Got to love the vaccine/not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to love the vaccine/not.

NYC mayor Bill D announced today that only 60% of all Healthcare workers have been vaccinated. If those in the profession don't want the shot, how do you expect the normals to take it?

For some, it will be a choice of take it or loose your job. The healthcare system my wife works in just announced this policy.
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post
      For some, it will be a choice of take it or loose your job. The healthcare system my wife works in just announced this policy.
      Well, the problem with this whole ordeal, especially the medical side, what do you do??? Do you allow people to infect others? In the end, its a private industry.. An industry where vulnerable people have to come to be treated if need be. Bad situation. Tough situation. However, hospitals are in a bad spot. They deal with critically ill people every day. They exist for sick people.

My daughter was required to be vaccinated to remain in her PICU job. She is going to start travel nursing.. Huge money to made right now. They require it as well..
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• duckfish
        duckfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Youngest & SIL to-be made incredible bank last year doing the traveling thing. But it was brutal on them. I was really glad when they got out of it.

If she didn't already commit, tell her to look closely at temp. residence availability and costs. I may be wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if it almost negates the extra pay.

Roper and/or MUSC, the two heavyweight health care providers here, fired 5 or so that refused the shot.
      I've had two Phizer jabs and other than an urge to topple civil war statues, I have no side effects at all.

Comment

• Ol Mucky
        Ol Mucky commented
        Editing a comment
        lol

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post
      Roper and/or MUSC, the two heavyweight health care providers here, fired 5 or so that refused the shot.
      I've had two Phizer jabs and other than an urge to topple civil war statues, I have no side effects at all.
      Obviously this child wouldn't have been helped by a vaccine, but this is so sad.. 5 year old healthy child gets Covid, has a stroke and dies.. Sickening..

https://mynbc15.com/news/coronavirus...aign=DailyNews
      Last edited by KMac; 07-22-2021, 10:21 AM.
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Brad1
        Brad1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, that is so sad.

Just a question? If you get vaccinated you can no longer infect other people? That’s not my understanding of it.
      95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
      Seaford, De
      Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
        Just a question? If you get vaccinated you can no longer infect other people? That’s not my understanding of it.
        There seems to be some debate about that in the inner circles. One thought is only if you're symptomatic because of increased viral load. The other side is yes, whether symptomatic or not, if you are indeed Covid infected, you can spread it.

From the data I have seen, I am inclined towards the first thought process.

However, I will say this; The guy at work that was vaccinated and got Covid (symptomatic, too) sat in a small office with a guy for about an hour. He said he had a "cold" which turned out to be Covid. He didn't think he could get it because of the vaccine.

Anyway, the guy in the office with him never got sick. Not sure whether he is vaccinated or not.
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

There seems to be some debate about that in the inner circles. One thought is only if you're symptomatic because of increased viral load. The other side is yes, whether symptomatic or not, if you are indeed Covid infected, you can spread it.

However, I will say this; The guy at work that was vaccinated and got Covid (symptomatic, too) sat in a small office with a guy for about an hour. He said he had a "cold" which turned out to be Covid. He didn't think he could get it because of the vaccine.

Anyway, the guy in the office with him never got sick. Not sure whether he is vaccinated or not.
          Ummmmm, Hey-------,
          Soooooooooooo.
          If the "Vaccine" isn't truly working as a vaccine (To be proved or not proved as of yet) Exhibit A) A Planeload of VACCINATED People , then why are "they" pushing the "vaccine" so hard? What else is in the "Vaccine"?
          Inquiring minds, me/mine WANT to know.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Ahoy Vay
            Ahoy Vay commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems to be some debate around the truthfulness of the “vaccinated” story.

Originally posted by KMac View Post

That’s kind of been my thoughts all along. Supposedly the virus lives on surfaces. That’s why they push to wipe stuff down and wash your hands. If you get vaccinated it’s supposed to keep you from getting a harsher reaction to covid (not keep you from getting it). At least that’s my understanding.

So...if the vaccine can’t stop you from getting it....what’s the point of pushing the vaccine? To not overload the healthcare system? I think in the early stages of it (covid) the hospitals were (in some areas) maxed out but with advances in treatments I really haven’t heard of hospitals getting anywhere near capacity!

I understand the mentality of keeping folks safe by getting vaccinated and the push for 70% vaccinated folks but in reality it doesn’t make covid go away. I think it’s like the flu in regards to....it’s going to be around for a long time.

