      Seaford, De
      Curtis

Comment

AST was the company. I was a Snapon dealer from 1989-1992 .Still owed money I will never see...LOL

Comment

Speaking of Snap On, I had 1 shop, then 12, 40 and eventually over 100.
          The mechanics would flock to the truck as soon as it pulled in parking lot—it was like most all work stopped.
          Kids in a candy store for sure.
          Snap On guys were smart too! Always showed up on payday to collect payments
          2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
          Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

I always respected the shop owner and limited the number of guys on the truck to two at a time. Let’s face it. On a retail level you really can’t deal with more than two people asking questions and you trying to make a sale and talk payments at the same time. 😃
            Seaford, De
            Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by mjm1957 View Post
              AST was the company. I was a Snapon dealer from 1989-1992 .Still owed money I will never see...LOL
              Where at? What state, city?
              Seaford, De
              Curtis

Comment

You can get one from ebay for $ 13.40 free shipping. 😊
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/35346613725...3ABFBMnNX88qBf

Comment

I have used a couple and personally thought they sucked. Never would hold a semi rounded nut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_12750.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	142751

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
                    I have used a couple and personally thought they sucked. Never would hold a semi rounded nut.

Name:	image_12750.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	142751
                    You can’t rape the willing!!! LOL
                    Seaford, De
                    Curtis

Comment

• Lprizman
                      Lprizman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lolololololol 😅😂🤣😅

I used to turn a wrench or two back in the 80’s for a motorcycle shop.
                    I had made in Taiwan tools.
                    The other guys had Snapon and Mac? I think it was.
                    By far, their tools were Superior to mine.
                    they felt good, didn’t booger up like mine. Def good stuff.
                    with that said, I was still able to function with what I had, and considerably cheaper. If I were to have chosen a FT career as a mech, I woulda went with snapon for sure

Comment

That tool is shit.....tried one earlier 90's

Get the "turbo" socket set for stripped bolts and nuts...mine is from guess who....🙃😂

As far as Snap On goes....70% of my tools are theirs or Mac tools.... very valuable to have quality.....the abuse I put them thru with no questions asked is worth the bounty....

Great day all
                      🙂

Comment

Oh, I have a bunch of Snap-on and MAC from when I was a road mechanic. They are pretty good. Worth that much extra????

Name:	image_12749.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	142791

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
                          Oh, I have a bunch of Snap-on and MAC from when I was a road mechanic. They are pretty good. Worth that much extra????

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12749.jpg Views:	10 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	142791
                          I could go on and on about the quality of the steel Snap On uses and the processes they use. I had the pleasure of visiting one of their wrench manufacturing facilities and also their screwdriver facility. Very impressive.

Basically all tools are supposed to meet government standards for strength. Back in the day...the government could have increased their standards and Snap On would have been the only tool company that would not have to change a thing. Back then it took 29 days to produce one wrench from raw material to finished product.

Now having said that....any of the top brand tool companies charge a LOT of money for their products. I do prefer my Snap On even though I don’t use them professionally.
                          Seaford, De
                          Curtis

Comment

Working...
                          X