A Mention on TOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SIM View Post

We actually get that often. Example, We would sell a lot more engine computers if I didn’t ask questions about why they were replacing it to begin with. Every time we get an order for one, that Customer gets a phone call.
    An honest business man..
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro1 View Post

That place is amazing.

A Yam owner just reported a problem with the starting system. Says he hears only a click when the key is turned to the start position. Someone gave him the part number for the part that needs to be replaced.

What an incredible diagnosis.
      Did rejesturd make that recommendation? Surprised he didn’t suggest an intake air leak.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

An honest business man..
        They would probably want Sim to take the computer back if it didn't cure the problem. There generally is NO return on electronics, unless it is a core. Too easy to damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Billinstuart View Post

They would probably want Sim to take the computer back if it didn't cure the problem. There generally is NO return on electronics, unless it is a core. Too easy to damage.
          And that is precisely why they do not take electronics back.. People THINK they can do "it".. when in reality, they have no idea what goes into fixing something.. Believe me, for someone like me, it's hard to accept.. I grew up running around in muscle cars and old 4 wheel drives.. I have restored several International Scouts over the years, but that doesn't make me qualified to work on this new stuff.. My hats off to those who have kept up with the times and re-certified each time something new rolled out.

Many, many moons ago, I worked for AutoShack, when I was about 19.. An in between job.. I actually liked it.. This was before computers and all we had were big manuals to cross reference.. Even then, ALL electronics, major parts (starters, alternators) we nonreturnable once installed.. People would buy it just "hoping" that was the problem..
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

And that is precisely why they do not take electronics back.. People THINK they can do "it".. when in reality, they have no idea what goes into fixing something.. Believe me, for someone like me, it's hard to accept.. I grew up running around in muscle cars and old 4 wheel drives.. I have restored several International Scouts over the years, but that doesn't make me qualified to work on this new stuff.. My hats off to those who have kept up with the times and re-certified each time something new rolled out.

Many, many moons ago, I worked for AutoShack, when I was about 19.. An in between job.. I actually liked it.. This was before computers and all we had were big manuals to cross reference.. Even then, ALL electronics, major parts (starters, alternators) we nonreturnable once installed.. People would buy it just "hoping" that was the problem..
            But my $59 code reader said.....

Comment

But my $59 code reader said.....
              I almost posted something about the code reader but felt I had said enough.. Lol.. You're right though..
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Trying to troubleshoot a modern outboard without a computer, the proper program and a fuel pressure gauge is like me trying to catch fish.
                90% of issues with newer Yamaha's is fuel related.
                Others, not so much.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                  Trying to troubleshoot a modern outboard without a computer, the proper program and a fuel pressure gauge is like me trying to catch fish.
                  Others, not so much.
                  When you say fuel related, do you mean water in the fuel, old fuel?
                  Mobile, Al.
                  Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

When you say fuel related, do you mean water in the fuel, old fuel?
                    Traditionally speaking Yamaha's are very strong electrically.
                    When troubleshooting it most times has something to do with fuel.
                    - Lack thereof.
                    - Bad.
                    Bad can be many things, but, it's not good. :-))))))
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

[email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

Did rejesturd make that recommendation? Surprised he didn’t suggest an intake air leak.
                      That guy is a work of art is he not?

Comment

And then blast him when would not take it back. Or blast Yamaha. It is always someone else's fault.

Comment

Others, not so much.
                          That low you think?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro1 View Post

That low you think?
                            When you get down to it, probably not, more like 98%.
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1

[email protected]
                            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

When you get down to it, probably not, more like 98%.
                              I think we are hitting on all cylinders here.

Comment

An honest business man..
                                Yes , but I also don't want to go through the refunding process. Hard to return a used ECM to Yamaha.
                                Andrew Munao Jr
                                Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                                888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Working...
                                X