So.....having said that.....why the uproar and major push to get the majority of the population vaccinated? If everyone (including people who have been vaccinated) can potentially spread covid........what does vaccinating our populace solve?
          Seaford, De
          Curtis

Comment

My understanding of the RNA based vaccines that they help you strengthen your immune system by triggering your body to produce antibodies to a SARS virus. After the two week period after the second shot, your body should have a head start to fight the virus should you be exposed, for how long is anyone's guess. Based on my over-simplistic understanding of being vaccinated, one can still be infected with the virus but derogatory effects are mitigated by the already present antibodies.
            My guess is during the period you are infected, regardless if you're symptomatic, the virus is replicating and you are capable of shedding the virus which could infect another person until your body produces enough antibodies to rid your body from the virus.
            Statewide here in SC it seems to be working/marginally effective. Hospital bed occupancy is in the low 70%, way down, along with ICU, intubations and deaths despite a sharp increase in cases of the Delta variant like the rest of the country.
            The vaccine keeps the virus from killing you. Hopefully.

Comment

First ask them to certify that every ingredient and shot is 100% safe, have the MD sign off on that. Then have a lawyer draw up a quick paper stating that the company and boss personally will be liable for every negative side effect including death.. after all that let them fire you and sue for your jib back for unlawful termination.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post
                My understanding of the RNA based vaccines that they help you strengthen your immune system by triggering your body to produce antibodies to a SARS virus. After the two week period after the second shot, your body should have a head start to fight the virus should you be exposed, for how long is anyone's guess. Based on my over-simplistic understanding of being vaccinated, one can still be infected with the virus but derogatory effects are mitigated by the already present antibodies.
                My guess is during the period you are infected, regardless if you're symptomatic, the virus is replicating and you are capable of shedding the virus which could infect another person until your body produces enough antibodies to rid your body from the virus.
                Statewide here in SC it seems to be working/marginally effective. Hospital bed occupancy is in the low 70%, way down, along with ICU, intubations and deaths despite a sharp increase in cases of the Delta variant like the rest of the country.
                The vaccine keeps the virus from killing you. Hopefully.
                I gotcha’! So what you are saying is.....it’s a choice for each person to decide....do I want to get a shot to hopefully help my body protect itself from a virus that I may get....or not! Nothing at all about lessening the spread of the virus!
                Seaford, De
                Curtis

Comment

The virus is endemic to the population.
                  My personal decision was weighing the likelihood of contracting it, surviving it, vs completely unknown potential short term and long term side effects. I felt my risk of death was greater due to my age demographic along with having smoked for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Ummmmm, Hey-------,
                    Soooooooooooo.
                    If the "Vaccine" isn't truly working as a vaccine (To be proved or not proved as of yet) Exhibit A) A Planeload of VACCINATED People , then why are "they" pushing the "vaccine" so hard? What else is in the "Vaccine"?
                    Inquiring minds, me/mine WANT to know.
                    Well, like most vaccines, they are not 100%. There are a few vaccines that have proven to be almost 100%, but very few. Measles, Polio, Tetanus mumps come close, Some have to have a booster after time. But, pneumococcal and flu are harder to get right. They do, however, offer a shield to severe disease MOST of the time. This vaccine is the same.

A vaccine has two goals.. First is to stop it in its tracks, if that is attainable. Second and most importantly, is to prevent severe disease. So far, all the data I have seen is that the mRNA vaccine is working to that end.
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• fijon
                      fijon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      my understanding from the pandemic is there are two types of virus's, those that mutate and those that do not. Measles , polio and tetanus are virus that don't mutate. That's why the vaccines for them have been effective.

• Ol Mucky
                      Ol Mucky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that would explain why influenza continues to be an issue.

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post

That’s kind of been my thoughts all along. Supposedly the virus lives on surfaces. That’s why they push to wipe stuff down and wash your hands. If you get vaccinated it’s supposed to keep you from getting a harsher reaction to covid (not keep you from getting it). At least that’s my understanding.

So...if the vaccine can’t stop you from getting it....what’s the point of pushing the vaccine? To not overload the healthcare system? I think in the early stages of it (covid) the hospitals were (in some areas) maxed out but with advances in treatments I really haven’t heard of hospitals getting anywhere near capacity!

I understand the mentality of keeping folks safe by getting vaccinated and the push for 70% vaccinated folks but in reality it doesn’t make covid go away. I think it’s like the flu in regards to....it’s going to be around for a long time.

So.....having said that.....why the uproar and major push to get the majority of the population vaccinated? If everyone (including people who have been vaccinated) can potentially spread covid........what does vaccinating our populace solve?
                    Because the sicker you are, the more viral load you have and are capable of spreading that heavy load. Also the longer it is allowed to infect people unabated, the more it mutates. Just the nature of a virus.
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Ol Mucky
                      Ol Mucky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      say you have no symptoms, and no vaccine
                      Theyre saying that person is "sicker"? and just passing a bounty of virus?

• KMac
                      KMac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's all about viral load. Viral shedding is not uncommon.. However, most of the time, it is right before an outbreak in your body. This respiratory virus is an odd duck. The science shows that it can be spread from an asymptomatic person, but seeing as the viral load would be low, you would have to basically swap spit or rub your eyes with some nasty mucus from them. LOL..
                  Working...
                  X