Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...no, not Dollars. Miles, vehicle miles.
    I just turned 300k miles on my truck a little while ago on my way home. It is a 2003 F350 4x4 crew cab 6.0 Diesel. I bought it with 100k in 2007 pretty cheap. I was going to trade it in, but decided to run it until it dies. I just spruced it up a bit. New headlights, tag lights, cowl plastic parts, seat covers, a new stereo, amp, speakers & subwoofer.
    Cheaper to keeper. I think she'll keep me too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190_Original.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	629.3 KB
ID:	117628

Good advice..
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Yer not in the rust belt I take it?

Comment

I have had 6 Diesel F350's and ran every one of them past 400k. My longest was to 480k. Dealer offered me $2k for it when I was buying my last one. I laughed and sold it in 2 days on Craigslist for $9,000.

Damn good trucks.

Comment

Sweet !!!

Hell, even after it dies, if it's not a rust bucket then just put a new motor in and restore it and get another 300,000 miles.

Comment

Scary thing that is the 6.OH, yet still running well!

Hats off to you!!!

My 2007 Ford Ranger now has 263,000 miles as of this week, I hate new vehicle prices, I plan on keeping this truck till I retire, I also have to seeing as my wife let me buy that new outboard in February.
            Long live stewardship!

BWP

Comment

Yea, surprising. The 6.0 only has 10 head bolts. That is one of their design flaws and you have to stud the heads for more clamping pressure. For comparison, The Small Block Chevy has 17 head bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughed View Post
                Yer not in the rust belt I take it?
                Rust belt? That's really a thing of the past. We just don't see rusty cars anymore up here and I can't remember the last time someone, including myself, had to replace exhaust. I run my vehicles at least 8 years; not a sign of rust anywhere.

Comment

Not bad.

I had a 3 cyl Geo Metro I ran to 198k
                  One day I drove it down to Pine Island after hurricane Charley to see if my mom was ok. Drove home, parked it.
                  Couple weeks later I went to start it ....ceased up.

good car.

Comment

That was depressing^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

Rust belt? That's really a thing of the past. We just don't see rusty cars anymore up here and I can't remember the last time someone, including myself, had to replace exhaust. I run my vehicles at least 8 years; not a sign of rust anywhere.
                      My buddy has the same Truck, same year,as the OP, here in maryland...

It’s rusted all over. Frame, body, brake lines....

Comment

Originally posted by Jughed View Post

My buddy has the same Truck, same year,as the OP, here in maryland...

It’s rusted all over. Frame, body, brake lines....
                        I believe you, but he must drive in some extremely salty conditions and leave the vehicle outside year round.

Comment

Working...
                        X