Let's talk trailers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk trailers.

I haven't been able to find a buyer for my boat so I'm gonna buy a trailer for it and bring it home. Since I bought a new truck that can actually tow it.

I want a tri-axle trailer. But are there any stay away from brands?? Should I look for certain brands?? I'm gonna buy a slightly used one probably out of Florida because the huge cost savings vs here.

I’ve bought three custom tandem trailers, two Nextrails (Ocala) and one Charleston Trailer. All needed tweaking to fit their respective boats but we’re decent. An EZ Loader came under the boat I have, also decent. I like the sealed Vortex hubs by Tie Down, but the rest of their stuff I’m not a fan of. Kodiak for the brakes. SS hardware, LED lighting.
    As to who to avoid, seems I recall a thread on TOS about one builder in Miami, IIRC. Rocket, maybe?

Comment

One of my buddies own Ameritrail. He has built me a few triple axle trailers over the years that were great. As coastalboater said. Go all stainless hardware and LED lighting. I used Kodiac Disk brakes and had good luck with those, although I was diligent about spraying them off every time I used them. I went so far on my last trailer as to install a 6" pvc pipe with fresh water in it and would rinse them in the trailer lot after I put the boat in the water.

Stay away from the oil bath hubs. A buddy of mine had those on his 2300 Ranger Bay boat. Lost one of the little plastic hub pieces going down the road and didn't get very far from there before the hub locked up. With the pure grease ones they will at least last awhile if you lose the cap.

Oh, and especially with a triple axle trailer get 2 spare tires on it. I never hit something that it didn't take 2 tires out.

Comment

I have a Myco tandem trailer and absolutely love it. It is custom all welded for the Axopar hull though and each one is laser fit. They're pricey but use the best components available, and with proper maintenance, will last nearly forever. Unfortunately, they told me at FLIBS lead times are at least 6-9 months and they had a huge price increase in November due to aluminum costs they'd held off on. They can build whatever you want, triple, gooseneck, tilting, you name it and write a big check. Because they're custom, it would be rare to find one used.

http://www.mycotrailers.com

Sanibel FL
        Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Float on

Comment

for occasional short distance use anything that you can find used will work...........

Comment

Bunk.....no rollers

Comment

Once a trailer, any trailer, is submerged in salt water, the downward spiral begins. Doesn't matter who made it.
                That being said some last longer with better manufacturing, materials and components.
                - "C" Channel is better that I Beam, SS is better than galvanized (All SS on aluminum brings up different issues), and Kodiak is king.
                - Buying a small "Used" trailer can be more expensive than new, once you are done fixing all the unseen issue's.
                - Large trailers, $8k and more, sometimes cheaper to put new bearings in.
                - The "Only been in the salt water once, then stored" is like buying an engine with 100 hrrs and is 10 years old.
                - No amount of fresh water through a hose can combat being sunk in salt water.
                - I would never do aluminum rims or fenders again.
                As with some other mentioned.
                - LoadMaster/Boat Master.
                - Ameritrail.
                - Loadrite.
                For the record, I have bought at least 5 brand new trailers from the "Old" Rocket in Miama, over built them with next size larger I Beams, etc, they are still going strong.
                We have eight (8) trailers, between that and the forklifts is my biggest maintenance items.

Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1
                Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Hold on OP, you have a boat you can't sell? What kind of boat and what price?
                  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                  You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

2950 proline with evinrude G2s asking 45k for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post
                      2950 proline with evinrude G2s asking 45k for it.
                      Why not sell the engines desperate?
                      I'm betting you could get 16-20k for them.
                      Then the Proline will sell quicker. 20-22k, you aren't far from wha you are asking.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I am afraid to part it out then have a hull with no motors im stuck with.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam9066 View Post
                          I am afraid to part it out then have a hull with no motors im stuck with.
                          Post an add in Craigslist Miami. Without the engines.
                          Just say they aren't included, like a steering wheel I know.
                          See what kind of response you get.
                          Engine Sales and Service
                          Ph +1 954.463.1515
                          Fx +1

[email protected]
                          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211108_125508.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	142690
                            My Landoll 317c works well for me

Good luck finding a trailer for your needs.

BWP

Comment

http://www.rollsaxle.com/
                              Personal experience, I have none, but have heard very good things about them and never a negative.
                              might be worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X