A little "sporty" today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little "sporty" today

Attempted to go from Nassau to Chub today. Made it 1nm into the 48nm trip and turned around. The beers at the hotel bar are tasting pretty good right now
    https://youtu.be/iMqUXSb9rhA

Last edited by MikeO; 01-11-2017, 03:00 PM.

Originally posted by MikeO View Post
    Attempted to go from Nassau to Chub today. Made it 1nm into the 48nm trip and turned around. The beers at the hotel bar are tasting pretty good right now
    https://youtu.be/iMqUXSb9rhA
    If you were in a Freeman, you would be floating on clouds.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Yep, good call. One mile out, one mile back - two hours of cleaning!
      '12 Blackwood - 300 VRods
      '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
      '18 Fountain 38 - in production

Comment

HA! someone posted a video of an invincible being filmed from a freeman the other day on tos. What they didn't post is that the invincible was being driven by a very inexperienced person who actually turned around a few miles out from Bimini and followed us to Cat to ask how the stream was. I let him know about ch16 for next time but he had a young family with white knuckles on board and needed to get back as they had been caught out by the weather. I want to go for a ride in a freeman at Miami but sharp turns in cats scare me! All we seem to do when navigating in the super shallow stuff between the islands are sharp turns.

We could have made it across today but we would have broken a bunch of stuff on the boat and I probably would have been a foot shorter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
          Yep, good call. One mile out, one mile back - two hours of cleaning!
          the squall that came through shortly after we tied up took care of the cleaning!

Comment

Ummm, so, did you use the dive gear you had on board? Looked like a snorkel might have come in handy.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

It sure would have, it was just not nice out.

on a side note the other video on my youtube page is my wife first wahoo 5 years ago, I had forgotten that I uploaded it. 110lbs from an inflatable yacht tender ! a fish I don't think I will ever beat
              Last edited by MikeO; 01-11-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

It sure would have, it was just not nice out.

on a side note the other video on my youtube page is my wife first wahoo 5 years ago. 110lbs! a fish I don't think I will ever beat
                Where's your YouTube page?
                '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold

Comment

The link at the top will take you there.

Comment

The link at the top will take you there.
                    '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold

Comment

The scene of my most challenging boating experience. We left Nassau headed for Chub in a 39' Tiara. On the way out of the harbor I saw both screws on a 42' Sea Ray come out of the water. 1NM out we couldn't turn around. We slogged through to Chub in just massive holes taller than the boat. About an hour after we checked in a 72' Viking came in and said everyone on the boat was barfing after their run from Nassau. No sympathy.

Comment

Seas on the weekends have been crappy for months now. I almost forget where the inlet is. Of course, Ive only got a 25', I'm old and fragile and generally dont like to get bounced around too much. Maybe I'll go test some props in the Intracoastal.

Comment

Looked like a bunch of slop. What kind of boat were you in?

That freeman v Invincible video was interesting. No doubt the freeman rides great but you could tell that the captain of the invicible may have been a tad inexperienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

If you were in a Freeman, you would be floating on clouds.

Only if it had G2 Etecs

Comment

Working...
                            X