Who do you blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mako runner View Post
    Yes a whole lot of misinformation goes around on facebook and other social media. Hell we have had some here by people who don't post here anymore. And yes you tried to correct them in the past. But in reality the news media is just as bad about miss quotes or taking things out of context and telling half truths...Charlie
    Check out this headline on CNN today - Trump's magic is evaporating on the campaign trail

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/17/opini...lah/index.html

In the above " news " story ,besides the misleading title you'll see where it is reported - " All that wasn't enough, as Edwards won by 2%, receiving nearly 775,00 votes, even more than the 646,000 he won in the 2015 race. "
    An easy search looking at Wikipedia shows - " In the runoff, which was held November 21, 2015, Edwards defeated Vitter by a count of 56.1% to 43.9% "

So, last election ( 2015 ) where Dem Gov Edwards ran against a republican he won by about 12 % . This time he only won by 2 %.
    I haven't spent the time to decipher other points in CNN's " coverage " but I doubt they did any better in telling what really happened on a factual basis.

Comment

Yes a whole lot of misinformation goes around on facebook and other social media. Hell we have had some here by people who don't post here anymore. And yes you tried to correct them in the past. But in reality the news media is just as bad about miss quotes or taking things out of context and telling half truths...Charlie
      Now that’s a fact not even liberal media will deny.

Btw, is there a law in NJ that you are prohibited from pumping your own gas? Or did I misread that? Or was it sarcasm? I honestly have no idea
      ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
      ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Yes by NJ law we don't have self serve gas...Charlie
        Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

Had no idea that self-serve was not common place everywhere in USA
          There’s only one gas station in our area, that I know exists, who even offers full-serve.
          They have self-serve pumps too
          Learn something all the time
          Wonder if any other states prohibit self-serve?
          ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
          ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
          Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

The downside is it takes a little longer to wait for the attendant but you get to stay in your car when the weather is bad...Charlie

Comment

It's the human heart, the human condition that is to blame.. The removal of God, prayer and any mention of those, is to blame.. The break down of the family is to blame. The blame rests solely on the people who commit these horrific deeds..

I have seen that so many want "more gun control".. I just do not get that.. Look all over the country.. The most restrictive gun laws have done NOTHING to reduce shootings in Chicago.. Chicago politicians blame it on Indiana.... Well, my question is, if it's Indiana's fault why aren't they having all of the shootings and deaths? New York.. Same.. California.. Same..

It's a silly argument to say that disarming law abiding citizens is the answer..

But I will offer this for pondering; Why the concentration on disarming the law-abiding people?? What about alcohol related deaths (drinking and driving)? 11,000 a year.. Why are they not trying to stop the legal selling of alcohol to the public? What about closing all the bars? I mean, saving lives is the goal..

Ever wonder why this is the ONLY one that they want to do "something" about???

2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO
              Mobile, Al.
              Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post
                It's the human heart, the human condition that is to blame.. The removal of God, prayer and any mention of those, is to blame.. The break down of the family is to blame. The blame rests solely on the people who commit these horrific deeds..

I have seen that so many want "more gun control".. I just do not get that.. Look all over the country.. The most restrictive gun laws have done NOTHING to reduce shootings in Chicago.. Chicago politicians blame it on Indiana.... Well, my question is, if it's Indiana's fault why aren't they having all of the shootings and deaths? New York.. Same.. California.. Same..

It's a silly argument to say that disarming law abiding citizens is the answer..

But I will offer this for pondering; Why the concentration on disarming the law-abiding people?? What about alcohol related deaths (drinking and driving)? 11,000 a year.. Why are they not trying to stop the legal selling of alcohol to the public? What about closing all the bars? I mean, saving lives is the goal..

Ever wonder why this is the ONLY one that they want to do "something" about???

All good points. But two points stand out. The number one being the states and cities with the strongest gun control laws have not stopped gun killings far from it. You see only the law abiding follow the law. Criminals don't follow the law. When the criminals are armed and the law abiding are not. What do you expect? You get what we have in Chicago and other high crime areas with restrictive gun laws.
                Now about alcohol. We did have a prohibition on alcohol and it was an absolute failure. It did not stop people from drinking alcohol but it did make criminals very rich and powerful. So much so that it led to violence with criminals protecting their turf from rivals for the profit from the sale of alcohol. Much like the drug cartels of today.
                Gun control can not work. Just like prohibition did not work or the war on drugs is not working. Making anything illegal does not keep it from anyone who wants it. Look at how many people are dying from drug overdoses now then imagine how many people are using drugs but not dying. The numbers have to be staggering. And we have a total ban on illegal drugs with a great effort to enforce the law. Yet so many people can readily get the drugs.
                How would a ban on guns be any different? Criminals would not follow the law just as they don't follow the law now in the areas with restrictive gun control laws. And guns would still be available to them just as illegal drugs are available now to anyone who wants them. I guess drug dealers would profit from it as they would have another illegal product to sell as in a black market for guns.
                The law abiding would have a tough choice to make. Follow the law and have no way to defend themselves from an armed criminal. Or disregard the law.
                Ponder that one for a while...Charlie

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A5C24D0-5DBC-4D0A-9972-1217A0A3F224.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	66760

Comment

All good points. But two points stand out. The number one being the states and cities with the strongest gun control laws have not stopped gun killings far from it. You see only the law abiding follow the law. Criminals don't follow the law. When the criminals are armed and the law abiding are not. What do you expect? You get what we have in Chicago and other high crime areas with restrictive gun laws.
                    Absolutely correct..

