Bote Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fires made the Drudge report. The combined value of the 2 yachts was 22 million dollars according to the news report.

Comment

It made TOS as well, someone's going bankrupt, no other way out!
      BWP

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
        It made TOS as well
        BWP
        Well that makes it official! 😂😂

I doubt there is one sub (or even all of them combined)that carries a policy that high to fully cover a loss like that.
        First I ever heard of a DYI bote yard. Need to get off the island more. Thankfully no one was hurt.
        Andrew Munao Jr
        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
        888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Well that makes it official! 😂😂

I doubt there is one sub (or even all of them combined)that carries a policy that high to fully cover a loss like that.
          First I ever heard of a DYI bote yard. Need to get off the island more. Thankfully no one was hurt.
          Andy,
          Times, there are a changing.
          There are not as many full service yards as there used to be down here in the big bote market.
          LMC, Rybovich, Dania Superyacht are all or mostly D.I.Y.
          They will haul the bote, charge you storage (alot) and you can select your own subs and pay direct. Yacht s and engineers are now Project Coordinators and that provides for interesting scheduling sometimes.
          The yards run with minimal employee's and liabilities. I never thought it would work, well, it is big business. No loyalty, but big business.

Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
            Andy,
            There are not as many full service yards as there used to be down here in the big bote market.
            They will haul the bote, charge you storage (alot) and you can select your own subs and pay direct. Yacht s and engineers are now Project Coordinators and that provides for interesting scheduling sometimes.
            The yards run with minimal employee's and liabilities. I never thought it would work, well, it is big business. No loyalty, but big business.
            Sounds like lots of insurance lawyers got involved over potential for liability and decided things needed changing at some point not too long ago

Comment

Oh wow.. Sickening..
              2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Andy,
                Cracker Boy in Riviera was DIY in the mid 80s. Supplies were supposed to be purchased from them unless you had a panel van to smuggle everything in and periodically purchase from there to avoid suspicion.

Comment

Andy,
                  I wonder what that DYI agreement looks like between the yard and owner and the yard and subs/dyi'ers. Maybe they require a rider to cover the value of the yacht they are working on? Or the owner signs off on holding the yard responsible for anything? Interesting business model. I wonder how they work out electrical, compressed air supply, stuff like that.
                  Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

Ok, so, now you have two (2) sunken hulls, one 107' and the other161'.
                    Where do you haul them, store them, dispose of them?
                    Lohengrin (161) isn't hard, it's a steel hull (I think), or alu-min-ium, but the 107'? FRP baby, not easy to dispose of.
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

[email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

I wonder what that DYI agreement looks like between the yard and owner and the yard and subs/dyi'ers. Maybe they require a rider to cover the value of the yacht they are working on? Or the owner signs off on holding the yard responsible for anything? Interesting business model. I wonder how they work out electrical, compressed air supply, stuff like that.
                      I have an agreement somewhere around, it's like 10 pages long.
                      As for the other stuff, when I said they charge you, they CHARGE you. You pay for everything, even if you don't use/need it.
                      Electrical.
                      Garbage.
                      Air.
                      A/C towers.
                      Ladders.
                      Stuff like that.
                      EVERYTHING is charged for, and then some.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Ok, so, now you have two (2) sunken hulls, one 107' and the other161'.
                        Where do you haul them, store them, dispose of them?
                        Lohengrin (161) isn't hard, it's a steel hull (I think), or alu-min-ium, but the 107'? FRP baby, not easy to dispose of.
                        What a mess.
                        Andrew Munao Jr

Comment

Andy,
                          Often the subs pay the yard also for the privilege of working there. Stuff like soda blasting, thrusters is always subbed out.

Comment

I like it here...Im NOT! making my comment here like TOS....

Comment

Working...
                            X