Fuel burn Brag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel burn Brag!

Just bragging on my Mercury 150 4 stroke making fuel!

Just left Lake Okeechobee with a 1.7 hour run merely to burn some fuel and then fill!

Well, I filled up with 6.1 gallons, I always use the same pump with Rec90 and achieved a 3.58 gph!

Just here for the praise!!!

Woohoo πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Let the comments begin!

BWP

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
    Just bragging on my Mercury 150 4 stroke making fuel!

Just left Lake Okeechobee with a 1.7 hour run merely to burn some fuel and then fill!

Well, I filled up with 6.1 gallons, I always use the same pump with Rec90 and achieved a 3.58 gph!

Just here for the praise!!!

Woohoo πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Let the comments begin!

BWP
    Before you go off the deep end, what were your other numbers, because if that was 3,500 rpm your numbers .....ain't so good.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post

Before you go off the deep end, what were your other numbers, because if that was 3,500 rpm your numbers .....ain't so good.
      Actually that was 3000 rpm.

Boat in the water ready to fish is 3000 lbs, 20 degree deadrise, center console.

It's way better than my old school 115 2 stroke by 35-40% less fuel burn!
      I'll take it, making fuel was my weak attempt at boating humor.

BWP

Comment

That’s awesome! You can go almost 4 times as far as I can go on a gallon of gas! You are the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Cregeis View Post
          That’s awesome! You can go almost 4 times as far as I can go on a gallon of gas! You are the man!
          You know it and don't forget it!!

. !

BWP

Comment

I have the same Mercs on my boat and love them ! Easy to service and great on gas . Oh , and quiet too , I've anchored up and fished forgetting to turn them off .

Comment

What did that translate in to MPG?
              Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Originally posted by duckfish View Post
                What did that translate in to MPG?
                Due to some trolling speeds and very little wide open I'd say 5mpg, got to do some more napkin math!

BWP

Comment

• blaster
                  blaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s better than my 15 foot Whaler with a 75 ELPTO!

Wanna trade fuel "Economy"?

Comment

Same motor:

3700 Rpm, 24.2 mph, 4.91 gph - 21 foot cuddy cabin @ 1/2 tank of gas.

Overall, ran 80.4 miles, burning 18 gallons over about 4 hours, at various rpms under different conditions and rpms.

I love this motor and the VesselView Link setup with my Lowrance.

Comment

Levi and I ran his boat all day yesterday and burned 1 gallon on his Yamaha 2 stroke

I hope that helps.

(we caught no less than 35 trout and one lizard fish)

Comment

Working...
                    X