My new car got hit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new car got hit !

I was just done ordering my breakfast sandwich at McDonalds this morning and got hit from behind . The guy that hit me was in line behind me and had a new jeep with a large bumper up front and had hardly any damage.
    I think what happened was that he has the same system I have which I believe in called "park assist " When you are stopped like we were you can take your foot off the brake and the vehicle will not move forward on it's own ( by idling in gear ) . You have to touch the gas pedal for it to move forward and he touched his too hard or his vehicle malfunctioned.
    A lot of damage to my vehicle for just being in line at the frickin drive thru and getting hit from behind by someone from a stop position.
    Now I have the hassle of going through the process of getting my vehicle fixed and settling with his insurance. I don't anticipate any problems as he seems to be fully insured .

Click image for larger version

Name:	escape damage.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	116437

Man I hate that. Glad you're okay.
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Sorry man, that sucks
      Thinking 34’ Fountain TE w/ trip 300’s
      Or Possibly 33’ or 36’ Frontrunner
      Got to get with Prop next week

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Awful, hate it for you...
        Alabaster, AL
        Mobile, AL
        2003 Pro Line 22 Bay, Yamaha SX200TXRC

Comment

Sorry Gary, the only silver lining is he admits and has insurance, the damage looks extensive for slow speed.
          Best of luck!

BWP

Comment

Fook.
            Glad you are oK.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Wow. Glad you’re okay!
              From down the bayou, South Louisiana.

Comment

That does seem extensive. Glad you are ok and hope you get loss of value included in settlement.

Comment

That stinks. Yep. Loss of value. Rental car and NEW not used or off brand parts. You may have to fight for those since most insurance companies are geared to making the lowest possible offer first!
                  95 Stamas 32' CC twin 250 Mercs
                  Seaford, De
                  Curtis

Comment

Yikes!!!!!
                    toughest question is how will you feel 4-5 days from now?..?.?..
                    Glad no one was injured

Comment

Man that does suck! Makes you want to fav up some ugly steel bumpers with push bars just to protect from bad drivers! Even though you get it fixed for free, the overall value and constant wonder of did they fix everyrhing makes the car worth less than it was. Hope they do a nice job. I would try to find a third party body guy to look it over, you’d be surprised at what they will see that you won’t.

Comment

Thanks guys. A little sore this morning on left back . I was at a complete stop with foot on brake and Wham . When I got out of car and reached for my hat I found out it was in back seat.
                        Yeah, I will be going for new parts, a rental and loss of use. I owe nothing on the car and have lifetime bumper-to- bumper because I didn't want to worry about car repairs. If it were just the hatch I would get one from Ford but there is more damage than that so it will be going to the collision center.
                        Hope it isn't too bad but cargo floor has some damage that can be seen from outside. Less than 2k miles on vehicle.

Comment

A lot of bad things happen at the drive thru. I’m sorry you got caught up in that.
                          2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Jeez that sux

Hopefully your well and the repair is hassle-free

Comment

Yea, the morning after aches and pains. It doesn't take much of a jolt when it is unexpected. I hope it doesn't get worse and the pains subside.
                              When you get the car back from the shop, besides alignment, paint and body work, check it for water leaks with a hose. Water leaks will make your new car smell musty forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X