• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Nigerian scam

I did this a few years back from a unsolicited email I received:

Him

Hello

My Name is Capt. Brian, an American soldier currently on duty in Afghanistan, I would want to ship two boxes containing (USD6M) cash to you. The above figure was given to me as my share of a huge sum of money which we discovered in boxes at a farmhouse during one of our operation here.

To conceal this huge sum of money became a problem for me but with the help of a medical Doctor working with Red Cross, I have now found a much secured way of getting the package out of Afghanistan for you to pick up.

I will discuss this with you when I am sure that you are willing to assist me.

Capt. Brian

Me

Hello Capt Brain!

You appear to have found me in an acceptable position to acquiesce to your request!

Anything I can do to help your subterfuge, all you need to do is ask.

While the amount if money is smaller than I would normally assist with, I think I will make an exception just for you!

Please provide me more details

Sincerely,

Jonas Bumbry (my friends call me Skipper for short)

Him
    Thank you for your swift response to my email, First i can assure you that this is 100% real. I'm happy to have found a willing partner in you and i can assure you that i have had everything planed for a successful delivery of the funds to you without any problems or stoppage on the way or at the Airport if only you are willing and committed.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
    Some money in various currencies was discovered concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location of insurgent hide during a rescue operation over here in Afghanistan, and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared among us, seeing as many colleagues have lost their live in this war one can is left with he feeling that no compensation can make up for the loss of lives going on in this hell hole. The said figure ($6,000,000.00) was given to me as my share, I have no way of conceal this kind of money over here. But with the help of a British contact working here and with his office which enjoys some immunity with the US Army, I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real content of the package and believes that it's a personal belonging of a colleague of mine who died in a raid here in Afghanistan and who before giving up, trusted me to hand over the package to his Family.

I would have trusted this kind of deal in the hands of my wife who was my closest confidant, but I lost her during child birth on 6ND April 2013, 10 months after we got married, and my only brother has ruined his life with hard drugs and presently in a rehabilitation home in Dallas. This and other reasons has prompt me to seek for your assistance and i mean no harm to you in anyway but an assistance which i knew you will also benefit from. To tell you little more about myself. I was born in Rhode Island to a family of Four, Dad and Mom, Myself and my younger brother Russell. My Dad died when I was only 7 he was a US-Army veteran and Mom later died when I was 12 she had a terrible accident and died three days after in New York as she was working as a nurse in Lenox Hill hospital in new York, I passed through the rank (​) at the Newport station in Rhode Island before I was deploy to Iraq and later here in Afghanistan. I do not know how long we will remain in this war, as each day looks horrifying with deadly operation and battle against die hard militants and terrorists. Totally, we lost well 3,500 soldiers so far and I have survived two suicide bomb attacks and other forms of attack by the special grace of God. I passionately appeal to you not to discuss this matter with a third party and should you have reasons to reject this offer, please destroy this mail as any leakage of this information will be too bad for me.

I'm offering you $2,000,000 (Two Million US Dollars) as contained in one of the boxes as your commission while $4,000,000 (Four Million US Dollars) as contained in the other box should be kept for me under your care pending when I'm done with my service here in Afghanistan.

Kindly forward to me your Name in full, Telephone numbers, preferred delivery address, age and any means of identification so i know the person i am dealing with.

With the above requested information, it will help to facilitate the arrival of the funds in form of a Package/Luggage and with your co-operation, the funds (package) would get to you in less than one week.

I count on your understanding,

Yours in service,
    Capt. Brian

Me

Hey Capt Brain!

Thanks for the reply and the reassurance this is real!!

Not too long ago I was involved in a terrible shipwreck! I was promised by a millionaire passenger that he would be able to refund me the cost of a new boat. Unfortunately , he met with a very bizarre and unexplained death one night while on the uncharted island and I was never reimubursed! I was going to take my case to a lawfirm, but oh what a ray of sunshine it was to recieve your emaill!!

My new wife Lovey, was accustomed to a certain lifestyle, that under my current circumstances I cannot provide, so your message couldn't have came at a better time! With winter rapidly approaching here in the states, I don't think we would do very well with all the cold air. A move further south would be best I think. A warmer climate, a new boat, and the opportunity to rehire my first mate Gilligan again!!!

I think our new partnership will make all of our dreams come true!