Now about alcohol. We did have a prohibition on alcohol and it was an absolute failure. It did not stop people from drinking alcohol but it did make criminals very rich and powerful. So much so that it led to violence with criminals protecting their turf from rivals for the profit from the sale of alcohol. Much like the drug cartels of today.
                    Also absolutely correct..

Gun control can not work.
                    It depends on WHAT/WHO they are trying to "control" and what their desired outcome is.. This goes to your very last point.. What does the law abiding citizen do?? Become a victim?? Become a criminal??

Just like prohibition did not work or the war on drugs is not working. Making anything illegal does not keep it from anyone who wants it. Look at how many people are dying from drug overdoses now then imagine how many people are using drugs but not dying. The numbers have to be staggering. And we have a total ban on illegal drugs with a great effort to enforce the law. Yet so many people can readily get the drugs.
                    Bingo..

How would a ban on guns be any different? Criminals would not follow the law just as they don't follow the law now in the areas with restrictive gun control laws. And guns would still be available to them just as illegal drugs are available now to anyone who wants them. I guess drug dealers would profit from it as they would have another illegal product to sell as in a black market for guns.
                    Yep..

The law abiding would have a tough choice to make. Follow the law and have no way to defend themselves from an armed criminal. Or disregard the law.
                    Ponder that one for a while...Charlie
                    This I addressed above.... You made some great points Charlie.. The kind of points I wanted to see someone throw out there.. All true.. All well thought out..

So, if it's not about deaths and it is not about disarming the criminal (they will never follow the law), then what's it all about, really??? Why the concentration on "Gun Control" when there are so many other things out there causing just as many, if not more deaths?? I mean, even if "Only 1 life can be saved".. Remember that line?? But why only firearms?
                    Mobile, Al.
                    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

[QUOTE=

So, if it's not about deaths and it is not about disarming the criminal (they will never follow the law), then what's it all about, really??? Why the concentration on "Gun Control" when there are so many other things out there causing just as many, if not more deaths?? I mean, even if "Only 1 life can be saved".. Remember that line?? But why only firearms?[/QUOTE]

To answer that you have to know the real reason for the second amendment. And I am sure you know it but for the benefit of those who don't. It is not so people could go hunting. Not even so people could defend themselves from criminals. Although they are good reasons they pale in comparison to the reason for the second amendment. The reason for the second amendment is to give the people the means to fight against an oppressive government. A last chance guarantee to protect our people from the government becoming oppressive.
                      That is the reason the left wants to take our guns away. They want the government to control every aspect of our life and for us to have no means of fighting against it.

Sure they will say things like "if it saves one life" or whatever to play on the emotions and the wall to wall news coverage showing dead children does stir peoples emotions.
                      Couple that with the fact that a large portion of the population has been so dumbed down by the left leaning media and public education system who have no idea what the second amendment is. Or the bill of rights or constitution for that matter. Well you can see how playing on their emotions can sway their thoughts and ultimately their votes come election time.

Pretty scary. But thank God we still have the second amendment and even if we loose it the millions of guns out there in the hands of those who understand the second amendment will not go down without a fight...Charlie

Comment

Right on Kyle. Go all the way back to the first murder, Cain taking out Abel. Without a gun even! Its hard to fathom that someone can actually murder someone without a gun.
                        Andrew Munao Jr
                        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                        888-231-2392 | [email protected] | simyamaha.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post

Right on Kyle. Go all the way back to the first murder, Cain taking out Abel. Without a gun even! Its hard to fathom that someone can actually murder someone without a gun.
                          Absolutely.. Dead is dead.. If someone wants you dead, they'll do it with their bare hands..
                          Mobile, Al.
                          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

To answer that you have to know the real reason for the second amendment. And I am sure you know it but for the benefit of those who don't. It is not so people could go hunting. Not even so people could defend themselves from criminals. Although they are good reasons they pale in comparison to the reason for the second amendment. The reason for the second amendment is to give the people the means to fight against an oppressive government. A last chance guarantee to protect our people from the government becoming oppressive.
                            That is the reason the left wants to take our guns away. They want the government to control every aspect of our life and for us to have no means of fighting against it.

Sure they will say things like "if it saves one life" or whatever to play on the emotions and the wall to wall news coverage showing dead children does stir peoples emotions.
                            Couple that with the fact that a large portion of the population has been so dumbed down by the left leaning media and public education system who have no idea what the second amendment is. Or the bill of rights or constitution for that matter. Well you can see how playing on their emotions can sway their thoughts and ultimately their votes come election time.

Pretty scary. But thank God we still have the second amendment and even if we loose it the millions of guns out there in the hands of those who understand the second amendment will not go down without a fight...Charlie
                            Excellent post.. I have some biblical aspects I would like to share, but I don't want to step over a line..
                            Mobile, Al.
                            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Excellent post.. I have some biblical aspects I would like to share, but I don't want to step over a line..
                              It's ok, I will, I just studied Cain's offering vs Abel's offering, Abel's was accepted, Cain's was rejected, God offered a chance to Cain and it was refused, Cain then plotted to kill Abel, no gun necessary!

Nice segue, huh!

Man is depraved, God is good, Jesus is the way out!

Oops! I did it again!

God bless America.
                              Kevin

Comment

Don't worry you wont be stepping over a line. I am not as religious as some here and I can't quote the Bible. But I do like it when others do. And I do believe in God I just don't talk about it that much. So go ahead I am sure others will appreciate it also...Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                X