Popping The Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping The Question!

My son will be asking his girlfriend to marry him today. They are on vacation somewhere in the Poconos in Pa. They are going hiking today and he’s going to pop the question while in the mountains.

I’m proud of him because he actually asked her father for his daughters hand. Did it face to face. I’m looking forward to the phone call from them both later today. 😃
    95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
    Seaford, De
    Curtis

Awesome! And sounds like you approve, Double awesome!
    And good job pops, you and mom raised the young man right.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

You apparently have a good son and raised him with some manners. The BIG question is do you like the girl??

I did the same when I married, however I made a poor choice. My parents and even my friends tried to talk me out of it. I didn't listen.

I paid heavy for that decision.

Comment

Congrats!
        Sanibel FL
        Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Nice! Congrats to all.

The kind of happy moments that keep life feeling normal.

He’s doing it right. Clearly speaks to the young man you’ve raised.
          Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Yes! Love her to death! They make a good couple. Have been dating for well over two years. He moved her into his house about 1 1/2 years ago. He turns 26 next Tuesday. She’s almost 22 and just finished college and started her career as a physical therapist. They both are good kids and have their heads screwed on straight. I’ve known her parents for 30 plus years. Good people.

It’s funny because everyone knows about the ring and the plan except her! Hopefully everything goes smoothly and he doesn’t drop the ring off a cliff. LOL

Appreciate the compliments! All you can do is try to give them advice and guidance and hopefully some of it sinks in!
            Last edited by NO WAKE; 09-15-2021, 08:20 AM.
            Seaford, De
            Curtis

Comment

Ask your son if videoing it is an option. SIL#1 popped the question on a mountain top and friends with them videod it. Being able to share the moment thru that was priceless for us.

I’m thinking I may get asked for permission by #2 in a few weeks when we’re all together in the mountains of CO.
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Unfortunately it’s just the two of them. That would have been awesome!!!
                Seaford, De
                Curtis

Comment

Congratulations..
                  As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                  2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                  2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Congratulations! Asking her Dad for her hand is doing it right.
                    When my youngest son asked his wife’s Dad, he asked my son if he really knew what he was getting himself in to…lol

Comment

Congratulations!! I think it’s great!
                      My son in law came to me also, and now he’s such a fine young doctor. Yes I’m proud of him too!
                      Have known his Dad for 35 years, good people.

They've only dated each other and have their second bambino on way w/ a projected 10/5 arrival.
                      Named first one after me...........that was awesome to say the least.

2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
                      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                        Named first one after me...........that was awesome to say the least.

WOW! That would be a proud grandpa moment tough to beat.
                        Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Congratulations 🎊

BWP

Comment

Congrats

well done!

Comment

I did not ask my FIL for permission or blessing, I did not need it. I have two girls and would not be insulted if I wasn't asked for my daughters hand in marriage, they're the ones you need to convince; I raised two fiercely independent woman (26 and 29) often to my own chagrin.

ETA: They are sweet though. The doctor's on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VnM.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	136520
                              Last edited by Boat Bum; 09-15-2021, 12:15 PM.
                              I can't help but think if I was a better person I could've been a dog. 🐕

Chet
                              Amesbury, MA
                              1987 2855 Bayliner Contessa SB
                              How can I help you?

Comment

• Coastboater
                                Coastboater commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That’s a pair of beautiful women. 👍

• Tiretyme
                                Tiretyme commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Beautiful!
                                Great way to raise them. Many, many rely on the income of a man to get them through life.
                                What kind of doctor?

• Boat Bum
                                Boat Bum commented
                                Editing a comment
                                PharmD certified, with a master's in Public Health

She was going into Critical Care pharmacy, did one year residency at Mt Auburn in Cambridge MA but then was offered a fellowship at the ISMP - Institute for Safe Medication Practices, that she couldn't pass up. She parlayed that into the Medication Safety Officer for the largest and original Mayo Clinic in MN, she is the first to hold this position there.

From the job description:
                                The Medication Safety Officer serves as the authoritative expert in safe medication use. This individual will provide strong, visible, values driven leadership and advocacy for medication safety; provide expert resource support and consultation for medication safety activities; identify, promote and coordinate opportunities for improvement in the medication-use system and processes; provide leadership and support for medication safety committees; and active participate in and support education programs and scholarly activity. Interacts professionally, works collaboratively, and effectively communicates with other Mayo staff, divisions, departments and committees to effectively improve medication use systems and safety.
                            Working...
                            X