Small rant..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small rant..

I have one of my cancer meds delivered from the specialty pharmacy at MD Anderson. This medicine is about $500 a pill.. I take 2 of these daily. This is one of many... FedEx has screwed up 3 out of 4 deliveries this year. They lost the package in January. Delivered to the wrong address in February and April (today). March was late, but got to me.

So, I call FedEx and a guy I can barely understand tells me to "put a phone number on my account so I can be contacted when delivery is to be made and they can't find my house". I told this guy that my number IS on my account, and that the driver did indeed deliver the package, just to the wrong address.. Again...

I went on to explain that if these medications are lost, no one is going to want to pay this claim and I am going to be out my treatment meds until it is resolved. He sputtered out that adding my number to the account would help and thanks for calling FedEx.. When I repeated that they delivered to the wrong address again, he said only the shipper can change the delivery address and that they need to call FedEx, and hung up..

I just don't get it.. What has happened to these companies??? FedEx used to be MONEY when it came to express deliveries..
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Do you get mail at your house everyday? Maybe try US Postal Service express delivery if your shipper will use them.

Comment

Not sure if it would be of any help, but perhaps try calling the specialty pharmacy that is shipping your medications and explain to them the issues you're encountering with Fedex. They may be able to offer a suggestion, or a shipping alternative. Another thought, do you have a health advocate through your insurance? Contact them and let them know what's been happening.

I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Sorry to hear what you're going through.

Comment

Jeez. I hope this gets worked out.
        Brad has a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
          Do you get mail at your house everyday? Maybe try US Postal Service express delivery if your shipper will use them.
          That's just as bad.. I have "Informed Delivery" service through he post office and I know what is coming every day. About half the time, I do not get the mail I am supposed to for a few day. Snail mail is BAD...
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1 View Post
            Not sure if it would be of any help, but perhaps try calling the specialty pharmacy that is shipping your medications and explain to them the issues you're encountering with Fedex. They may be able to offer a suggestion, or a shipping alternative. Another thought, do you have a health advocate through your insurance? Contact them and let them know what's been happening.

I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Sorry to hear what you're going through.
            I did and just got off the phone with them (Specialty Pharmacy). We are adding notes to the delivery label, but I am going to probably have it sent to my work.
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Is it the same driver? It usually is the same guy on a specific route. Wait for him and have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him. I bet it gets delivered to the correct address after that.

Comment

So this is basically a life or death shipment that is very expensive.
                I am going to email those cunts and tell them your story.
                This is unacceptable!

Comment

My wife saw him, and no, it's a different driver.. But I will speak to him when I see him..
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
                    So this is basically a life or death shipment that is very expensive.
                    I am going to email those cunts and tell them your story.
                    This is unacceptable!
                    Do you know someone with FedEx? I finally got through to a human and if he could care any less about something else, I'd like to know.. He was totally disengaged..
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

All Fedex trucks/drivers are independent contractors. I work on a lot of the trucks for the local Fedex guys. We have a hub in my hometown. Several years ago Fedex corporate instated a policy that demanded you own more than three trucks and three delivery routes. If you were an independent owner operator and couldn’t afford to buy two more trucks you had to sell out. Most of the larger owners I deal with have over 20 trucks and routes each.

My point being....get the name of the business off the side of the truck (it has to be there to comply with federal guidelines) and get the truck unit number. If you are lucky the driver will give you his owners name and phone number (all of the owners I deal with no longer drive one of the trucks). Then you can reach out directly to the man that can make a difference. If he doesn’t give the info to you then just google the business name and get the info that way. Just a suggestion.
                      95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
                      Seaford, De
                      Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
                        All Fedex trucks/drivers are independent contractors. I work on a lot of the trucks for the local Fedex guys. We have a hub in my hometown. Several years ago Fedex corporate instated a policy that demanded you own more than three trucks and three delivery routes. If you were an independent owner operator and couldn’t afford to buy two more trucks you had to sell out. Most of the larger owners I deal with have over 20 trucks and routes each.

My point being....get the name of the business off the side of the truck (it has to be there to comply with federal guidelines) and get the truck unit number. If you are lucky the driver will give you his owners name and phone number (all of the owners I deal with no longer drive one of the trucks). Then you can reach out directly to the man that can make a difference. If he doesn’t give the info to you then just google the business name and get the info that way. Just a suggestion.
                        I have heard this before, and have seen a few "white van" type vehicles with FedEx stickers on them, however, these trucks (for the most part) are plain FedEx trucks. Like these.. No other names..

Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I would still ask the driver who he works for. My Fedex customers have vehicles identical to those and some of them (for whatever reason) don’t have their business name decals on them. I can ask a couple of my customers what they think about the situation.
                          95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
                          Seaford, De
                          Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by NO WAKE View Post
                            I would still ask the driver who he works for. My Fedex customers have vehicles identical to those and some of them (for whatever reason) don’t have their business name decals on them. I can ask a couple of my customers what they think about the situation.
                            Thanks.. If they have a way to contact someone besides the customer service number available to the general public. It takes a LONG time to get to a living person. They use an automated system that just will not allow you to speak to a rep..
                            Mobile, Al.
                            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

We ship out a decent amount of 2 day and overnight Fed EX. Don't want to jinx myself, but for the most part they are pretty good. I wonder if its a local terminal thing or local driver thing. This seems to happen to you too often.
                              Andrew Munao Jr
                              Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                              888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Working...
                              X