New tarrifs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

And you are ......................................Not?

Imagine, Robert Mueller, Marine Corps Viet Nam vet
    Bronze Star with "V" for combat heroism
    Purple Heart
    On the sidelines while David Dennison takes the review

John McCain said not to be a hero by David Dennison on the sidelines while David decrees our military must salute him?

"Redundancy"?
    Your Damned Right it's freak'n redundancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail to the chief, HUH?
    Refer to post #75.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

Charlie - you can't say black anymore....

It's racist.
      How right you are. And the point you brought out in post #75 was proven right here. I just mention the word black or muslim and immediately I get jumped on by a democrat . And of course it is inferred that I am a racist. Nothing new with that. But don't worry I have pretty thick skin and being called a racist means nothing to me. The fact that people who think the way the democrats do can and do vote has me worried though.Charlie

Comment

My mother, straight off the boat from eastern europe, used to use the N word instead of Negro because she couldnt pronounce the word. She didnt use it as a slur, she just didnt know what other word to use. This was back in the 50s and 60s. Then she learned the term black. Even if she was alive today, I doubt she could make the switch to African American. And this was in Canada, in a town that had every nationality, but no blacks. The darkest people around were portugese, spanish, italian and pakistani/indian. She didnt discriminate against any, but simply couldnt twist her tongue around certain words.

We tend to use the term we grew up with. I grew up with black. my daughter grew up with African American. Some other folks grew up with other terms. Doesnt mean we have to change our word with each generation, nor does the meaning change. my word doesnt become your slur. Its the meaning you ascribe to the term that matters.

If being racist means you prefer the company of your own race, then most people are. If being nationalist means you prefer the company of your own countrymen, then most are. But being bigoted, means ascribing certain undesirable characteristics universally to a race, and I dont believe most people are. Even Charlie.

Comment

I was just trying to save Mike the trouble of typing the whole military parade thingy again.

Comment

Originally posted by manitunc View Post
            My mother, straight off the boat from eastern europe, used to use the N word instead of Negro because she couldnt pronounce the word. She didnt use it as a slur, she just didnt know what other word to use. This was back in the 50s and 60s. Then she learned the term black. Even if she was alive today, I doubt she could make the switch to African American. And this was in Canada, in a town that had every nationality, but no blacks. The darkest people around were portugese, spanish, italian and pakistani/indian. She didnt discriminate against any, but simply couldnt twist her tongue around certain words.

We tend to use the term we grew up with. I grew up with black. my daughter grew up with African American. Some other folks grew up with other terms. Doesnt mean we have to change our word with each generation, nor does the meaning change. my word doesnt become your slur. Its the meaning you ascribe to the term that matters.

If being racist means you prefer the company of your own race, then most people are. If being nationalist means you prefer the company of your own countrymen, then most are. But being bigoted, means ascribing certain undesirable characteristics universally to a race, and I dont believe most people are. Even Charlie.
            I dont think Charlie is a racist
            I dont have any problem with saying "Black"

I think though the tone of "Black" combined with "Muslim" goes' to a very negative sound

My grandmother off the boat from Lithuania would whisper "Colored"
            It would be a whisper like it was a word that wasn't nice and should only be whispered

But to her color and nationality was important to describe people

"Michael, that nice Italian boy stopped to see you"
            "Gramuta, his name is Richey"
            "Oh, the nice Italian boy with the mustache"

Behind us lived the Chapmans
            Mr Chapman was 2nd generation English
            Mrs Chapman was from Ireland
            Mr Chapman's mother would call Mrs Chapman "Irisher"

To us in my neighborhood growing up in Philly all of the slangs were used and some nice or at least acceptable, and some not so nice or acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post
              I was just trying to save Mike the trouble of typing the whole military parade thingy again.
              Good

Wanna talk about David's latest WH firing?
              Rex Tillerson bit the dust it appears because he felt Russia was behind the spies attempted murder which went against David's partnership with Mr Putin
              Seems like David will go to great lengths not to criticize Mr Putin and Mr Putin denied any wrong doing by the Russians so out went Mr Tillerson

Cant go against the Putin/Dennison party line

Hey, I got a thought
              Maybe David can invite Putin to take the review from the military

Comment

Wow; last man standing just moved to a different thread heading; Putin fixation and all....

