My new car got hit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 posts and not one “ it’ll buff out” !

Comment

Thanks everyone and I think this is going to drag out for a while. As suggested I will be getting Ford parts. Collision center says it is taking a while to get parts from Ford. I'm in no hurry ,which is good because everyone is backed up. Getting an x-ray this morning and I contacted my insurance company. They will contact the guy's insurance and it's just a matter of patience and going through the steps . I don't anticipate legal assistance unless the x-ray shows something or the mild pain continues.

Comment

Keep track of any lost work time and your doctor visit expenses including medication. My brother is still fighting with another drivers insurance company (that driver was at fault) over lost wages and medical expenses. About 1 1/2 years now. Sad.
        95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
        Seaford, De
        Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by Still Learning View Post
          15 posts and not one “ it’ll buff out” !
          It's an Escape.......but your correct...😆

What have we learned from this???

Comment

Originally posted by Lprizman View Post

It's an Escape.......but your correct...😆

What have we learned from this???
            Hey, it's an Escaper Titanium with all the bells and whistles . 😁 No match for the bumper of a Jeep like this-

but this is a city car - no too big and not to small . Test drove the Edge and our son has an Explorer . Both seemed a bit too bulky for our needs. I have larger vehicles but didn't think I needed one to go get a breakfast sandwich.

Comment

On line at MickyDee's, I guess your FORD didn't ESCAPE?

Sorry being stupid on you, that sucks and lowers the resale value on top of it all. Sorry man.

Comment

Ok Kemper, contacted my attorney for you. Seems like you have a lot of options. 1. Sue McDonalds because their slow service prevented you from moving forward thus being able to avoid the near fatal accident. 2. Sue the jeep owner. I assume you are a lesbian transvestite Asian with 6 toes and a speech impediment. This was very likely a hate crime thus allowing for higher punitive damage. 3. Sue Ford and Jeep because their collision avoidance system did not work. He/she/it did admit that the vehicle being white could allow for a countersuit unless it identifies as another color. Let me know if you want his/her/it’s number.

Comment

Wow, 2k miles and a hit. That sucks, hopefully the insurance Co will not try and be cheap. Keep on their butts and get estimates at shops you choose. Not just theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
                    On line at MickyDee's, I guess your FORD didn't ESCAPE?

Sorry being stupid on you, that sucks and lowers the resale value on top of it all. Sorry man.
                    Yeah a bummer on the diminished value . I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, so I don't really feel that is going to hurt me. I have a 98 Durango that I bought in 99 and a 99 Dodge truck I bought around 2002 . I believe both have a little over 100k miles on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahoy Vay View Post
                      Ok Kemper, contacted my attorney for you. Seems like you have a lot of options. 1. Sue McDonalds because their slow service prevented you from moving forward thus being able to avoid the near fatal accident. 2. Sue the jeep owner. I assume you are a lesbian transvestite Asian with 6 toes and a speech impediment. This was very likely a hate crime thus allowing for higher punitive damage. 3. Sue Ford and Jeep because their collision avoidance system did not work. He/she/it did admit that the vehicle being white could allow for a countersuit unless it identifies as another color. Let me know if you want his/her/it’s number.
                      Ha. 😀 I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
                        Wow, 2k miles and a hit. That sucks, hopefully the insurance Co will not try and be cheap. Keep on their butts and get estimates at shops you choose. Not just theirs.
                        Will do and have already checked with the local shop that does professional work and uses original parts. The insurance companies here generally have their own estimators and work with the body shop of your choice if they are on their list , and this one is. They agree to the estimates and if the shop finds damage that is not apparent until work progresses the insurance company will pay for additional items that are not on the original ticket.

Comment

A little update- The guy's insurance admitted 100% fault. Police report shows the guy said he accidently hit the gas instead of the brake. I have my car at collision center and they are doing an estimate on repairs and coordinating with the guys insurance who called me today.
                          They said car may be considered a loss ( totaled ) but weren't sure yet. They would have to pay m for repairs plus diminished value and continue to pay for the rental car while repairs are being made, so I guess this all figures in to their determination.

Car only had 1200 miles so to find similar vehicle ( which I believe would be the point they go by ) the only option I can find is buying new. New 2020 Escape Titanium with added premium package is about 41,000 dollars. Hard to believe there is enough damage to mine for that to be in their best interest, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post
                            A little update- The guy's insurance admitted 100% fault. Police report shows the guy said he accidently hit the gas instead of the brake. I have my car at collision center and they are doing an estimate on repairs and coordinating with the guys insurance who called me today.
                            They said car may be considered a loss ( totaled ) but weren't sure yet. They would have to pay m for repairs plus diminished value and continue to pay for the rental car while repairs are being made, so I guess this all figures in to their determination.

Car only had 1200 miles so to find similar vehicle ( which I believe would be the point they go by ) the only option I can find is buying new. New 2020 Escape Titanium with added premium package is about 41,000 dollars. Hard to believe there is enough damage to mine for that to be in their best interest, so we'll see.
                            The way it is these days, cheaper to go new than to repair.
                            Good to hear they are standing by it tho.
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1
                            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Better to get a new car if possible. Cars that have been hit never seem to be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

Typically if the repair exceeds 75% of the valve of the vehicle the insurance company will total it. Here’s where it gets sticky! Arriving at an agreed upon value! The insurance company is going to use Kelly Blue book or comparable sources to arrive at that value. Typically on the lower end. If you do not agree with their assessment then you have to dig your heels in and fight them.

Basically their job is to pay out as little as possible! As you stated to replace your vehicle will be expensive so it’s worth your time to get every dollar you can for your vehicle. Otherwise you are going to receive a check for whatever amount they give you.

I deal with insurance adjusters every day at work. I write all of the repair estimates for our shop. Good luck dealing with them.
                                95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
                                Seaford, De
                                Curtis

Comment

Working...
                                X