Build the WALL GoFundMe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

To this I would agree but would substitute, with your permission, the term Liberals for Dems; a true Dem would today be considered an Independent in my humble opinion
    I think you are correct in that the parties today are not the parties of old. At one time the democrats stood for the working class. That is no longer the case. Think about it, who gets hurt the most by uncontrolled immigration? The working class that's who. Cheap labor flooding the job market drives wages down. Then on top of that high taxes and over regulation drives businesses away further reducing the job market. Then Trump comes along wanting to control our borders lower taxes and reduce over regulation. No wonder he got elected. Enough people woke up to the direction the left was taking this country and took a chance with Trump. The left has taken over the democrat party. The left wants the people dependant on the government to survive. They want to keep the poor dependant on the government and bring in more poor people. They claim to be compassionate but in reality it is just a ploy to keep the poor dependant and get their votes. There are many good people in this country who are life long democrats. It's time they wake up and see the direction the left has taken the democrat party. And take it back from the far left or abandon it...Charlie

Comment

The problem is where should those democrats go. They reject trump as a standard bearer. Trump lost an opportunity to draw moderates in by his childish style. He could have passed infrastructure, DACA, tax reform that provided relief to the middle class without increasing the deficit and got his wall. He had that deal in the spring, but Sean, rush and Ann didn't like it. He tanked the stock market with his tariffs. Democrats are looking for somewhere to go, and it isn't trump.

Comment

Y'all sound like trump on Christmas morning with his "airing of grievances". Every other president would have been out trying to cheer up the country and (God forbid) visiting the troops. Instead he sat in his residence whining like a spoiled brat about not getting his way and watching television "all alone in the White house". You know it's killing him not being at Mar-a-lago with his billionaire buddies and playing golf.

He couldn't even make a phone call to a 7 year old without screwing it up. Great photo op >"Do you still believe in Santa Claus?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boatkeeper
          It wouldn't have mattered what Trump did after he was elected. The Dems were against everything he didn't even do yet. Remember the marches ? If a Dem was President and did everything that Trump is doing Sailfish wouldn't be complaining at all.
          But then, reasonable people would have seen that he was at least trying. Blaming democrats for what they might have done is no different from blaming trump for what he might do. It's all just feeding the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
            Y'all sound like trump on Christmas morning with his "airing of grievances". Every other president would have been out trying to cheer up the country and (God forbid) visiting the troops. Instead he sat in his residence whining like a spoiled brat about not getting his way and watching television "all alone in the White house". You know it's killing him not being at Mar-a-lago with his billionaire buddies and playing golf.

He couldn't even make a phone call to a 7 year old without screwing it up. Great photo op >"Do you still believe in Santa Claus?"
            We knew Trump was a billionaire before we elected him; how did Bill, Hilary and Barry come by their millions? Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

We knew Trump was a billionaire before we elected him; how did Bill, Hilary and Barry come by their millions? Hmmm.
              Why is it always Bill, Hillary and Barack with you guys! Almost every Senator and Congressman leaves office as millionaires. When Bill, Hillary and Barack can make up to $100,000 for one speech, it doesn't take long. And yet it's perfectly legal. When trump buys a house on Palm Beach for around 14 million and sells it sight unseen to a Russian oligarch for 93 million, it's called fraud and/or money laundering.

Who really knows if trump was or is a billionaire. We do know that he's been caught lying in order to get bumped up on the Forbes 400 list and we are pretty sure that he's lost over a billion since he ran for office.

Trump's wealth is reportedly dwindling even as the president has taken steps to boost his revenue while in office, according to Forbes. Those steps include Trump launching his re-election campaign just after the November 2016 race, which kept donations flowing in that have been used by Trump's companies. (Does that sound legal or ethical?)

You're talking about a man who has over 6,000 documented lies and misstatements since becoming president.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post

You're talking about a man who has over 6,000 documented lies and misstatements since becoming president.
                How does that compare to Clinton or Obama? Are you as offended by their lies or its just Trump lies? I am not trying to justify lying, I am just seeing how much a hypocrite you are, or aren't. Does Clinton and Obama's lies bother you?
                Andrew Munao Jr
                Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
                888-231-2392 | andyjr@shipyardisland.com | simyamaha.com

Comment

I don't like it when any politician lies. But can you show me one that hasn't? Just one that's all I am asking for...Charlie

Comment

Maybe I'm just offended that he can't talk without lying and he's making lying to be totally acceptable and unimportant in our government and our foreign policy. And certainly making it acceptable to his base. I'm sure you can find a few lies here and there in anyone's resume but, come on, trump's been counted at I believe over 130 lies in one day. Do you find that acceptable? I find it a little troubling, to say the least. But to compare him and his total disdain for the truth to Obama or the Clinton is totally laughable. Trump is a compulsive liar.

Compulsive liar:
                    A compulsive liar is defined as someone who lies out of habit. Lying is their normal and reflexive way of responding to questions. Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small. For a compulsive liar, telling the truth is very awkward and uncomfortable while lying feels right.

Latest whoppers:

"Saudi Arabia's going to pay to rebuild Syria." Saudi Arabia's response: Huh!

And, "I just let out a contract for 500 miles of wall." Rest of administration's response: Huh!

OOPS, Almost forgot. I missed one more current whopper;

"I've talked to many federal workers and they are happy to work without pay until I get my wall."

Federal workers response: Huh!

But I just heard he finally decided to go visit our troops. Good for him. First time ever in a war zone.
                    Last edited by Sailfish 218; 12-26-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

People lie all the time, doesn't make it right. Politicians lies (any of them) just get higher viz.
                      I paid "X" for this boat, sold for "X".
                      Caught "X" fish.
                      One was "X" big.
                      I drive the ball 250 yrds.
                      They all lie, some get caught, some don't.
                      I donno, it's a never ending lie, all of it.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1
                      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

$19m!

Comment

He'll have his wall paid for in about 252 years. Or, at least 150 miles or so of it.

You know what PT Barnum said, don't you?

Comment

The man behind a GoFundMe campaign that has raised $11 million to build Trump's wall also ran a conspiracy-theory page that got kicked off Facebook

NBC News reported on Thursday that Kolfage used to run a Facebook page called "Right Wing News" that was culled in October when Facebook deleted 559 pages for what it described as "inauthentic activity."

Facebook said these pages worked to "mislead others about who they are, and what they are doing" and used fake accounts to drive traffic to their websites.

NBC said Kolfage's sites "frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories," including that Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, was hiding a series of deadly illnesses.

MailOnline said some headlines from another of Kolfage's sites, called FreedomDaily, included "Money-Grubbing Muslims Stole Over $16 MILLION From Needy Americans — Trump Has Perfect Punishment" and "Kaepernick Just Released His Own 'Bill of Rights' And Is Forcing Everyone In America To Follow It."

Related:

The GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $1 billion for a border wall is shutting down, and the $20 million raised will be refunded to donors.

A GoFundMe spokesman, Bobby Whithorne, told INSIDER that the campaign's founder, Brian Kolfage, initially promised donors that all donations would be used to pay for a wall along the US-Mexico border, like the one President Donald Trump has proposed, if it met its $1 billion goal.

"However, that did not happen," Whithorne said. "This means all donors will receive a refund."

Kolfage, a US veteran who supports Trump, updated the campaign's page on Friday announcing the refunds. He said donors could redirect their donations to a new "501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named 'We Build the Wall, Inc.'" if they still wished for their money to be used, in one way or another, to build a wall.

As you can see, he's opened up another web site where all the suckers can go and donate money to his cause...... P. T. Barnum would be proud.

Comment

Working...
                            X