Hardtop T'S vs Soft & Powdercoat vs Polished shiney stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Love the hardtops.

    As far as powder coat, many buyers just want new and shiny, color coordinated, not thinking about durability. Just like a shiny new car on the lot.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by TomS View Post
      Love the hardtops.

      As far as powder coat, many buyers just want new and shiny, color coordinated, not thinking about durability. Just like a shiny new car on the lot.
      Hardtops particularily with color undersides and powdercoat is very pretty

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

        They all sell with T-Tops
        The only time I sell a 20' and up CC without a T-Top is when there's a clearance problem

        Powdercoating has become very popular
        Early on there were some real horror stories but I think all of that has pretty much gone away for whatever reason
        Maybe the process is better now?
        Harder finish maybe and maybe less likely to chip
        I dont know why but we dont hear of the problems any more

        People really like Hardtops with matching underside color, all the lights and powdercoating
        Matter of fact, powdercoating thruout, leaning post, etc, not just the T-Top
        Yes sir, I agree with all the ttop applications and that’s definitely what sells these days. It was more of my personal preference.
        ‘12 Blackwood - 300 Verado's (for sale)
        '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
        '18 Fountain 38 - sold
        ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s (on order)

        Comment


        • #19
          I must be old school with my 20 CC. Bimini top. Didn’t realize it when I bought it, but now I prefer to fish inshore 95% of the time. Bimini goes into the garage and I can cast from anywhere in the boat. Not cool at the beach though. A lot of these guys with their powder coated this and that and seemingly dozens of rocket launcher rod holders don’t own a fishing rod. Not kidding. One fellow I knew even had twin engines on a late model CC. Didn’t fish, period..... I guess he got bored. sold it last year.

          I’ll post my favorite boat pic from the storage yard at some point.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hard top. Buy it once and you are done.

            Comment


            • #21
              Personally, I like bright anodized with a soft top. Although I don’t like a lot of soft tops I see. I prefer the thicker “double D-Ring” frame, not the single ring flat-top looking frames.

              That said, I would say 98 out of 100 of our boats get powder coat, and all our tops are hard. Underside color is probably 50% and growing in popularity. It’s what the customers want.

              I think it is both about keeping up with the Joneses, all the cool kids have powdercoat. And second the self perpetuating nature of dealers stocking predominately boats with powdercoat, and the majority of boats being bought from dealer stock.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by a7ewizard View Post
                Hard top. Buy it once and you are done.
                Yeah.............But........

                The material for the soft top is good for ten/20 years
                Replace it for maybe $500 +/-
                The hardtop can be $2000/$3000 or more
                It just does' not cypher

                That's boating

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Design59 View Post
                  Personally, I like bright anodized with a soft top. Although I don’t like a lot of soft tops I see. I prefer the thicker “double D-Ring” frame, not the single ring flat-top looking frames.

                  That said, I would say 98 out of 100 of our boats get powder coat, and all our tops are hard. Underside color is probably 50% and growing in popularity. It’s what the customers want.

                  I think it is both about keeping up with the Joneses, all the cool kids have powdercoat. And second the self perpetuating nature of dealers stocking predominately boats with powdercoat, and the majority of boats being bought from dealer stock.
                  I just speced out some boats for a friend, a new line
                  Did all the comparisons with all the competitors and scoped out who's stocking what and how the last two shows

                  Hardtops and powder coat is what's stoked and sold

                  Polished aluminum and a soft top makes sense but that aint what sells

                  Every wisecrack made in history if it begins with "boat" are all true

                  Damn things dont make no sense and never have

                  A white hull vs a color makes sense
                  Less maintanance and about $1000 less +/-
                  So, what sells.............................You betcha

                  Boats are made to sell and have nothing what so ever to do with logic

                  All the 20' and up CC'S I spec'd have hardtop T'S, color undersides and powdercoat
                  All have two tone color sides/bottoms/full hull color.........none white

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post



                    Boats are made to sell and have nothing what so ever to do with logic
                    There you go Mike. You hit the nail right on the head with that statement. It's not a matter of need. It's what they want and if they have the money they get what they want...Charlie

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post
                      22' boat
                      T-Top soft polished alum = $59,000
                      T-Top hard polished alum = $61,000
                      T-Top hard Powerdercoated = $62,000

                      Which one and why?
                      Tell me more about soft polished and hard polished aluminum. I have a 13 yo T-Top that has gotten a few compliments on how shiny the metal is. I don't do much other than wipe it down occasionally. So what's the difference? Never knew of these different types.

                      It was from Blue Water Towers in Boynton Beach, if that matters.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post

                        Tell me more about soft polished and hard polished aluminum. I have a 13 yo T-Top that has gotten a few compliments on how shiny the metal is. I don't do much other than wipe it down occasionally. So what's the difference? Never knew of these different types.

                        It was from Blue Water Towers in Boynton Beach, if that matters.
                        Actually, I didn't know there were two ?

                        Where's Design59 when you need him?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mako runner View Post

                          There you go Mike. You hit the nail right on the head with that statement. It's not a matter of need. It's what they want and if they have the money they get what they want...Charlie
                          It isn't the biblical version but my belief on the matter

                          Jesus got his guys out of the commercial fishing business and made them "Fishers of men"
                          Now, my thoughts on the matter are that the cost of maintaining the boats was getting way too expensive thus no more boats.
                          So, the sayings about boats go way far back and even Jesus wanted out of it

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

                            Actually, I didn't know there were two ?

                            Where's Design59 when you need him?
                            I’m here!
                            i think it’s a misunderstanding of what you wrote.
                            There is usually:
                            Annodized aluminum w/ a soft top.
                            Annodized aluminum with a hard top.
                            Powder coated aluminum with a hard top.

                            You rarely see powdercoat with a soft top.

                            There are really two types of aluminum. What you see generally in OEM is “bright dip” Annodized. That is the rougher finish with the shine. The other is polished, which you see mostly on aftermarket stuff. It is harder to work with in mass production and all the bends necessary for T-tops and hardtops.

                            A wise old old man taught me young that the goal was to turn fiberglass into bank deposits. So if powdercoated hardtops is what they desire, that is what they shall have!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I have a 1995 Pro Line with a aluminum ttop that is pretty weathered. What is the best way to polish/shine it up? Thanks

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Design59 View Post
                                So if powdercoated hardtops is what they desire, that is what they shall have!
                                How does that work out with Warranty from the factory? How long is it?

                                Engine Sales and Service
                                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                                Fx +1
                                954.463.4904
                                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

                                oparker@parkeryacht.com
                                www.parkeryacht.com

                                Member of the MSHS Group

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X