I will do whatever needed to facilitate our transaction. Confidentially of course.

As mentioned Capt Brain, my current state of financial affairs and living conditions are not what I have been accustomed to. Lovey and I are sharing the accommodations of my good friend Professor Roy Hinskey. I shouldnt give his address out (of course you can understand, with the nature of our agreement, I think its best we keep this discrete). I am immediately going to contact my sister Mary Ann (she lives in Key West now. She tired of the Iowa winters too), I believe she told me there will always be a place for me there.

I will immediately make arrangements to relocate today.

I am so excited! What great news! when you and I finish this transaction we will both be very happy and rich! I will look like the resident genius when this is all over!

I must ask you........the money, it is safe and in a secure location?

And yourself? Do you not fear others will find out and steal/rob you before we finish??

Sincerely,

your friend Skipper

he got off the hook after that email.

E

THAT WAS AWESOME!

Only one small detail you left out, what about the movie star? Did you leave out Ginger because it would seem fake or is because she was just a ho?

Comment

Freaking golden. Nice work!

Comment

Some of the Boomers (reference the other thread,,,,) around will remember the famous thread on TOS, I think the author ended up using the pen name of Capt. McGillicuddy, and it went the distance. A real Nigerian took photos with various objects and the author posted some funny stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by the other tom View Post
          Some of the Boomers (reference the other thread,,,,) around will remember the famous thread on TOS, I think the author ended up using the pen name of Capt. McGillicuddy, and it went the distance. A real Nigerian took photos with various objects and the author posted some funny stuff.....
          Yep.
          i remember iit

that was quality stuff !!

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
            THAT WAS AWESOME!

Only one small detail you left out, what about the movie star? Did you leave out Ginger because it would seem fake or is because she was just a ho?
            She was gonna be in my follow up, but he never replied.

essentially I found out lovey was a bore.
            And that I found a hot young actress named Ginger thay was going to help us .

something like that.

Comment

My project manager is Nigerian…

I deal with scams every day.

Comment

That’s hilarious
                From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

The one place you never want to ship to from ebay sales is Nigeria . Just check them off as a place you don't ship to. I didn't find out the hard way but I've heard stories.

Comment

Thanks!!! Too funny.,,.

BWP

Comment

I get the scam emails that want to transfer money to me from a long lost uncle. I always respond. Once they start asking for more contact info like address and phone numbers I give them everything for the Whitehouse.
                      Usually don't hear back after that.

Comment

A scam I've heard of and I can see how easy it can be to get people to fall for it - You check into a hotel and you get a call to your room that there is a problem processing your credit card although it did show it went through earlier. You can come down or just give me a little information and we'll take care of it.
                        You may feel it is legit because you were just down there and who else would know that except the desk.
                        The scammer has no idea who you are because he just called the hotel and said please connect me to room ( for instance ) 402 .

Comment

The saddest part?? People actually fall for this.
                          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                          Mobile, Al.
                          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Yes sir, I intervened in a scam concerning one of my dads friends wife. The guy had her scared to death that something would happen to her grandson if she did not send money to him. After talking to the guy he called her a few more times while I was with her. I called her daughter in law and explained what was going on. She never sent the money but she was at my store trying to wire him money when I caught on to what was happening.
                            From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by savedbygrace View Post
                              Yes sir, I intervened in a scam concerning one of my dads friends wife. The guy had her scared to death that something would happen to her grandson if she did not send money to him. After talking to the guy he called her a few more times while I was with her. I called her daughter in law and explained what was going on. She never sent the money but she was at my store trying to wire him money when I caught on to what was happening.
                              Same thing happened to my MIL. They called her and said our daughter was in an accident and injured. She was drunk and in jail. They even went as far as to put a girl on the phone saying she was my daughter. When my MIL said this doesn't sound like "Sarah" she told her that her nose was broken in the "car crash" and she needed $5000 wired to some account to get her out of jail. Instructed her to go to Wells Fargo and wire it to an account. She finally called me and I told her that it was a scam and "Sarah" was perfectly fine and at work. She doesn't even drink.

The sad part? Was that even though I am telling my MIL that it's a scam, she is constantly say, "Are you sure? She said she was injured and in jail". She actually made me angry because she wasn't listening. But, that is how convincing these scammers can be.
                              As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                              2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                              2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                              Mobile, Al.
                              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Working...
                              X