Trolling Motor on 32 Sea Vee Finally In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling Motor on 32 Sea Vee Finally In

Well, she’s finally in. An 87 inch Minn Kota Terrova Offshore trolling motor on the 32 Sea Vee.

My electronics guy tested her today in a bay chop with a strong NE 20 knot wind and he was super impressed with how she held in spot lock mode (this is Eastern Long Island).

Boat is 100 miles away from home so won’t see and test her in person til this weekend. Will shoot a short video and post here and on TOS when I do. Blackfish (tautog) season opens this Friday and precision anchoring is key. My last boat (a 25 Cobia) had a Rhodan 84 inch trolling motor with the same spot lock technology and all I can say it is a gamechanger for anchoring.

Shes powered by three Group 31s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	032A0DD7-16D1-4375-9C20-93120A0D297E.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	64840

Well shit your stoked!

Comment

Wow, amazing that a Seavee can be held back, carry on.
      BWP

Comment

Good Dill
        Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

How did you work out the battery situation? Dedicated group or connected to existing?
          Andrew Munao Jr
          Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
          888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
            How did you work out the battery situation? Dedicated group or connected to existing?
            Three dedicated Group 31s with a dedicated charger. Had to get creative on location. I’ll snap some pics this weekend and share.

Comment

Below is a thread I started on TOS on this and the video explaining the install process. Abridged version: total cost, all in for me would have been $7,500. I paid a bit less since I'm part of Minn Kota's guide team but wanted to give people a real-world understanding of the costs involved.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...ing-total.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01HOo0IQIp4

Comment

Originally posted by Halkman26 View Post

Three dedicated Group 31s with a dedicated charger. Had to get creative on location. I’ll snap some pics this weekend and share.
                That would seem to be the best for everything, except cost.
                Those TM aren't cheap, we don't do any installs, but, at $7500, it ain't cheap.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

That would seem to be the best for everything, except cost.
                  Those TM aren't cheap, we don't do any installs, but, at $7500, it ain't cheap.
                  Ole, it's not, but for the type of structure fishing we do here in the Fall, it makes a world of difference. I had a charter yesterday where we were on our spot in seconds while other boats were struggling with wind and tide to anchor. It's definitely a "nice to have" but once you've had one and used it for a while, you'll want it on every boat (or bote) you own

Comment

NIce
                    Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Working...
                    X