Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diurnal Vent Valve

Anyone know how to disable this puppy?

It's a little more sophisticated than the ping-pong ball in a cage I was expecting to see.
    Due to the outer surface corrosion I can't read a brand or model number on it.

I'm pumping all the old gas out of the boat while I have this off, plus it was my only simple access to get the gas out. I really hate to put it back, fully functioning, and continue to live with the incredible PIA of fueling the boat on the trailer.
    Bob

S Central PA

For some reason the pictures didn't post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2351.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	168602

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	168603
    Bob

S Central PA

Comment

I would love to offer some advice, not a clue, good luck!

BWP

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post
        Anyone know how to disable this puppy?

It's a little more sophisticated than the ping-pong ball in a cage I was expecting to see.
        Due to the outer surface corrosion I can't read a brand or model number on it.

I'm pumping all the old gas out of the boat while I have this off, plus it was my only simple access to get the gas out. I really hate to put it back, fully functioning, and continue to live with the incredible PIA of fueling the boat on the trailer.
        Is that for venting the tank?
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Not sure if this is the exact replacement, but similar::http://www.perkofuelsystems.com/comp...k_vent_valves/

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

Is that for venting the tank?
            Yes. Pretty sure it's just the EPA mandated crap. This valve is located at the extreme stern end of the fuel tank. Best I can tell a hose on the small barb goes to the other end of the tank and the fill vent. The large hose should go to the charcoal canister, but I can't see the canister.

I just want to be able to fuel the boat without it taking a 1/2 hour. If I'm at a gas station where I can't get the boat level, or ideally bow low (tank fill is at the bow end of the tank) it takes forever to get fuel in the boat due to constant tripping the shut-off. I have to hold the station nozzle so gas just trickles in.
            Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post

Yes. Pretty sure it's just the EPA mandated crap. This valve is located at the extreme stern end of the fuel tank. Best I can tell a hose on the small barb goes to the other end of the tank and the fill vent. The large hose should go to the charcoal canister, but I can't see the canister.

I just want to be able to fuel the boat without it taking a 1/2 hour. If I'm at a gas station where I can't get the boat level, or ideally bow low (tank fill is at the bow end of the tank) it takes forever to get fuel in the boat due to constant tripping the shut-off. I have to hold the station nozzle so gas just trickles in.
              The EPA mandated the OEM's put those in.
              Just take it out. You did not hear that from me. Put a cover properly sealed over the aft one, disconnect the hose going to the fwd one, and put a proper vent line from the fwd new fitting to the overboard vent. You may have to make a new cover plate for the front with a proper sized vent elbo, etc. Make sure the vent line runs straight to the overboard, not droops, etc, and have it come in from the top.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	168641
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1
              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment