Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Yacht
    commented on 's reply
    Any girls sipping tequilia off the Fleet s naval on the BBG Dock?

• the other tom
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeO View Post
    That’s a whole lot of talent undertaking this by yourself!
    I'm 99 percent sure you would have done the same if it was your personal boat!!!

OP yachts, well we know what the liability situation could/is ......

and some follow up, we did a 4 day bahamas trip, genset never missed a beat, no issues whatsoever. Remind me not to attend a yacht club fishing tournament in August. (we did win, but counting deep drop, reef, and occasional mahi/skipjack is not that impressive....)

Big Game and Robbie/Cisco still rocks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Parker Yacht
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeO View Post
    MikeO.
    There is a TON of talent on this forum.
    - You want to fix a bote, catch fish, sail a saileybote (any size) (well, it is a hoot to see him in a Pram), reelestate, run a regatta, catch fish RUNNING a regatta, T.O.T is your man.
    - You want a FIRST class house/mansion built, sail a BIG sailybote, help in a regatta, supply PoleDancers, IlliBilli is your man.

Plus all the other folks we are learning about.
    Ohhh, and you. The fisherman of all fisherman, and can run a bote (motor) also.

Leave a comment:

• MikeO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• illibilli
    replied
    Damn Tom, I am totally impressed with all this. Much respect brother 🌊

Leave a comment:

• Coastboater
    replied
    Save that A-frame. Billinfla is building a guillotine 😀

Enjoy tremendously following along - thanks for posting 👍

Leave a comment:

• the other tom
    replied
    Genset extraction day today.....

Actually just the electrical back end. I have a new one in the garage, the old electrical side failed when exposed to a little too much salt water (it was under, and after every attempt to rinse, dry, WD-40, it still lazilly gave me 18 - 19 volts AC). 4 cylinder Kuboto diesel engine has 4000 hrs, so not really to the halfway mark. Dealer is Phasor in Pompano beach, very helpful guys, had a new back end on the shelf.

Separating the electrical side from the engine is a bit complicated, but first had to disconnect the whole thing, lift it and put PVC tubes under to roll it forward in the ER. Then I can access the coupling bolts, etc. (in its home, there is only 4" of headroom over the genset). Got that accomplished, separated the end, and then had to engineer a way to lift it out of the hole and onto the salon floor.. So I built an A Frame out of regular 2 x 6's and 2 x4's this morning, designed so that at full hoist the genset will clear the floor and I can slide a dolly or new base underneath.

Click image for larger version  Name:	genset in hole.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.6 KB ID:	164962

Some spare Sailing Bote parts helped.... Then, the 7:1 purchase allowed me to hoist it out, and clear the salon floor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	genset on floor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	164964

So stop and catch your breath, then slide the whole thing foreward to get it out of the way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	genset fwd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	164963

The A Frame slides fore and aft and is stabilized with "outriggers" on the engine boxes. This allows the genset to be moved foreward out of the way...

Click image for larger version  Name:	genset new.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	164965

I'll drink a few beers tonight and ponder the engineering problem of getting the new one out of my garage and into the cockpit. A crane at a certain yacht club comes to mind...

Leave a comment:

• jmike
    commented on 's reply
    Nice work. I hear they might be looking for a skilled guy over at Parker Yacht

• Sans Peur
    replied
    Pretty Work.

Leave a comment:

• Bstnsportsfan
    replied
    You did an amazing job on that patch!! Nice work!!

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    Looks good like it never even happened. Oh and by the way that is a beautiful boat. I am glad you saved it...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• the other tom
    replied
    So, to wrap up this post, the yard work is complete and we are scheduled to be launched tomorrow morning (Friday). The new Genset back end is in my garage, awaiting the boat to be brought home and the old genny removed. I honestly will have a hard time noticing where the damaged section was, and while we were on the hard I sounded all other fittings and suspect areas under the waterline. Found one fastener (older bronze self-tapping screw) that helps hold one of the raw water engine strainers (Sendure brand) on the outside of the hull was compromised, was able to remove, and inject thickened epoxy and drive a new one in.

Here is a shot of the finished repair:

Click image for larger version  Name:	hole complete.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	164390

Leave a comment:

• the other tom
    commented on 's reply
    That would for sure be an Insurance situation! Can only imagine the various possibilities involving responsibility not to mention the degree of unforeseen damage...

• Sans Peur
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, the marina called and said they saw diesel coming out of my bilge pumps. Fortunately one of my buddies lived nearby (I was 45 minutes away) and he ran over and cut the bilge pump wires so they wouldn't run. We pulled the boat and I had a guy come with a fuel polisher and 3 - 50 gallon drums. We sucked a little out of the tank and the rest from the bilge. It cleaned the fuel as we pulled it out.
    Only problem was before we put the boat back in we went to pump the drums and 2 of them were empty. Personally I think the yard guys stole it for the marina lift.

• Bstnsportsfan
    commented on 's reply
    150 gallons into the bilge? Sounds like a long cleanup.
Working...
X