AFI wiper arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFI wiper arm

I had a wiper motor go bad. Got so hot it melted the plastic housing covering the motor.

Today i I went to pull the wiper motor and of course the wiper arm would not pull away from the motor shaft. I had to cut the base of the wiper arm to remove it from the motor. Looks like the replacement arm is almost $100. Anybody know if I can find something to fit at an auto parts store for less money?

Idk, but I would dang sure try.
    Might rust out a little sooner so hit it with a rattle can coat of Rustoleum on similar before installing, if you find one.
    After studying pic, almost looks like you could drill out the broken piece and pop-rivet a new one on.
    Surely somebody has that
    Good luck with that project, and pls let us know how it shakes out.
    ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
    ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Verado’s on order
    Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Originally posted by bh525 View Post
      I had a wiper motor go bad. Got so hot it melted the plastic housing covering the motor.

Today i I went to pull the wiper motor and of course the wiper arm would not pull away from the motor shaft. I had to cut the base of the wiper arm to remove it from the motor. Looks like the replacement arm is almost $100. Anybody know if I can find something to fit at an auto parts store for less money?
      Where are you buying $100 arms?
      These are listed at MSRP.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190819_065033.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	62345
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190819_065016.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	62346
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I was looking at the wrong model of wiper arm. Instead of $96 it is $36 and will be here Thursday.

I am still surprised Marinco makes a $96 wiper arm for a boat.

Installing a new wiper motor tonight. Last one got so hot it melted the plastic housing. Smells very burnt. Glad it didn’t catch on fire. I would like to know why the circuit breaker didn’t trip.

Comment

Working...
        X