Comment

I love this place! Civilized and all. It's sometimes hard to but I attempt to judge people on their character rather than their skin color, we all have different levels.
                  I'm about clear as you can get, now having said that I know lots of dumb white people!
                  Just the way it is, some people don't want good for our country no matter what!
                  I would rather be respected for my ability and character rather than having light skin color, can't do much about it anyway.
                  Old story, we're mainly on this site because of our love of boating at all levels, we can have respect for each other no matter the party affiliation.
                  God bless America!
                  BWP

Comment

As for Putin. I would think the last thing he would want is for us to have a stronger military. And in fact it is the democrats who are doing his bidding. The whole Russia probe thing is doing nothing but further dividing this country. Seems that is just what Putin wants. To further divide us and weaken us the democrats are playing right into his hands...Charlie

Comment

• Mikey,
                      I had the same type of upbringing. Everyone on the street I was borne to came from a different country, so yeah, we were described as the pollack, jew, croate, frenchie, iti, czech, or whatever so the parent knew what house we belonged to. I understood 4 or 5 languages before I was 5.

Charlie,
                      that is exactly the purpose. While Putin would certainly prefer Trump to Hilary, the main purpose was to disrupt our country and foment discontent. Divide and conquer. As long as we are fighting with ourselves, he and the chinese can play in the rest of the world. And we're about to do it all over again with no clear plan how to prevent/protect. No one cares who's side the russians were on. Trump got elected. but we are coming up to a whole new set of elections. Are we going to realize that some of the preposterous ads are russian bots. Or is every stupid claim going to be taken seriously. Look, Trump didnt collude, Hilary was a horrible candidate, democrats got what they deserve, so did republicans. They both suck and can't get out of their own way as they pad their own pockets.

Now, lets just move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by manitunc View Post
                        Mikey,
                        I had the same type of upbringing. Everyone on the street I was borne to came from a different country, so yeah, we were described as the pollack, jew, croate, frenchie, iti, czech, or whatever so the parent knew what house we belonged to. I understood 4 or 5 languages before I was 5.

Charlie,
                        that is exactly the purpose. While Putin would certainly prefer Trump to Hilary, the main purpose was to disrupt our country and foment discontent. Divide and conquer. As long as we are fighting with ourselves, he and the chinese can play in the rest of the world. And we're about to do it all over again with no clear plan how to prevent/protect. No one cares who's side the russians were on. Trump got elected. but we are coming up to a whole new set of elections. Are we going to realize that some of the preposterous ads are russian bots. Or is every stupid claim going to be taken seriously. Look, Trump didnt collude, Hilary was a horrible candidate, democrats got what they deserve, so did republicans. They both suck and can't get out of their own way as they pad their own pockets.

Now, lets just move on.
                        Amen and well said; and I, for one, intend to move on instead of listening to broken records.

Comment

• Originally posted by erie skipper View Post

Amen and well said; and I, for one, intend to move on instead of listening to broken records.
                          Jimmie
                          I was brought up to think that being an American, and our American way was the right way
                          You too share that as well
                          When I was a little kid and played in the street it was with real helmets both U.S. and Nazi helmets because the fathers had served in WWII and there were plenty of stuff brought home.
                          I enlisted because I wanted to serve in the Army
                          It meant something to me
                          When I was discharged I fought the decision because I wanted to stay in the army however the board of doctors at the naval hospital in Philly told me to haul ass that they didn't want damaged goods
                          It all meant something to me

What I see today to me is like unto a sacrilege
                          What is happening today to me is traitorous and a 180 from anything I was taught and believed

So, broken record as it might be to you, it is not to me
                          Every day, and that includes today, brings a brand new insult to my country, the WH and all I was brought to believe
                          Tillerson being fired is just one more episode in the ongoing soap opera
                          And it will continue ongoing

II await the day that there's even more indictments much closer to the POTUS home and family and his eventual impeachment and/or sentence

It, one or both, are comming

Comment

• Dream on...Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Mako runner View Post
                              Dream on...Charlie
                              Your kidding yourself to think otherwise

Comment

• OK mike whatever you say...Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                X