Boat Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Suggestions

Can you give me a few suggestions of boats to look at when I am at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show at the end of this month? I am looking for a boat that has at least a double bed, preferably raised, a small kitchenette, head/shower so that we could spend weekends on it yet use it on a regular basis to go across Beaufort Inlet (pretty rough) to get to Shackleford Island or Cape Lookout. I would like to be able to trailer it so we can continue segments of the great loop but this is not a must have as we can always have a transport company haul it for us but I hate being at their mercy.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I had a Back Cove 29 for a few years. Wonderfully engineered and high quality components. Made by the Sabre folks and often called the poor man’s Sabre, although they’re far from cheap. It was a great weekender. The 29 isn’t made anymore but they still make a 30’. As to trailering, the 29 had a 10 1/2’ beam, so needs permits to move and I had to remove the radar tower from the top to,make height requirements. Mine had a single Yanmar diesel inboard which pushed it great and was very efficient .
    Have fun with your search!

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
      Bstnsportsfan commented
      Editing a comment
      This was exactly what I was going to recommend. Beautiful boats.

Do you have a budget, a max length, a company you will not buy from?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

https://www.jeanneauamerica.com/en/b...ery-interior_2
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	172611
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• LFBB
        LFBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Hard to size that out without something to scale it to.

• LFBB
        LFBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, I spotted that link, they make great use of space in that, shows smaller then 30' in my minds eye, but pretty impressive IMO. 18 degree deadrise, runs pretty good on 2X150's. https://www.jeanneauamerica.com/en/b...ery-exterior_4

• Parker Yacht
        Parker Yacht commented
        Editing a comment
        There Ya Go!
        Not bad really when you look at it.

Look at Beneteau. They own a dozen or so brands you know, including Jenneau. We were under contract for a Beneteau Swift Trawler 41 Fly since Feb, until we weren't, with recent events. The one we ordered is sitting in Cortez FL being rigged, beautifully equipped per our spec. Fabulous boat, twin straight shaft Yanmar 8LV's. Talk to Alex Wilkes at Viage Group, the absolute best.
      Sanibel FL
      2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer "Someday"

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
        Do you have a budget, a max length, a company you will not buy from?
        Budget of $500,000, max length of 40’ and am open to any boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastboater View Post
          I had a Back Cove 29 for a few years. Wonderfully engineered and high quality components. Made by the Sabre folks and often called the poor man’s Sabre, although they’re far from cheap. It was a great weekender. The 29 isn’t made anymore but they still make a 30’. As to trailering, the 29 had a 10 1/2’ beam, so needs permits to move and I had to remove the radar tower from the top to,make height requirements. Mine had a single Yanmar diesel inboard which pushed it great and was very efficient .
          Have fun with your search!
          I just googled Back Cove 29 and that is a beautiful boat! Definitely a contender!

Comment

Originally posted by Cregeis View Post

I just googled Back Cove 29 and that is a beautiful boat! Definitely a contender!
            TomS can tell you anything and everything about a Back Cove you could want to know. No better salesman!
            Please watch my podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXM...fTJ38kA/videos

Comment

I have seen these before but was weary because I think they are made in Poland. Don’t know anything about them, have you ever looked at one closely?

Comment

• Parker Yacht
                Parker Yacht commented
                Editing a comment
                I was on one at the last FLIBS. It wasn't bad. The Island Bed will be the Achilles heel and limit your options. I think the worse thing about this bote would be resale, and you have been SPOILED, you haven't lost money on a bote yet.
                Come On Man, be like the rest of us!

Has anyone ever looked closely at an Aquila? They look pretty good but I don’t know anything about them.

Comment

Ranger Tug 29 or 31? Though trailering may be a bit difficult, very capable boat for all your cruising.

https://www.rangertugs.com/models/mo...tegory/r-31-s/

Comment

Working...
              X