Wellcraft starting to push into the large, go fast, CC market.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellcraft starting to push into the large, go fast, CC market.

Went to the Annapolis boat show yesterday and braved the rain and 58 degree temps for about 90 minutes. Saw the new Yamaha 1/2 tons. Fountain had a new 39NX in the water. Seakeeper has a different demo boat. And Wellcraft was showing off their new 352 Offshore (or whatever they call their CCs). It was clearly labeled as a preproduction prototype that will go into production for 2019. It’s a 35’. Wide enough to seat 3 at the helm. It had a seakeeper under the console, and I think a small berth inside. Hanging on the transom were 3 Verado 400Rs. MSRP: $500K, boat show price was $400K. The Fountain 34CC had 2 400Rs and a show price of $265K. The Wellcraft didn’t have a stepped hull which seemed a bit odd for a boat clearly aimed at high performance, especially when many other “ready to wear” brands are making modest inroads with them. Also odd was that it wasn’t labeled Scarab, it had a giant “Offshore” graphic in its place.

Aside from that, I tried another “best pit beef” sandwich that once again, lacked basic seasoning and was like knowing through show leather. It was too cold and too wet to hang around long after that.

I live on the Rhode River about 12 miles south of Annapolis and the Formula dealer is just up the river and around the corner from me. As a testament to the organizers skills in setting it up and breaking down the show, the Formula section was pretty well buried. And two hours after the show ended, I was sitting by the fire in my front yard, and first heard, and then saw 5 or 6 go past in the main part of the river, headed back to the dealership.

This thing?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	50851
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Looks like an overfed Fountain.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

I wonder who decided on the color break - looks like it has a load in its diaper.

Comment

Probably looks better sitting in the water, but till then----------, she looks, well fed.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
            This thing?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	50851
            That would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Porscheguy View Post

That would be it.
              Looks like a Wellcraft Scarab to me. Did you know a Scarab is also a large dung beetle found in Egypt! The Egyptians consider it sacred.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                Did you know a Scarab is also a large dung beetle found in Egypt! The Egyptians consider it sacred.
                Well, male horned dung beetles can pull 1,141 times their own body weight!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleH View Post

Well, male horned dung beetles can pull 1,141 times their own body weight!
                  I called malarkey on you sir.... until researching the male horned dung beetle and sure enough, they are capable of moving that much dung! It's very slow at work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

I called malarkey on you sir.... until researching the male horned dung beetle and sure enough, they are capable of moving that much dung! It's very slow at work right now.

No sheeeeeet!
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Those color breaks as you call them are pretty bad IMHO. Gold chain type of dudes. Maybe that is a viable market. We don’t see many around here. Thankfully. But... Even Carolina Skiffs and Seafox multi colored boats are a mess from a visual standpoint. Can’t stand them. Guess I am not the market.

Comment

Wellcraft is doing that color break with their whole model lineup.

Comment

Working...
                        X