Coolers that actually work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolers that actually work.

Took a buddy fishing a couple of weeks ago and put him on his first saltwater fish (slinger dolfin). He was thrilled. Anyway, he kept commenting about my old POS Igloo cooler and how you couldn't get the lid to shut unless you used both hand. The latches were on the lid and unless you held them both out one would always catch. It literally would not close unless you held both up at the same time. Hard to do with a cold beverage in one hand.
    I told him I wasn't paying $$$ for one of those Yeti's or something like it.
    So last week this shows up at my office
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210315_171253.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	115448 I called him and he refused to return it so I thanked him, put it on the boat and took the old POS off.

Yesterday we put a bunch of beverages in it and filled it with ice. After being on the deck in the sun all day and opened/closed a bunch it still had ALL the ice in it. Absolutely no water in the bottom.

Name:	20210327_175104.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	115449
    Then this morning I go look at it again and it still has 90% of the ice in it.

Name:	20210328_094004.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	115450
    This is absolutely the best cooler I have ever seen. I looked it up and he paid $200 for it.

My old POS would be all water by now. I would go home and use it for target practice if ammo wasnt so expensive.

I believe it.. I have a Yeti (came with my 23 TW I bought in 2016) and an "off brand" from a guy that makes them in Mississippi. Not a dimes bit of difference between them, as far as, how they hold ice. But.... My Hydrasport (2008) came with a Igloo Marine Extreme cooler for a "seat" in from of the console. That cooler would hold ice for about 3 days in the beating heat down here. In the direct sun during the day. That is what we kept our drinks and snacks in. Now, I'd drain it everyday and put more ice in it 3 total times while on the island for a week. The day we got there (normally Saturday), Monday and Wednesday. Then I'd clean all the coolers out Friday night. It always had ice and was still good and cold..

I was looking at this one (on line) the other day.. At Sam's Club..
    https://www.samsclub.com/p/lifetime-...=plp_product_1
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

You got a good buddy who appreciates opportunities he is given and surely knows how to reciprocate.....good on him!!! 👍

Comment

I have an off brand “Driftsun” 110 Quart cooler that does a great job holding ice multiple days. If you’re not hung up on brands, there are a ton of roto brands out there that will do the job....

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post
          I believe it.. I have a Yeti (came with my 23 TW I bought in 2016) and an "off brand" from a guy that makes them in Mississippi. Not a dimes bit of difference between them, as far as, how they hold ice. But.... My Hydrasport (2008) came with a Igloo Marine Extreme cooler for a "seat" in from of the console. That cooler would hold ice for about 3 days in the beating heat down here. In the direct sun during the day. That is what we kept our drinks and snacks in. Now, I'd drain it everyday and put more ice in it 3 total times while on the island for a week. The day we got there (normally Saturday), Monday and Wednesday. Then I'd clean all the coolers out Friday night. It always had ice and was still good and cold..

I was looking at this one (on line) the other day.. At Sam's Club..
          https://www.samsclub.com/p/lifetime-...=plp_product_1
          I have an 8 x 20 Lifetime shed I bought from Sam's. All-in-all, not bad. Doubt it holds ice very well though. Lol.

Comment

I inherited a 200 quart SSI with my boat when I bought it from my father in law eleven years ago. It serves as our fish box. I will never get rid of that thing. I think he said he bought it in the early 90's. The only thing wrong with it is the feet are wearing through on the bottom. I don't think SSIs are made anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
              Took a buddy fishing a couple of weeks ago and put him on his first saltwater fish (slinger dolfin). He was thrilled. Anyway, he kept commenting about my old POS Igloo cooler and how you couldn't get the lid to shut unless you used both hand. The latches were on the lid and unless you held them both out one would always catch. It literally would not close unless you held both up at the same time. Hard to do with a cold beverage in one hand.
              I told him I wasn't paying $$$ for one of those Yeti's or something like it.
              So last week this shows up at my office
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210315_171253.jpg Views:	52 Size:	4.43 MB ID:	115448 I called him and he refused to return it so I thanked him, put it on the boat and took the old POS off.

Yesterday we put a bunch of beverages in it and filled it with ice. After being on the deck in the sun all day and opened/closed a bunch it still had ALL the ice in it. Absolutely no water in the bottom.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210327_175104.jpg Views:	51 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	115449
              Then this morning I go look at it again and it still has 90% of the ice in it.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210328_094004.jpg Views:	50 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	115450
              This is absolutely the best cooler I have ever seen. I looked it up and he paid $200 for it.

My old POS would be all water by now. I would go home and use it for target practice if ammo wasnt so expensive.
              It's good to have friends like that.
              It also helps to "precool" the cooler, or as your has nothing in it, there is nothing for the ice to remove the heat from.
              If I am going somewhere for a week, I ice down the cooler the day before with the beverages, once you get the initial cool down out of the way L.I.G.
              I am in the Frigid Rigid Camp, not $200, but some of mine are some 20 years old now.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1
              Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

This one was full of soda and beer cans (not for me, I Never drink alcohol on the boat). Even with people going into it for drinks. It literally had no water in the bottom by days end. I was absolutely amazed.

Comment

Your friend has class.

He complained about your cooler and he put his money where his mouth is and bought you a new one.

Those are the kinda guys that always got an invite back when I did a lot of fishing trips.

Comment

Yea, I have a few like that. They never show up without something and are always there to help out when I am working on the boat. They are always considered permanent crew.

Comment

Working...
                    X