Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate tax time..

That is all...
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

That makes two of us.
    From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by savedbygrace View Post
      That makes two of us.
      Just disgusting. I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. So irritating to pay out as much as I do and never get refunds, etc. All these people talk about what "they doin with tax refund". I haven't had a tax refund since 1998.
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Just did mine this evening. What a PITA. Even with Turbo Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

Just disgusting. I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. So irritating to pay out as much as I do and never get refunds, etc. All these people talk about what "they doin with tax refund". I haven't had a tax refund since 1998.
          Same here. I'm even retired, so no more paychecks. We're not wealthy, but we always write a bigger check, even now. Makes me grumpier when I watch what the dimwits do with it.
          Sanibel FL
          Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

Same here. I'm even retired, so no more paychecks. We're not wealthy, but we always write a bigger check, even now. Makes me grumpier when I watch what the dimwits do with it.
            Yep
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1 View Post
              Just did mine this evening. What a PITA. Even with Turbo Tax.
              Yes, same thing I use. Cost me $170 for the premium. I can get it cheaper but I'd have to input everything again. So, I pay the extra to save about an hour.

They always say that taxes haven't gone up, but that's a dang lie.

Could be worse I guess. I could be unemployed.
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I have my account do mine. Costs a bit more but it's a lot easier and less chance of me making a mistake and getting in trouble. Did it a couple weeks ago. It's still a pain in the ass but I don't have to deal with it till next year...Charlie
                Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mako runner View Post
                  I have my account do mine. Costs a bit more but it's a lot easier and less chance of me making a mistake and getting in trouble. Did it a couple weeks ago. It's still a pain in the ass but I don't have to deal with it till next year...Charlie
                  People keep telling me to us a professional but what are they going to do for me?? It's pretty straight forward.
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

People keep telling me to us a professional but what are they going to do for me?? It's pretty straight forward.
                    For me it's easier and faster to write a check but the real reason is peace of mind knowing someone who knows what they are doing did it and will answer the IRS if there is a problem...Charlie
                    Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

Like the song says, "All my excess go to taxes".

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

I thought I heard numbnuts had a plan to tax you retirees (your 401 retirement type stuff)

Comment

Waiting for Pedo Joe's 2800.00 to show up so I can pay the IRS 1300.00 of it. I have it to pay but why not use the "free money" I'm getting. It would have been more but the IRS didn't send us our 2nd "free money" so we were able to take a 1200.00 credit on our 2020 taxes.

Also taking advantage of the tax deadline extension again this year. I wait until a few days before the deadline to give them my money as they will just piss it away anyway.

Paid 2019 taxes last year with my first "free money" check.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Mucky View Post

I thought I heard numbnuts had a plan to tax you retirees (your 401 retirement type stuff)
                            That is probably my #1 hot button, right after college loan forgiveness, and free everything for everyone else. We worked hard and prudently saved for both our entire lives, so we don't need to depend on the gubmint. Our 401/IRA type investments also get a wee bit better return than the Social Security "trust" we poured money into for 50+ years, and is being pee'd away too. The primary goal seems to be to make everyone a dependent.
                            Sanibel FL
                            Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Y'all aren't happy to be spending 60 million a week to care for unaccompanied minors ?

Comment

Working...
                              X