Ole went a Cattin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ole went a Cattin.

Ok. If I was to post this on the TOS I would get slammed, but here goes.
    I had the opportunity to ride a FM 37 yesterday, this would be my second ride in a FM and fourth ride in a Cat.
    As for yesterday, boat belongs to a friend and it's going to GC on it's own bottom next week. It can certainly do that.
    We rode in SW Wind, 10knts, seas 1'-2' with a slight 2' swell, basically calm. Boat was light, 362 gals of fuel.
    Without getting in a pissing match.
    - No one is walking around one of these boats at 50+ knts, it was hard in these conditions, it ain't happening in 3'-5'.
    - Cruising at 50knts in 5'-7' is a myth.
    - It does handle waves that would make me think in my Contender, better, a fair amount better. But, it's a 37' boat for crying out loud.
    - It does have a bow steer to it.
    - I don't want to put it in a turn at 50+ knts.
    - And, for 500k+, they could have detailed it.
    - The expansion and quicker deliveries at FM shows.
    OK, it's a nice boat, got tons of room and will be a GREAT boat for what my friend has bought it for.
    But, I have reaffirmed that ALOT of what I hear, is influencing.
    I did not drive this boat and maybe she had some more in the tank, but, you would have had to work pretty had to get it.
    Numbers don't lie.
    Now, to be fair, she was doing 40knts, at 3700 rpm, burning .9gph. 37 boat with Quad F300's.
    My Contender 33T has Trip F300's, doing 40knts, I'm probably 4000? Burning 1.gpm. And holding on to my coffee.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0255.jpg Views:	4 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	63041
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0261.jpg Views:	4 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	63042
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0272.jpg Views:	4 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	63043
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0256.jpg Views:	4 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	63044
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0264.jpg Views:	4 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	63045
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0268.jpg Views:	4 Size:	105.1 KB ID:	63046
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0269.jpg Views:	4 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	63047
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0267.jpg Views:	4 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	63048
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0271.jpg Views:	4 Size:	139.3 KB ID:	63049
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0277.jpg Views:	4 Size:	151.6 KB ID:	63050
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Sorry for the focus on the one.

Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

My experience is limited in a Cat; but both I have run did bow steer and I believe that is unavoidable in a double hulled boat.

Comment

Nice, unbiased review
        What’s your opinion of the coffin box/lounger combo vs seat in front of console and detached coffin box?
        How long is the trip around without the shortcut?

This is my only hangup on the 35’, which is actually almost 36’
        When I was down last week they hadn’t popped integrated coffin box/ lounger out of mold yet so all I saw was the detached coffin box
        I've had the cad drawings a while but you can’t get a perspective from that.

I promise that my time at helm on 40’ Inv was no problem at 60 mph in 4’ GOM chop, but that’s different than Atlantic swells, and was straight into head sea.
        Beam sea is altogether different animal.
        With that said, look at Props averages from his trip to Abacos and back last month on the 40’
        He was hauling butt and averaging 50+ mph across GOM
        I don't recall his Atlantic numbers but he had his entire bloodline (parents, sister, kids) on the boat including his 5 month old son
        ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
        ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
        Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

I also like the video of running 50mph with the dock line hanging over transom off port corner.
          The props are saying “come to me, just a little farther”

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
            Nice, unbiased review
            What’s your opinion of the coffin box/lounger combo vs seat in front of console and detached coffin box?
            How long is the trip around without the shortcut?

This is my only hangup on the 35’, which is actually almost 36’
            When I was down last week they hadn’t popped integrated coffin box/ lounger out of mold yet so all I saw was the detached coffin box
            I've had the cad drawings a while but you can’t get a perspective from that.

I promise that my time at helm on 40’ Inv was no problem at 60 mph in 4’ GOM chop, but that’s different than Atlantic swells, and was straight into head sea.
            Beam sea is altogether different animal.
            With that said, look at Props averages from his trip to Abacos and back last month on the 40’
            He was hauling butt and averaging 50+ mph across GOM
            I don't recall his Atlantic numbers but he had his entire bloodline (parents, sister, kids) on the boat including his 5 month old son
            Yea, its a hike around that thing, if it was mine, I would want a cut through. However, it's a BA bunny pad you can put a helo on it, and that is what most of this boat is for, sandbaring.
            Props numbers where damn good on that Invincible, correct?
            My friend is pretty opinionated and he felt that FM knew what they where doing. (OK).
            Boat has Merc props on it, no idea which ones. We got 5200rpm, now, as stated, I wasn't driving.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Like you said if you posted this on TOS there would be a apocalypse. I guess the waves weren't big enough to get bow sneeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
                Like you said if you posted this on TOS there would be a apocalypse. I guess the waves weren't big enough to get bow sneeze.
                No, but the boat shutters.
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]com
                www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Props numbers

Click image for larger version

Name:	5E1A96BE-681F-4BD8-9346-4530DB5B7D73.png
Views:	100
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	63061

Comment

No doubt Freeman established a new bar in offshore fishing cats
                    Does that mean others don’t come along and do a better job? Nope
                    Billy set the bar, now others are raising it, or at least attempting to

Comment

I was worried, about the catting, Ole! Now not so much!

All out of my league, now Joey's friend prop with the Invincible run last month, that is, was fascinating, more comment on that run please.

I'll stick to my 18 footer fishing 5-6 hour trips, I'm a fair weather boater and I admit it!.

Continue Catting!
                      BWP

Comment

Well done Ole..
                        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
                        Mobile, Al.
                        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

You sir, are treading on thin ice here. The mere mention that this boat may have actual limits, is blasphemous.

Comment

That's the nicest post anyone has ever made about a Cat Ole. There was one by us 3 days ago and I asked him how it went in the Exumas.... experienced guy who runs the same shallow water routes as us..... the response was similar to your guys.

Comment

The Yukon can do it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20190909_082355.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	63132Click image for larger version

Name:	20190909_082304.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	63133
                              Engine Sales and Service